It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hating summer with a passion normal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I hate winter, I love summer. I love the feeling of the hot sun penetrating my skin and walking barefoot on the warm grass. Of course I have always lived in dry climates where humidity wasn't an issue. I can easily deal with 100+ degree weather and I get cold at anything less than 74.

Sure you can always put on more clothes in the winter but that doesn't stop your lungs from burning. If I wear a scarf over my mouth, my glasses fog up. I hate it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wear a straw hat to protect your ears from the sun it will still allow air to circulate so your head won't overheat. . I guess your car's don't come equipped with air conditioning there in Scottland huh?
Here in the US It's pretty much standard equipment. a reply to: Scotscorps84

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Wear a straw hat to protect your ears from the sun it will still allow air to circulate so your head won't overheat. . I guess your car's don't come equipped with air conditioning there in Scottland huh?
Here in the US It's pretty much standard equipment. a reply to: Scotscorps84

lol we do. my car happens to be 14 years old though so i have an air blower. Not to mention it is black so it sits absorbing heat all day. It's annoying but Im sure I can deal with it until the cooler months arrive. Next summer I can get back into the swing of things. I've tried to still enjoy the things I do in the summer like dog walking but It's made me very self conscious.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Summers are awsome if your not stuck working
edit on 12-7-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When I was a kid I loved summer. Now I hate it. I'm a winter person. For some reason the summer heat makes my autoimmune depression kick in. And I'd rather deal with snow storms than 90 degree heatwaves.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I love summer and wish I had it all year round...

Swimming, walking, outdoors, BBQs, walking bare feet, gardening, beaches, tanning, beautiful women that aren't dressed like they live in Alaska : ) , long days of sunlight, for me, summer is abundant with life.

I do hate winter though. With a passion.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hers a good link with tips on how to cool down if you don't have air conditioning
Link

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't think it's 'normal' - but I'm with you!

I live, thank god, in the northern US. We get 4 months of heat, maybe 2... The ONLY thing I like about summer is that the roads are clear of ice and snow. That's it.

I can always get warm with an extra blanket, layering clothes, etc. Cooling off, as you say, is more difficult - and costly with air conditioners.

Also, I'm a pale-skinned, red-head that fries in the sun in 3 minutes. I don't care if my sunscreen's SPF is 5000, I'll burn.

No thanks! Bring on the negative temps.

Oh yeah, and all the bugs go away in winter - added bonus.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

Yes it is normal.

I live in Florida and I HATE IT! I can't stand summer here. It's not so much the heat but the humidity. It sucks so bad. I walk my dog at around 10am and I already want to shower again because I feel gross from the humidity. The pool isn't refreshing because there is no shade and the water is warm. I am not a beach person because well it's too damn hot and the sand, it gets EVERYWHERE!! Plus hauling all the necessities to go to the beach just sucks.

I would love winter or fall year round. I am not a fan of spring or summer because here they are pretty much the same thing!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While can't say I hate summer, but can understand the aspects that can cause for that. Draw backs such as child and animal deaths because of the heat in cars, sunburns if not careful. Also, bugs wasps, flies, fleas, mosquito! People everywhere! Suffering from anxiety it makes me wish for rainy days. Not even to mention the sunburns from fair skin.

Being a born and raised but now ex Floridian, summer all years long, am still more favorable over it. Swimming is one of my favs of the time. Sixty degrees was winter?! I had secretly wished for real seasons but later confirmed upon moving to the north that the fall isn't too bad. End of summer/fall is my favorite. Winter not so much, in the Inland NW it's winter/winter-spring cold and rainy more than warm weather for more of the year than summer. Winter is nice for a while, then when it seemingly never ends, it can be depressing.

originally posted by: caladonea

I live in the Northwest (Seattle); and if the temp gets above 75; I get very uncomfortable; it is just my natural DNA. This week here it is going to be in the 90"s...and I am not looking forward to that at all!

I like the beauty of summer; but not the high temps; I do better in the fall, winter and spring. I am very fair skinned; I don't tan...just burn and peel. During the summer I will run across many people who cannot seem to understand why I don't just love, love, love the very hot weather; and they think its awful that I don't tan...and I tell them...look I was born with fair skin...deal with it!

So...yeah...I am not a fan of really hot weather.

Had my share of that even from fair skinned people(but not Redheads like me lol) living in the South, remarking "Get a tan!" Funny thing now in the more sunny Inland NW if not careful just going out in general tans me-should I say slightly beiges me because it's not a real tan compared to others haha- more in the summer than the South did. I'd suspect higher elevation being closer to the sun in that. That the more direct sun it seems because of less overcast it's going to be near 100 degrees today and the next few days.
edit on 12-7-2014 by dreamingawake because: more...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don't much like summer........
OR I should say I detest humidity...and anything over 82F.
I despise nights warmer than 66F.

I HATE HUMIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am not a fan of most bugs.....although bees, butterflies, fireflies and a few others are AWESOME!

I like spring, fall and most of winter....sans ice.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I find that by the end of winter... I'm ready for summer.

Then at the end of summer, oh man am I grateful for autumn. The kids go back to school! Actually this next year all four of my children are in school! *Dances happy jig*

I prefer cooler more ambient temperatures in the summer, which makes Michigan a good fit for me. Sure we have those weeks that limb up into hotter temps - but you just have to wait a week and it will cool right back down. It is the winters that can be brutal. We can have long cold winters with little snow fall, and then the warmer winters that dumps heaps of snow on us. Either way, it's always a long winter.

~ Cirque

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

American South West here... average daytime shade temp is 105 with some weeks breaking 110 every single day. And then the afternoon rains come and instead of cooling off, it becomes a steam bath and god help those with no AC... like me... I have 'evaporative' cooling.

So, in short, no... you are not the only one. Give me jacket weather any day.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I can totally relate to what you're saying. In the winter, if I get cold, I just can put more layers on. In the summer, there's only so much I can take off. I hate central air, gives me headaches and sinus problems. I like fresh air. I HATE the heat and humidity. I get horrid migraines, feel like I'm gonna hurl, and it makes me crabby after a few days. I cannot spend more than a few minutes in the sun before I start turning red as a lobster. Then I get very sick. I always look forward to fall and the cooler temperatures.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Yes, I know what you mean; I've always tended to be a winter person.

I don't know what's happening to England lately, it's turning into the tropics.

Even the Africans at work are complaining of the heat.

My favourite weather is cloudy, windy, 'moody', with a hint of rain, but not that cold (7 to 10 Celsius).

Doing the Hadrian's Wall walk in those conditions is the nearest thing to heaven.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love the parts of summer that are comfortable, but once the heat and humidity comes, it is stifling and like torture! Good time to stay inside with the air conditioner or out to a movie or dinner. If I'm outside in that crap, I need the ocean or a pool nearby.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yes! To the sleepless nights, the dripping sweat, the useless showers, hair always soaked, always feeling "dirty" from the sweat, the noisy neighbours. Noise is fine but not the constant visiting at all hours of the night into early morning hours and never a thought to those who are trying to sleep. Worst: the backyard fire pits that cause allergies and inability to get that desperately sought after cool and refreshing breeze at night. I don't hate summer but I hate what comes with it.

Sleepless nights and then not getting anything done next day due to irritability and sleeplessness and yet you are so mentally tired you can't think straight. Been playing musical beds here and just can't win. Thinking of sleeping on cot in mosquito tent - so tempting.

I absolutely love the increased light, the longer days.

And I hate the instant darkness that comes with cooler seasons.

Tip: get an ice shaver. It is such a help when feeling like you are smothering from the heat and can't think straight. It's my lifesaver.

My sympathies on your suffering.

edit on 12/7/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I love me some summer....cannot stand winter...ice, snow to shovel, road salt, cold piercing winds....no thanks

Yeah I mean the humidity gets a bit old but I don't mind it...I love heat

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It seems most peoples problems with heat is the humidity. Summer heat and humidity do not go hand in hand every where. I love the heat, humidity I could not tolerate.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I hate spring and summer. I love overcast days. When it's gray outside and you can't see the sun it's a perfect day. I prefer cold and dark. I actually prefer nighttime over daytime. I also view day people and night people differently. I find day people to be slow and horrible drivers. Guess that's why I own a bar that opens at 8pm and closes at 6am.

I can't wait for October to get here, the smell of fall, the cold air and the long nights.

I too have horrible spring allergies. My entire life, knowing that spring is coming means torture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join