It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is RT America's "Redacted Tonight" broadcasting disinformation or the devastating truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Mods: I checked search at the time of this posting and no previous reports were submitted. If in inappropriate forum please move to appropriate one.

"Redacted Tonight" is a weekly show from RT America also available on YouTube. It is known for not holding back any punches on American Capitalism affecting the average Joe, as the latest episode below shows. The question is, is this disinformation from a Russian-owned company geared to stir revolutionary sentiment OR just the devastating truth?

Have a look at this latest episode entitled, "NSA Nudies, Hillary Helping Monsanto, Kids Too Fat For The Military and more".

edit on 12-7-2014 by MysteriousHusky because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Remember RT is not only Russian owned, but state sponsored! I love RT for actual world-wide news, but when it comes to anything America, they go a bit over the top.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes, RT is certain to be critical of America in any regards they can. But all in all - I like RT.

Flame away. I am going to rant.

Their website is laid out more professionally than 95% of the crap MSM here in America. (I am talking about the fact that 50-75% of RT is not covered with Celebrity and entertainment like much of the MSM sites here are, the fact that they talk about WORLD events on the front page, etc).

Look at your average RT article. First hand witness statements, usually pictures and videos that ACTUALLY go along with said witness statements, sources for nearly all videos and pictures AS WELL AS download links to almost all the videos they put up. As far as the world events go I find RT's reporting to often be the most detailed and it is certainly the most real in what they show. I mean mature content. They do not pretty up everything and photo shop everything bad out of their photos - they show what it REALLY looks like in chaotic areas...etc.

Do not get me wrong - I agree RT is state run and owned and obviously takes an Anti Western slant in many regards however they are very good at reporting events and cutting the fluff out. They usually stick to the facts of events (granted perhaps only the facts that work for their interests) and first hand accounts. Furthermore, RTs reporters actually get IN there! They go into those battlefields like many other MSM journalists do not....

And RT haters can say anything but you cannot disagree with this. RT touches topics that American MSM does not even go near when it comes to conspiracy/wrongdoings of governments type stuff. Basically - if one were to sit down and read every single headlining article on both an American MSM home page and on RT's homepage I guarantee you said person will have learned a lot more from the RT articles. They report on stuff that matters - even in the finance world, Not simply regurgitated garbage MSM puts out about how the stock market is rising so A okay!

Rant over.

Sorry OP..

I think RT definitely broadcasts more truth than they do disinformation and many Americans just want to deny the truths.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MysteriousHusky

RT hies Americans they see as pains in the ass of America just to put a burr under the American Saddle. Abbey Martin is a good example: I wouldn't define her ass Russian controlled, so much as she is a pain in the ass of the main stream information folks. So you can tune in their and get some good ideas, but the key is to always think critically, with any source.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue
You really think she doesn't say what Russia want's her to say? And she gets to say what she really wants? Ever heard of Pussy Riot? A Russian band jailed for defaming Putin? Yep, sure thing Abby says what she wants when she wants and Russia cares less, or maybe she is an attractive woman pressing propaganda and people like you believe it...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I totally agree with everything you said, this has been my thought's on RT for a while. I may add that while state sponsored etc the truth is they do not need any propaganda against the US at this point because the US government is in such a bad way and so corrupt that they provide all of the ammunition needed to damn it. RT may lie and spin in the future but as far as i can tell, right now, they are truthful.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: KnowledgeSeeker81

Yeah, this is a bit of a softball, but sure, I like her, I'll swing. Yes, she says what she wants:
www.youtube.com...
RT English follows the optimal strategy, which is to get Americans that are a pain in the ass to the status quo, and have a chuckle while they rant this way and that way. Russians don't watch RT English, so the don't care about the domestic message.

edit: Another thing I should mention is that I've drunk stumbled into being privy to certain information a couple of times, the sort of stuff I'm sure Russian intelligence would know, and I've seen Abby Martin make a rant which is absolutely on the wrong side of the issue, (If she had the Intel) even from the perspective of Russian interests, but she doesn't have the Intel. She says what she thinks based on the limited information she has, which basically paints the picture of her as a burr-under-the-saddle rock and roll news personality, not some obvious Russian puppet.

edit on 13-7-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Do you really think RT lets her say what she wants freely though? Max Keiser is an RT nutjob that comes to mind, play the drinking game of everytime you hear bitcoin in his show aired from 2011-present minus a few months and you would be drunk as a Russian sailor...that could find the boat, or couldn't

This reporter quit
RT journalist quits

Also notice how every single female RT journalist is attractive, then think, just think what a pretty woman does to your mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnowledgeSeeker81
Do you really think RT lets her say what she wants freely though? Max Keiser is an RT nutjob that comes to mind, play the drinking game of everytime you hear bitcoin in his show aired from 2011-present minus a few months and you would be drunk as a Russian sailor...that could find the boat, or couldn't

This reporter quit
RT journalist quits

Also notice how every single female RT journalist is attractive, then think, just think what a pretty woman does to your mind.

Pretty women? I will have to check it out. Right now Fox cornered the market on news babes. It doesn't affect me really, but Megan Kelly's new hair do is oh la la. What was it she said... Oh yeah something about world events.. Doesn't matter..

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yes, Abby Martin is pretty isn't she? You know who I think is also really pretty is the woman who appeared with Max Keiser... Stacy Herbert.

But ultimately, yes. These people have alternative agendas and ideas, and that attracts RT. Their number one goal is market penetration, not influencing a small group of viewers, so they embrace these free American thinkers. Its pretty much free speech.

And Its a credit to America that I can watch it. America is a free speech country by law, but I've seen a level of of grovelling self censorship on some networks that makes RT look good. Not government censorship mind you, but people seemingly trying to report, and put out talking points they THINK they government would want to hear. These folks should remember that media is supposed to question government. And their efforts serve to make this country actually look more totalitarian than it is.

But yeah, I take it with a grain of salt - and these people often report on things in a way I disagree with, including certain recent stories of Abby Martin - but I think their voices are good for America.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

These are true news stories that I have seen in the regular news and on A.T.S. as well - the difference is the spin that is placed on them by the RT - which is opposite the spin from American media.

I can tell it has spin, though.
edit on 13amSun, 13 Jul 2014 00:47:58 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

"You don't have to be doing anything illegal to want privacy." I admit that is a great line.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tridentblue

These folks should remember that media is supposed to question government. And their efforts serve to make this country actually look more totalitarian than it is.

Exactly, how is RT supposed to question government when they are a state sponsored media outlet. It's not like Fox or CNN that pays the government, the Russian government pays for RT, they even recently just expanded to Argentina allowing a 24/7 RT channelArgentina

they all spin ideas, none of which we should believe!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

What you forget to mention the RT journalist whom had quit wanted to start as an author in one of those neocon websites.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Also notice how every single female RT journalist is attractive, then think, just think what a pretty woman does to your mind

Oh really? so what about those Blonds that FOX News always have them on ever weekend and Fridays?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

it literally comes up in google once you get to RT reporters (they suggest are hot)

google says

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It occurs to me that were it true that RT was attempting to incite an uprising in America, then would not other evidences that have come to light in the recent past also be a part of that plan?

It is becoming increasingly obvious what is happening. Almost to the point now that it cannot be denied even by the most dedicated of sleepers.

If it were the plan to give us a good reason to freak out and start killing people and breaking things, then we probably shouldn't do that. In fact, were we to do nothing they wanted, they would probably lose some momentum. But, that would mean giving up Soul Crush Saga and twerking.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Also notice how every single female RT journalist is attractive, then think, just think what a pretty woman does to your mind

Oh really? so what about those Blonds that FOX News always have them on ever weekend and Fridays?

when did I say I liked FOX news?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's these kind of posts that make me lose all hope.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mon1k3r

it is true, just like the US sponsors in "western" countries. It's just subtle enough to make a difference, yet not cause an outroar.

Think-tanks I believe is what they are called.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join