It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palistine is the Problem Not Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Hey, I totally understand.

You have to prioritise family, that's not something you need to justify

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Do you know how Palestine looked in 1948?

Maybe they should have been giving them all the $$ they give Israel today and the country would have been as nice.

Maybe the UN promised to give the land to to many different people!

Britain governed this area under a League of Nations mandate from 1920 to 1948. To the Arab population who lived there, it was their homeland and had been promised to them by the Allies for help in defeating the Turks by the McMahon Agreement - though the British claimed the agreement gave no such promise.

The same area of land had also been promised to the Jews (as they had interpreted it) in the Balfour Declaration and after 1920, many Jews migrated to the area and lived with the far more numerous Arabs there.

n August 1929, relations between the Jews and Arabs in Palestine broke down. The focal point of this discontent was Jerusalem.

The primary cause of trouble was the increased influx of Jews who had emigrated to Palestine. The number of Jews in the region had doubled in ten years

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...
edit on 12-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

only fair that we show that some Jews fight for the freedom of the Palestinian people

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: [post=18137885]Char-Lee

only fair that we show that some Jews fight for the freedom of the Palestinian people

So true and they are brave people heros in my book.

Wasn’t Palestine a wasteland before the Jews started immigrating there?

“Britain’s high commissioner for Palestine, John Chancellor, recommended total suspension of Jewish immigration and land purchase to protect Arab agriculture. He said ‘all cultivable land was occupied; that no cultivable land now in possession of the indigenous population could be sold to Jews without creating a class of landless Arab cultivators’...The Colonial Office rejected the recommendation.” John Quigley, “Palestine and Israel: A Challenge to Justice.”

www.ifamericansknew.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I would really like to think of a solution that would clear defenses. In therapy you use motivational interviewing often. I think this has been done. You can ask someone a no defensive question such as "where do you hope to be in 10 years". The answer, "at peace." Then you ask them how they got to that point (project self into the future), and they see it wasn't the way in which they are doing things now. Yet they continue to approach the issue in an unhelpful way. Cognitive fixations require uncomfortable effort. They are difficult to overcome. Much like water moves along a path of erosion. It takes long term effort to get that water to go in another direction.

The Pope is trying to work with them. Who knows what that will do. They share the Temple Mount area. I don't know why they can't share their living space and live like us Americans. A good mix of religions and nationalities.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Jews in Israel get it ......why don't you ?

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We need this conflict to sputter onwards toward the great Christian/Islamic War.....prophecied by Gen.Pike.
There is NO other outcome that WILL BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.....
This is the way of it...get used to the fact.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
I think any country that goes into melt down because three kids were killed is the problem. It's childish. There is no hope for a country to get into the 21st century when their ideology is "an eye for an eye"

This could happen anywhere. In the US change that for color, black person kills some white kids, white person burns alive a black kid...what happened?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Hi. My feelings are, the religion itself is extraordinarily racist. Read the Babylonian Talmud once. Then ask any who are a part of that religion how they feel about Palestine and the people there. Asking hard questions left me with uneasy answers, and the impression that genocide is clearly the goal. Look for words implying others are sub human, or different in the unworthy connotation.

For a people less than 3 generations ago, who were allegedly genocided themselves... their actions I must admit, make me question the validity of that claim. It would be like putting your hand in a fire, getting burnt, then placing your other hand into the same fire, knowing the results beforehand.

They do not belong there. The problem is Israel. Even the people I suspect are members of our intelligence community posting here, are trying to tell you that.

Rome obliterated Israel in 70 ad. They were conquered, and kicked out. That is just the way it is. Does Greece today have claim to all the lands Alexander the Great received from his conquests? No. And that is far more historically probable and accurate, than a book of fiction telling me one race of people is God's chosen. Not many have the audacity to claim that. It is called chutzpah for a reason.

Israel's free pass without questioning is over. They need to assimilate into our world. They need to learn to coexist. If they are unwilling, that is their problem.

Hi,

You know your history - very good.

When I say you are right and you are - I don't want anyone to think I have changed my mind. Both sides including Israel are wrong. Israel is in no way innocent. But on THIS current issue who started it this time? Was it the three dead Israeli teenagers that were murdered? I think so.

BTW: I actually do have a copy of the Babylonian Talmud (on my shelf for years) but have not completely read through it.
I will do so very soon.

I can easily show as many faults with Israel as I can with Palestine. How many times must a man be beaten before he stands up to stop it - same with any nation.

I had to start this thread because it has been bothering me for some time especially lately - Every time I turn on the news I see small dead children and displaced people due to local fighting. I am past tears and being frustrated with this. If it isn't Israel and the Palestine then it is Syria, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or Congo... just to name a few because we all know there are more.

It is my belief that the world is currently in a very unique position because today's technology and war machine can not becompared to anything we had in the past and this will not continue on a worldwide scale without someone or something snapping. Now that ISS allegedly has chemical weapons from Iraq it will not be long before they are in the hands of Palestine and when Hamas uses these weapons it will start WWIII and then it will move into your back yard.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

No, the problem is in expecting that people so bitterly polarized through culture, religion and ideologies can ever can coexist peacefully in such a confined space, with limited resources, land and such a long history of violence against each other.

Zionism and Islamic extremism are both mutually evil toward each other...

Israel has the military power in its favor and the only thing that keeps them from annihilating their enemies is the global community, especially their few allies... Without them, they would have been defeated and driven out long ago.

Maybe people can expect these sides to put down their weapons at some point and work on another series of useless agreements that one side or the other will fail to adhere to, but they can never expect them to end their hatred for each other... At some point there will be no stopping the violence and ultimately it will lead to a broader regional conflict that will determine the fate of Israel and the region.

All diplomacy ever accomplishes is to delay the inevitable...

imo

edit on 12-7-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I would normally agree with the OP, but the present aggression was instigated by Israel and unjustified.

3 Israeli teenagers were found murdered and the Israeli govt blamed Hamas.

Even if they were right, launching a military attack was an absurd overreaction.

Things will never be settled in that area until people start behaving like rational human beings.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: hidn60

This issue stems from the Israel Government taking a pro-active approach to limiting the effective ability for the Palestinians to create a functioning country. They effectively have been able to control all trade in and out of the country and keep them from being able to improve their quality of life.

This has lead the people of Palestine to continue to develop deep seeded hate of the Israeli's.

From Israel's perspective they have always been a threat to their people and have done what was needed to protect their people from immediate threats and future threats.

The issue is not Israel or Palestine, it's the hate that these two peoples have for each other and continue to nurture.

Neither side is right or wrong, that's a bad way of approaching the issue.

Hi,

I disagree. I believe both sides are wrong. Since when is OK to kill innocent people or to be treated like a wild animal.

Then why the title!

Palistine is the Problem Not Israel

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hi. My point was this wouldn't even be discussed, of they were not their to begin with. You condone attempted genocide? You think their war of aggression, unlawful under international law I might add, is not being conducted outside of Israel? Who are they drone murdering too?

Have you read the Rome Statute for International Criminal Court? Why won't Israel sign it?

Your argument for them to be there to begin with, is rooted in a fairy tale called the old testament. A fictional story of Jewish origins, no more credible than planet worship.

Those old religions truly are barbaric. Look how women were treated, for simple biological functions? I would have convicted Moses himself for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It is well known that Israel has been using chemical weapons on Palestinians for ages ...
www.kabobfest.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

I had to sop reading books on the subject because it was making me physically ill. Some of the real light stuff are reports of Israel pumping raw sewage into Palestinians drinking supplies etc.

lol, ISS will never threaten Israel because ISS is paid by Israel to destroy muslum countries. ISS might attack the vatican though, payback against the roman christians always a possibility.

edit on 12 7 2014 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Therefore, stop picking sides is what I say and focus energy into a solution. If two people are fighting and each has a bunch of people cheering them on does this perpetuate more fighting? Yes.

Not possible because the world has seen fit to give money and military equipment by the ton to one side. it has been done and is going to continue so that there is an unbalance.

There have been no Israeli refugee camps that I know of. People only freedom fight with methods like suicide as a last resort.

We have David and Goliath only no one allowed david even a slingshot and rock and yet they outfitted Goliath with golden armor.

In May 2012, President Obama directed US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to allocate an additional $70 million to pay for more Iron Dome batteries and interceptor missiles in Israel. Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak had come to the States during the month to seek further resource allocation and thanked the administration for helping upkeep a system which has proven successful in saving lives and preventing an escalation in violence. The United States has now paid nearly $300 million for the Iron Dome system.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

All of the US taxpayers have taken sides against their will!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Must are children die to make a point?

I guess someone should have asked this before the USA bombed Japan and wiped two cities from the face of the earth..what is a terrorist and how do you create a "war' against terrorism so that you can label who you will?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
a reply to: buster2010

Hi again

You make a valid point but let me ask you a question. If the rocket firing from within Palestine stopped do you believe Israel would also stop firing back?

No they wouldn't. Israel's Mossad has been caught firing rockets into Israel from Gaza so Israel would have a reason to attack. There has been times when Hamas has honored their agreement and the firing stopped But Israel wants constant war. They will not stop until Palestine is just a memory and these are the people that cry Iran wants to wipe us off the map. So it's bad if it were to happen to Israel but its ok when it happens to another nation.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: demus
Zionism and Islamic extremism are both mutually evil toward each other...

Imo Zionists, or whatever our Jewish overlords called themselves at the time, created Islam. Its the best example of divide and conquer the world has ever seen.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Awsome could you send me your address, so i can buy the land beside your house, then slowly destroy your house and build some condos for family i have.

Thanks in advance

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You are wrong. Israel is a terrorist state and the palestinians are fighting back.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join