It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palistine is the Problem Not Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What would you do? If you 'neighbor' bulldozed your neighborhood, built houses and moved in. Sounds illegal and immoral to me. What if it happened over and over again - to everyone you knew? What if you 'neighbor' bombed your hospitals and schools, cut off your electricity and water?

Would you fight back? Or just acquiese? When you neighbor openly calls for your death and the death of all your children.

Would you call those that fight back terrorists or freedom fighters?

The whole bloody middle east 'problem' is the result of Western imperalism. It's time for the West to let the Middle East determine their own future, whatever it may be.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Say whatever you want. The bottom line is, Israel is committing genocide. There is no way to refute that fact. You can say "oh Hamas this" or "Hamas that". It doesn't matter. When you pen in a population.. steal land that did not belong to you, make every effort to deprive them of life.. then.. you have genocide.

But.. we're not allowed to say that. You can't speak against Israel, unless you want to be labeled a "Muslim lover" or "anti-Semite".

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. This is what they have always done, and they thumb their nose at the rest of the world. More Palestinians will be killed.. more land will be stolen. And Israel won't stop until they are all gone. They won't stop until someone stands against them. We know that won't be the United States. We know that won't be any Arab nation in the Middle East. Not because they don't want to.. but because they know that if they do.. they will have to face the wrath of the US Military.

So.. here we are. A tiny little rogue state wiping out a population of people. And the people of the world are so brainwashed that they think its perfectly okay. In fact.. they believe it is the right thing to do.

The world sickens me.

*EDIT TO ADD*

Now that this is festering in me.. and I'm getting more and more pissed off by the minute.. I would like some proof. To all of you saying "Hamas hides behind women and children"... where is your proof? I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Israel is bombing the crap out of Gaza.. killing men, women and children. That is not in dispute. Over 100 civilians have died. Now YOU show me how Israel knew without ANY doubt that Hamas was located at that target site. Show me 100% proof that there were missile sites at these locations. Show me how you can GUARANTEE that these targets are anything but civilian. Because I've YET to see any. All I see is people regurgitating the same old tired nonsense. "Israel is justified because Hamas was there.. and its all Hamas fault that civilians are dying". And when THAT backfires on you.. its "Oh well the IDF warned them.. they should have left.". Would Hamas be justified in its rocket attacks now that Israel has bombed them? Don't THEY have a right to fight back? If they dropped a bunch of leaflets warning the Israeli's.. would their rocket attacks be justified?

edit on 13-7-2014 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The problem is not Palestine or Israel, the problem is religion and ideology, and we will never EVER get rid of it. Well maybe if god came down from heaven to tell us "Cut the crap guys", but that ain't happening EVER either.

Palestine attacks Israel, doesn't kill a citizen. Israel shouldn't have attacked back...right? I don't think so. Can you imagine Russia shooting missiles into America, but not killing actual citizens? What would your response be? I say Russia because it's more an antagonist than Mexico or Canada.

Sorry but if you shoot me,you're gonna get shot as well. Sadly, Hamas got what it wanted. Israel shot back and they're basically SACRIFICING the palestine people to make Israel loo like the bad guys...for propaganda...

Both sides deserve a nuke to the heart, they're both terminal with the disease of religion.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Western imperialism? So you're saying the middle east wouldn't be in a state of perpetual war if the USA was not there?
Read some history for your own brain and dignity's sake. The middle east has been at war for millenia, and the USA's presence there does not change a thing.

Imperialism is a fashion, you people like to blame everything on imperialism, as if it was the source of all of humanity's disgraces. What a lazy and dumb way to see the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Two kids on the playground, both throw punches and hit with sticks
both are equally as bad and to blame
punishment: weapons discarded, expelled and mandatory counseling
apply to the ME ASAP

edit on 13-7-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Lol i was just thinking the same 2 minutes ago.

2 kids fighting, equally wrong on their actions.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Under International law, Palestinians have the RIGHT to resist occupation and to defend themselves. Occupation forces do *not* have the right to claim self defense - under international law.

The U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.5 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians and is therefore directly complicit in the murder, rape and detainment of minors being carried out by the IDF.

In contempt for humanity, and international law, 121 UN resolutions including these (linked) calling for Israel to halt have been passed to deaf ears.

Israel currently has 262 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on "Israeli" land.

More IDF soldiers have committed suicide than have died in conflict with Hamas. ( 37-9)

Still not one shred of evidence exists to support the claim Hamas murdered the three Israeli men. Hamas themselves have denied it, where they have always admitted kidnap events in the past.

It is election time, and despite all other provocations or lack of, that's why the IDF are in Gaza again.

More than 900 people have been injured in the latest round of attacks on Gaza since July 8. Most of the victims have been women and children, these deaths have included those who resided in disability care housing (3 women) and geriatric facilities ( 2 men and one woman) and two field hospitals treating civilians.

This is NOT just two kids in a playground..or a war...by toll of death and the nature of those deaths being predominantly civilian, this is brutal, violent, occupation and ongoing genocide being led by a fanatical culturally racist and heavily armed USA backed military machine vs Palestinian Civilians.

This is a terminal cancer, one being ignored, downplayed and denied by a numbed up dumbed down media manipulated audience of curious onlookers who still think they aren't being affected or they have no power and no voice.

Israel has lost already. As much if not more than Palestine ever has or will. I just hope they and the USA figure that out, and how and why, sooner rather than later, for all our sakes.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Honestly I wish any kind of topic regarding to Israel - Palestine situation would be banned.

It's so convoluted now nobodies truly knows what is going on as both sides are compulsive liars - don't give a rats ass who your news source is. The only people who truly know what is going on are those that live there; and those who give a media interview about it are most likely simply propaganda picked interviewees.

This whole subject is simply shrouded by people who think they know the history better than the last person who commented...

Palestinian supporters here, simply know little of what they talk about.let just want to "stand against the machine and not conform" and believe the typical Hamas laughable propaganda.

Israeli supporters here do so simply because they think it's what good, democratic believing, God fearing people do.

Go there...live there...then make your mind up....but if you come back and speak of it...I will simply likely believe your just a propaganda machine for whatever side you pick.

And for the record.... I have never been to Israel (yet) but am a Jewish convert. If you think for one moment you know where I stand on this conflict, you simply don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile
Honestly I wish any kind of topic regarding to Israel - Palestine situation would be banned.

Yes...that way...you'd never have to bear the horrible ugly truth that these are just people, just like you and me, dying for no good reason, most dying without having lifted a finger of harm against Israel or anyone.
So yes..go on..call for a ban...so you and all who wish this to go away can be comfortable in your ignorance. Like the German people circa 1939 who sang louder to avoid the screams from Auschwitz , you still know...and no amount of denial can remove that knowing when you look in the mirror and realize your responsible too.
Just like the rest of us.
A hard truth to see..
"Another potential Hamas Terrorist killed 11 July 2014"

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Palestine knows Israel has a great advantage over them but their pride will not let them see clearly.

They are nothing more than a pawn for the other Arab countries to use against Israel. When Egypt controlled the area they cut it off and only refugees could go in with no one allowed to come out. Egypt handed Israel a cesspool of humanity and said "have fun with that" Jordan and Egypt could easily of have integrated all of them with little effort into their own countries, but they didn't since it is a much better plan to just gear them up as a expendable tool against Israel.

It is also a nice place to breed extremist, so what honest Arab county would not want that....

I don't see this going away like in the past, I think this time Israel is going to go all the way once and for all. A lot of innocent people will died, but you all need to understand there are a lot of players at fault here. No one wants to put any blame on those that stand behind the curtains pulling the strings...
edit on 13-7-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
Say whatever you want. The bottom line is, Israel is committing genocide. There is no way to refute that fact. You can say "oh Hamas this" or "Hamas that". It doesn't matter. When you pen in a population.. steal land that did not belong to you, make every effort to deprive them of life.. then.. you have genocide.

So a group that tries to kill Israeli civilians doesn't matter?
The Palestinian population growth rate is about 2x that of Jewish people in Israel - Israeli really sucks at genocide...

Every effort to deprive them of life? You mean by sending in a couple hundred semi-trucks full of supplies, food, etc from Israel into Gaza EVERY DAY?

I'll say it loud since everyone wants to deny it - IF ISRAEL WANTED TO COMMIT GENOCIDE, EVERY LAST PALESTINIAN WOULD BE DEAD! They have the capability to do it pretty quick if they wanted to.

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. This is what they have always done, and they thumb their nose at the rest of the world.

And rightly so, unless they are under constant missile attack by terrorists, they have no business telling Israel what to do.

So.. here we are. A tiny little rogue state wiping out a population of people. And the people of the world are so brainwashed that they think its perfectly okay. In fact.. they believe it is the right thing to do.

They are not even close to being wiped out - see above...

The world sickens me.

Me too, it's a pretty messed up place.

*EDIT TO ADD*

Now that this is festering in me.. and I'm getting more and more pissed off by the minute.. I would like some proof. To all of you saying "Hamas hides behind women and children"... where is your proof? I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that Israel is bombing the crap out of Gaza.. killing men, women and children. That is not in dispute. Over 100 civilians have died. Now YOU show me how Israel knew without ANY doubt that Hamas was located at that target site. Show me 100% proof that there were missile sites at these locations. Show me how you can GUARANTEE that these targets are anything but civilian.

Because I've YET to see any.

You obviously don't care to look it up, but that's ok, I'll do the research for you.
LINK
And many more, let me Google that for you

All I see is people regurgitating the same old tired nonsense.

And all I see is people regurgitating the same old anti-Israel nonsense and lies.

"Israel is justified because Hamas was there.. and its all Hamas fault that civilians are dying". And when THAT backfires on you.. its "Oh well the IDF warned them.. they should have left.". Would Hamas be justified in its rocket attacks now that Israel has bombed them? Don't THEY have a right to fight back? If they dropped a bunch of leaflets warning the Israeli's.. would their rocket attacks be justified?

Sure, Hamas can defend itself - Attack Israeli military targets, attack the wall, but when you go after civilians you are a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile

It's so convoluted now nobodies truly knows what is going on as both sides are compulsive liars - don't give a rats ass who your news source is. The only people who truly know what is going on are those that live there; and those who give a media interview about it are most likely simply propaganda picked interviewees.

This whole subject is simply shrouded by people who think they know the history better than the last person who commented...

Palestinian supporters here, simply know little of what they talk about.let just want to "stand against the machine and not conform" and believe the typical Hamas laughable propaganda.

Israeli supporters here do so simply because they think it's what good, democratic believing, God fearing people do.

Not all of us can be categorized like that. I don't support all of Israel's actions, but when it comes to dealing with Hamas, I most certainly do.

Go there...live there...then make your mind up....but if you come back and speak of it...I will simply likely believe your just a propaganda machine for whatever side you pick.

And for the record.... I have never been to Israel (yet) but am a Jewish convert. If you think for one moment you know where I stand on this conflict, you simply don't.

I have gone to live there - been here for 4+ years now. Not Jewish either, just working long term. I've been dealing with missiles since the first week I arrived in Israel. I'm no propaganda machine, just sick of people spreading outright lies. MY LIFE is on the line and way too many people think it's ok for terrorists to launch missiles at civilians...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe
I have gone to live there - been here for 4+ years now. Not Jewish either, just working long term. I've been dealing with missiles since the first week I arrived in Israel. I'm no propaganda machine, just sick of people spreading outright lies. MY LIFE is on the line and way too many people think it's ok for terrorists to launch missiles at civilians...

You seem to be missing the point that this is occupied land. You chose to go and to validate the existence of the occupiers by working with them you become to those resisting occupation, a collaborator. You can't cry foul after the fact or because you were ignorant of that fact. Would you have gone to work in Nazi controlled Germany too? No? Why not? How is this situation any different? Seriously..tell me - how?

You seem to be falling into the same media induced Orwellian trap as most too : People under occupation defending what is left of their homes and homeland = terrorist. Occupying force = 'good guys'. Yet you must have seen on this page how the TPTB et al is using that word, drenching media with it to marginalize and demonize people they dont like, aka to manipulate you into hating those they want you to hate...so what happened to deny ignorance starts at home?

YES having bombs dropped on your head is terrifying - tell that to Palestinian kids! Israel at least has shelters, where do Palestinian kids run to when phosphorous is being dropped onto their playgrounds? And dont say that's just hyperbole, its fact and its been documented by UN offices on the ground! These kids live day and night with IDF troops jets tanks and helicopters...no shelters to run to, no where to run to. You are where you are by choice, if you dont want to be there then leave.

All other arguments aside completely, it remains that instead of working with or respecting the existing populace and their rights as human beings and land owners, Israel chose instead to displace it by force. Further, they chose to make house in a wasp nest and expected the wasps not to bite them for the violation. Don't like it ? Move!

Israel's own choices and its lack of willingness to take responsibility for those choices are as much to blame as any other factor here and when even trying to demonstrate that to them in friendship is considered a hate crime..its beyond ridiculous, it's self harming borderline and suicidal behavior and its being enabled by even sicker individuals eagerly reaping a fortune at other peoples expense.
People supporting Israel right now are not Israels friends.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
Palestine knows Israel has a great advantage over them but their pride will not let them see clearly.

They are nothing more than a pawn for the other Arab countries to use against Israel. When Egypt controlled the area they cut it off and only refugees could go in with no one allowed to come out. Egypt handed Israel a cesspool of humanity and said "have fun with that" Jordan and Egypt could easily of have integrated all of them with little effort into their own countries, but they didn't since it is a much better plan to just gear them up as a expendable tool against Israel.

That is quite a fanciful little scenario you have been fed there. It neglects to mention that a good majority of the Palestinian population remained in country, dispersed into the countryside or to the borders, even after the attempted diaspora and of those who did leave aka those "Palestinian refugees' , these were the ones who returned home after displacement and they arrived under a UN banner not Egyptian. Those in cities who survived the bombings and were not rounded up and put into prison camps, died. But lets not let facts get in the way of a good myth shall we.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe

Every effort to deprive them of life? You mean by sending in a couple hundred semi-trucks full of supplies, food, etc from Israel into Gaza EVERY DAY? I'll say it loud since everyone wants to deny it - IF ISRAEL WANTED TO COMMIT GENOCIDE, EVERY LAST PALESTINIAN WOULD BE DEAD! They have the capability to do it pretty quick if they wanted to. And all I see is people regurgitating the same old anti-Israel nonsense and lies.

You really dont seem to see how Orwellian your statement about food and supplies is. Please take a moment to consider that the Palestinians, if they had not been herded into two tiny strips of land in order that Israel could more easily control them and were permitted freedom of movement and economy,wouldn't need such 'benevolence' from Israel in the first place. Horse before cart just maybe?

Everything ends...even this...Palestine was an independent, interconnected and thriving pre-industrial country before zionism with an amazing heart and spirit...and hopefully after zionism it will be again for all of the people living there. May the people of Palestine be kinder to you at your end, than you were at theirs.

The Talbieh quarter in West Jerusalem, early 1940s before it was captured by Zionist forces in 1948. by Kai Bird - The New York Times - 1 May 2010

More images of life in early Palestinian cities and what was lost in 1948 Israel now denies even existed, in an enlightening video here:LINK

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Both sides are merely puppets on the world stage. Divide and conquer. a reply to: Jesuslives4u

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Agreed!!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
deleted
edit on 13-7-2014 by stormson because: deleted

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hey there were no such thing as native americas until america was built, we brought christianity and democracy to those savages, we had every right to shoot them with our high powered rifles, they lobbed arrows at us!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Hey there were no such thing as native americas until america was built, we brought christianity and democracy to those savages, we had every right to shoot them with our high powered rifles, they lobbed arrows at us!

This mindset is exactly why the world is the way it is and why Israeli actions in occupied Palestine will continue unabated. 3 cheers for the unevolved! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!

That said, I'm going on the notion that tongue was firmly in cheek while making that statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join