It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity & Hobby Lobby

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: spirited75

sunday isn't the day that God appointed as the day of rest...

Hobby Lobby mandates their employees follow their religious beliefs
in that the have every Sunday and religious holiday off and no
progressive liberal is offended or falsely upset about that.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Hobby Lobby doesn't mandate that their employees follow their religious beliefs. Just because they give everyone Sunday off and Religious Holidays off doesn't mean they are mandating their employees follow their faith. It just means they have those days off not that they must go to church or anything.

It would be illegal for Hobby Lobby to mandate their employees to follow a certain religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

it might not be healthy and I also see it as a important part of a marriage but well
it seems that many people who in the anti birth control camp and such seem not to view it that way.
my bet is that many of them would see things differently if it was their partner or decided they weren't gonna risk sex since they do not desire a child at the present time! of course I think that the men should also do the same since well let's face it the arrival of a child can be a great blessing as long as it doesn't come in really terrible circumstances and it can be just as destructive for a male as it can be to a female.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

I could give a rodents tush that your guru, idol, mentor is Austin Cline.
A mere mortal subject to the same foibles and failings as the rest of us
is not going to set or define standards for me.

I said he was knowledgeable and made sense.

You afraid you might learn something?

What days they choose to be closed is not forcing religious belief.

edit on 2-8-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

all the more reason for women young and old married or single to refuse to have sex
unless of course they desire to have a child!
if the guys want to have sex bad enough let them abuse their bodies awhile for their sex!

Sex is abuse? Whoa.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Sex is abuse? Whoa.

HA! I knew we'd agree on something.

I got divorced from my high school sweetheart (he was jealous of his children), right in the middle of the sexual revolution.

Consider me abused

edit on 2-8-2014 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But Annee, this is just the jadedness talking. Or the hurt.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Annee

But Annee, this is just the jadedness talking. Or the hurt.

What? No it's not.

Nothing better then first time lust.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Sex is abuse? Whoa.

HA! I knew we'd agree on something.

I got divorced from my high school sweetheart (he was jealous of his children), right in the middle of the sexual revolution.

Consider me abused

LOL. (Tips hat.)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

taking a bunch of chemicals to alter the processes of the body so there are no kids as a result is abusing the body!!
why don't men take more of an initiative in this area??

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

taking a bunch of chemicals to alter the processes of the body so there are no kids as a result is abusing the body!!

how is that much different from putting a lot of chemicals all over the face to alter the way you look, painting on a chemical mask to hide the truthful way that you look.
If women want equality, then leave the makeup off.

Women have pretty much replaced the men with the nanny government.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'm like the canary in the coal mine when it comes to chemicals I react to alot of crap even many of the meds out there.
so well don't preach to me about make up please. it really does make a mess of my skin!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"Chemicals" or hormones? Yam extract has a large amount of progesterone analogs and was used to modulate fertility for millennia.

The answer is easy, regulating hormone patterns in females to prevent release of the egg until certain times is easy. Females are only fertile a portion of their cycle. If you coordinate release of the egg with the menses (which is what "the pill" does) you can avoid her fertile time.

Men, who are fertile all of the time, is a different and more difficult problem. Stopping production of sperm "chemically" is not only difficult, but difficult to do temporarily, and likely to have much more negative systemic effects. Although the "male pill" would be a Holy Grail for the evil big pharma, the solution is not as simple as it seems.

Currently we are regulated to things that cut off sperm delivery--vasectomy and condoms (barrier methods). Certainly everyone should take reproductive responsibility. It does take two to tango.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

the post that started this small segment of the discussion was a reply to xuenchen who saw fit to post new information about the risks of birth control.
of which I replied that that was all the more reason to just avoid the sex. it the guy wants it bad enough let him abuse his body for awhile -- with the chemicals!! after all we women have been popping them for quite a few decades now and putting up with the side effects!
so after that reply I get accused of saying sex was abuse (no I didn't)
reminding about the junk women put on their face and the bad effects of that (lol!! you should really look into what you what's in the products you buy the crap is in just about everything!

So no we are back to talking about alternative methods of birth control...
your suggestion-- natural rhythem
out of 100 women who try this method 25 will get pregnant
abstinance is 100% effective.
out of 100 men who try the condoms there will be 11-16 pregnancies
oral contraceptives 5 pregnancies
IUD's less than one pregnancy

www.womenshealth.gov...

some of yous are trying so hard to justify the removal of birth control from the health insurance plans.
many of those same people want abortion to end
they want the law to recognize a fetus as a person and in some states they have accepted this.. so now in at least one state you can be imprisoned if you take a prescribed medication that you need to stay healthy if you happen to miscarry afterward!!!
another common reply that is given is that if you don't want to have kids then don't have the sex!! even though many of those who are saying this are members of churches that clearly preach that the wives are to be obedient to their husbands!!
and clearly you don't seem to accept that since you are now bringing up the natural birth control as an acceptable alternative. ya know what for someone who knows that having a baby is gonna cause bodily harm to them maybe even death
or someone who is depending on that medication to be able to function
I am sorry but a one in four chance of getting pregnant isn't good enough!

I like my solution
you don't want a baby refuse the sex! If you significant other don't like it tell them to complain to hobby lobby and the other companies, to the right to life crowd, to the politicians, to the churches!
it parts of the country they have made it too danged dangerous to get pregnant!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

it the guy wants it bad enough let him abuse his body for awhile -- with the chemicals!! after all we women have been popping them for quite a few decades now and putting up with the side effects!

Yes. I had a breast tumor at age 21. The doctors said it was caused from the type of birth control I was taking (pill). I don't know how they would know that, but that's what the record states.

As far as chemicals on your face, there has always been natural skin care and makeup. And, currently, the fastest growing consumer of skin products is men. Some well known brands now carry a full line just for men.

BTW: Male Contraceptives www.malecontraceptives.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

There is another thing I forgot what it is but they inject something inside the male urethra for birth control and remove it later if they want to go back to normal. It does work i heard ut it sounds iffy or dangerous to me but tis supposed to be safe.

There was an attempt at pills for men but they havent made them safe enough or effective enough yet.

Once they do have male birth control what do you bet how quickly the laws will change....
edit on 4-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

these four contraceptives that hobby lobby will not buy,
how much does one month supply of each one cost?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

the post that started this small segment of the discussion was a reply to xuenchen who saw fit to post new information about the risks of birth control.
of which I replied that that was all the more reason to just avoid the sex. it the guy wants it bad enough let him abuse his body for awhile -- with the chemicals!! after all we women have been popping them for quite a few decades now and putting up with the side effects!
so after that reply I get accused of saying sex was abuse (no I didn't)
reminding about the junk women put on their face and the bad effects of that (lol!! you should really look into what you what's in the products you buy the crap is in just about everything!

So no we are back to talking about alternative methods of birth control...
your suggestion-- natural rhythem
out of 100 women who try this method 25 will get pregnant
abstinance is 100% effective.
out of 100 men who try the condoms there will be 11-16 pregnancies
oral contraceptives 5 pregnancies
IUD's less than one pregnancy

www.womenshealth.gov...

some of yous are trying so hard to justify the removal of birth control from the health insurance plans.
many of those same people want abortion to end
they want the law to recognize a fetus as a person and in some states they have accepted this.. so now in at least one state you can be imprisoned if you take a prescribed medication that you need to stay healthy if you happen to miscarry afterward!!!
another common reply that is given is that if you don't want to have kids then don't have the sex!! even though many of those who are saying this are members of churches that clearly preach that the wives are to be obedient to their husbands!!
and clearly you don't seem to accept that since you are now bringing up the natural birth control as an acceptable alternative. ya know what for someone who knows that having a baby is gonna cause bodily harm to them maybe even death
or someone who is depending on that medication to be able to function
I am sorry but a one in four chance of getting pregnant isn't good enough!

I like my solution
you don't want a baby refuse the sex! If you significant other don't like it tell them to complain to hobby lobby and the other companies, to the right to life crowd, to the politicians, to the churches!
it parts of the country they have made it too danged dangerous to get pregnant!

First of all, I didn't suggest any form of birth control--just trying to point out that BC is easier to manage for women than men, absent vasectomy.

Secondly, I didn't say anything about removing birth control from insurance plans. I think if you tread my posts you will see that my theme is the same--I am against government mandates. If an insurance company or an employer wants to cover birth control, that's fine by me.

I didn't mention natural birth control at all, did I? I was explaining that oral contraceptives utilize the cycle. Ever look at your pack of OCP? See how they are dated? That's because the dose of hormone varies from high to zero in relation to your monthly cycle.

Having a baby is the most natural thing in the world. Sure there are very rare complications in the west, but that is how our species survive.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
considering that other companies have also been relieved of this part of the mandate and some of them object to all birth control I don't see why it is relevant to go down this avenue about the four hobby lobby has an issue with. it has an effect on all!

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

considering that other companies have also been relieved of this part of the mandate and some of them object to all birth control I don't see why it is relevant to go down this avenue about the four hobby lobby has an issue with. it has an effect on all!

Title of the thread

Christianity & Hobby Lobby

petty quibbling.

how much money per month does each individual of the four denied contraceptives cost?

edit on 5/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join