It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory: 14,000 Pennsylyvania Men Born between 1893 and 1897

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Chuck Huey, 73, of Kingston, said he got a notice addressed to his late grandfather Bert Huey, a World War I veteran who was born in 1894 and died in 1995 at age 100.

"I said, 'Geez, what the hell is this about?' It said he was subject to heavy fines and imprisonment if he didn't sign up for the draft board," he said. "We were just totally dumbfounded."

Huey said he tried calling the Selective Service but couldn't get a live person on the line.

Feds Send 14,000 Draft Notices to Men Born in 1800s

-

Perhaps ... The Ghost-Riders Are Coming: ...
Photos: "Pennsylvania Cowboys Early 1900's"

-
OPINION: Good Grief !!! ... Uncle Sam.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Autocrat's often make mistake's and it makes you realize how incompetance can lead to tragedy, how many innocent kid's were called up wrongly and sent to there death over the decade's, conscripts make the poorest soldiers as they do not want to be there were a professional soldier is valued at about 8 conscripts in battle effectiveness.
Still this is egg on the face of the idiot who rubber stamped it and thanks for the video one of my favourite all time song's.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No way this was an accident, imo. The government and the media require specific thought~form responses (energy) from people who hear/read this "report". It suggests the idea that the show is run by fumbling boobs. 2 digit code to indicate year of birth. Did they use an abacus to calculate the letters to be sent out?

You just never know. You don't want to mess around with the federal government.

What an odd thing to say. Suggestion implanted from the old, to the youth.

Huey said he tried calling the Selective Service but couldn't get a live person on the line.

Let me guess, no money for call center operators?

It makes me wonder how they really spent the money this so-called error "reportedly" cost the system. Straw-man story......
edit on 62014vAmerica/Chicago07bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 12 Jul 2014 19:48:02 -05005 by November5 because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The glitch, it turns out, originated with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation during a transfer of nearly 400,000 records to the Selective Service. A clerk working with the state's database failed to select the century, producing records for males born between 1993 and 1997 — and for those born a century earlier, PennDOT spokeswoman Jan McKnight said Thursday.

Interesting, so the States DoT sends their records of registered drivers and they make sure they are registered for the military draft!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Ghosts. These men are needed as soldiers in an adjacent dimension.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I bet you could find a lot of their names in recent elections in the area too

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Would that mean that if there was a draft 14,000 less people would be drafted until they figured out their mistake? If so then everyone should have just ignored it. I think that a draft should only be necessary when there is a threat to one's nation. Take the Vietnam draft for instance...absolutely ridiculous that US boys were forced to go fight a war that only involved America because of politicians. Well all wars involve politicians, but what I mean is that it was avoidable. It did not involve America. Anyway this mistake is an example of bureaucracy at its finest.
edit on 7/12/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
my home state homie I love pennsylvania even though i am still not a fan of any governence I will say though that I am jealous of those that lived in the period you wrote the op about!!

THEY ARE GETTING READY FOR AN ELECTION SEASON BROTHERMAN SAYS AND THEY EFFED IT UP!!!
edit on 12-7-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I personally don't believe this is a mistake. Its a psyop.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No one questions why there are so many more selected people to be notified then in the past?

But then many workers have no clue as to what they are doing anyway.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Consarnit Gramps! You draft-dodger ol' codger! We're gona what be speakin' German if you don't get over there and give the ol' Kaiser a good what'fer.

I tend to agree with brotherman though. Election season is a ripe time for "Registered" voters.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Agreed

Reminds me of this

top topics

join