It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A closer look at the IMAX Bigfoot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nola213

I urge you to see my above post. Most of your questions are answered.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Watch it in the second video posted much better quality, I am leaning to the camera man angle after that. You can see the gap between body and arm and thinness of the arm as well as what looks to be a field-pack with a different color to it. But still defiantly on 2 feet.
edit on 13-7-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I believe I see the pack as well. I could imagine he would be running.. either to get a better shot, or more likely, to get the hell out of the way. Either way, there is way too little evidence to state it's a bigfoot. Guy is really reaching.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Not got time to read the thread but my first thought was that it was a head and torso mounted on a trolley designed to scare the herd and make them run for the film.

1. it makes sense and 2. it would explain the lack of arm movement of the BF as it runs, as we know most creatures move the arms while running, this one just has them stuck in the same place.

So I'm going for a scary predator dummy on a trolley being pulled in a ditch just to scare the herd and give great IMAX footage.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The footage I watched doesn't have enough resolution to make any determination as to what the black colored object is.

Most likely a film crew member wearing some type of camouflage suit, so he is able to perform his job. Could very well be on an ATV or even motorized Camera Dolly on a temporary track.

edit on 7/14/14 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Does anybody own a bluray of this? I heard when you upload anything to youtube it always lowers the quality...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

retracted...

edit on 14-7-2014 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It may have been a bear baby bears hang on their mothers back as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sure Bigfoot exists.

Anybody who wears size 13+ is a big foot in my opinion.

Wild humanoids running around to mysteriously pop out in front of cameras? Not happening.

Logistical numbers alone prove for a fact that Bigfoot does not and can not exist in numbers to be seen all over the world in different locations. Just not possible.

But I do have a Bigfoot special going on a few ocean front properties in Nebraska if anyone is interested.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is either a Caribou, Camera team member flushing the Caribou for the camera's, or BF.

Since the imagery is blurry/blobbish and does not clearly show which it is...I would think it logical to assume the most plausible explanation before jumping to the least plausible? I mean, could we not also include an alien wearing a gorilla suit? Without actual photographic resolution of any real use, should we not assume the most probably conclusions first?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There is the original "high definition" added to the post you know. Also, I included a complete Q&A regarding Imax's policies a page back. No person is allowed near the caribou or remain completely still.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I have to ask; what does IMAX say about this footage? Is there any official statementIt looks for all the world like a guy ducking down, maybe filming from another angle.

If they captured actual bigfoot footage, wouldn't they be selling tickets? Did they?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience
The Imax crew said themselves that this was someone from the staff. Why people outright deny that statement is beyond me when they are clearly the ones in the know.

I definitely, without a doubt, believe in the existence of a large primate in NA and Asia, but this is not footage of one.

Ah, should have read all the posts before replying! I thought as much. Figured they'd be marketing the real deal if they had it.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Clairaudience
The Imax crew said themselves that this was someone from the staff. Why people outright deny that statement is beyond me when they are clearly the ones in the know.

I definitely, without a doubt, believe in the existence of a large primate in NA and Asia, but this is not footage of one.

Ah, should have read all the posts before replying! I thought as much. Figured they'd be marketing the real deal if they had it.

Wrong! wrong wrong wrong. Read more because that poster based his comment on nothing. I do my due diligence in my threads. You can count on that.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Short answer. YES. I posted the responses from an actual interview regarding IMAX protocol.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Do you have a link to an actual IMAX comment regarding the video?

I am all for good videos of the things, believe me, but I have a hard time believing they would have one and not made major press releases about it, and sold tickets. Plus, it really does look like a crew guy to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

There's not a direct interview with IMAX that I know of but this link covers all the major questions from IMAX's point of view regarding standards and procedures. The fact is, no one noticed until 10 years after it was first released.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

There's not a direct interview with IMAX that I know of but this link covers all the major questions from IMAX's point of view regarding standards and procedures. The fact is, no one noticed until 10 years after it was first released.

From your link -

Has Dignard (the Director) been Contacted about this Yet? The short answer: No, not yet, as far as we know.

So, it doesn't look as though anyone is trying very hard to see what IMAX has to say. That says a lot right there.

These days, any dark image in a video is assumed by many to be Bigfoot. There are some really good videos out there, but the assumptions are, IMO, out of control.

I still think that looks like a crew member, ducking to avoid spooking the animals they are filming. It's interesting, but unless and until the IMAX crew officially states that was NOT one of their people, I am going to assume it is.

Interesting footage, in any case, and I hadn't heard about this one before.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I still think that looks like a crew member, ducking to avoid spooking the animals they are filming.

I'm not going to tell you what to think or see, but did you read any of that link? What do you suppose getting a permit to film wildlife in Canada is like? What about liability? WCB? You can't put your employees in danger by plopping them in the middle of Caribou stampede. That scene was shot from a helicopter on the other side of a body of water. Besides, the scale was already pointed out in the video. That would be an 8' crew member.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I still think that looks like a crew member, ducking to avoid spooking the animals they are filming.

I'm not going to tell you what to think or see, but did you read any of that link? What do you suppose getting a permit to film wildlife in Canada is like? What about liability? WCB? You can't put your employees in danger by plopping them in the middle of Caribou stampede. That scene was shot from a helicopter on the other side of a body of water. Besides, the scale was already pointed out in the video. That would be an 8' crew member.

Yes, I did, and I quoted a portion of it as well. Having a permit doesn't mean animals won't go a direction that wasn't expected. From decades of watching wildlife programs, I can guarantee animals do just that. Plus, it's also been suggested that the shape was another of the herd, or the shadow of one, which is also possible. I'd still love to hear what IMAX has to say, which seems to be nowhere online. I even checked their site, and found no mention. They would KNOW if that was a crew member or not. If it was, case closed. If not, then it was either some animal in the herd, or something else. The idea of a Bigfoot stalking the herd is pretty cool, but the footage doesn't seem clear enough to make any certain determination. Some serious enhancement would seem necessary to be sure what shape the form actually has.

As for the size, same thing. From watching the video, I didn't see any serious calculations that prove eight feet, though if they are around, that would be something. I know such things can be done such as what was done with one of those big black cat videos. Guy proved one was much larger than a house cat! If they did that with this one, I missed that. Interesting, either way, and far from disproven. I think it's likely a crew member of another caribu, but I won't rule anything out completely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join