It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE- Do you get the 'head shift'/realignment thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
When you are in the early stages of tring to get out the body, do you get the sudden 'shift' feeling in your head, as if something has shifted. You can't put it into words exactly but it feels (or seems) somehow 'physical'?

edit on 12-7-2014 by taoistguy because: typo

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The only oob experience I ever had was many, many years ago. I have no idea how I left my body. I just realized that when I turned to go back to bed, I saw a body and that body was me!
It freaked me out so much, I automatically returned to my body. LOL I am sure plenty of others can help you though.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've had quite a few Obe's and often times I have that jet lag or inertia feelings when coming back. When leaving the body I have a spatial adjustment which is most likely natural since we are often conscious in the physical.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: taoistguy

I don't recall anything shifting during the early stages (I'm not even sure what early stage means), but I do recall a "snap" occurring the moment I left my body. I drifted up into my neighbor's apartment and looked around a bit. Unfortunately, I recall seeing rats with big teeth around me. That scared the crap out of me and I literally "snapped" back into my body. Afterwards, I wasn't necessarily scared to try it again, but it's been really difficult to regain that sense of complete quiet. I would love to do it again, but it's so hard to find the time/place to be at peace for several hours.

When I approached my neighbor about what her room looked like, she described it exactly as I had seen it - and I'd never been to her place before. For me, it was an exhilarating feeling to know that I could do it. Now, if I could just do it again.....

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
She confirmed the rats? Did you move out of that building?a reply to: jrflipjr

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I got the head shift thing at first ... like a vertigo attack

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I can almost OBE at will. When i first started practicing i used to get the head shift you seem to be describing. Have you ever had an OBE?

The reason I ask is because the head shift is actually your consciousness popping out of your body, however fear or too much excitement will suck you right back in. Stay calm in this situation and allow your consciousness to freely separate from your physical body. Enough practice and you will notice the quick head shift turns into a full OBE.

Lately I've been trying to OBE while awake. The head shift is the furthest I have made it so far. Apparently there are people that can OBE while awake at will. This is a very high level of spirituality to attain and takes lots of meditation to achieve.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I often get dream/wake states (or night terrors if you want to call it that) and I've had moments where it may have felt like I was out of body when growing up. I have been feeling a "drift" sensation these past few months, like the feeling of moving about a foot to the right, but I know for sure I didn't. I've had it happen when at work which was kind of awkward but I try to laugh it off. I don't know if it's related to how I sleep at nights (still have dream/wake hallucinations) or whatever. Very interesting though... I wasn't sure if this counted but thought I'd share.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

There are usually a lot of loud noises before I OBE, like a wind or rushing sound. Once those noises have stopped, that's when I know I've gotten out. It's an entirely concious effort though, I'm trying to get out of my body as soon as the winds and vibrations start. Never noticed any kind of shift though, everything feels pretty much the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Short answer: No.

Long answer: If you were not out of your body then its not an Out of Body Experience (OBE). What you may be experiencing could be along these lines, depending a lot on what you have been doing...

Wiki

If I am wrong, please ignore my post.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say shift, but I've experienced something I can only account as 'rubber banding'. I've had my consciousness in a room, I've looked back to see myself, as soon as I realize what's going on, it's like I snap back into my body and awake in startled state from the snapping back. When I do have an OBE like that, rarely do I ever find myself actually able to leave the room where my body is sleeping.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I can almost OBE at will. When i first started practicing i used to get the head shift you seem to be describing. Have you ever had an OBE?

The reason I ask is because the head shift is actually your consciousness popping out of your body, however fear or too much excitement will suck you right back in. Stay calm in this situation and allow your consciousness to freely separate from your physical body. Enough practice and you will notice the quick head shift turns into a full OBE.

Lately I've been trying to OBE while awake. The head shift is the furthest I have made it so far. Apparently there are people that can OBE while awake at will. This is a very high level of spirituality to attain and takes lots of meditation to achieve.

I notice the shift much fastr now than when i first started. i know back then i did get excitd an that stopped me going urthr, but now i don't feel i get excited, jut curious and excited. but i guess there must be a deep part of me that does get excited that i can't feel that must be holding me back.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

That shifting sensation is normal, and I find that it occurs right before you begin to feel the vibrating sensations.

As others have mentioned, there is also always a tearing or ripping sensation accompanied by lots of noise.

Sometimes the feeling of leaving the body can be nauseating.

As you mentioned, I too, have noticed that I can get to that shifting sensation faster than I used to.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I have astrally projected before, but now, I feel like I am blocked and can't actually get out of my body.

It's frustrating, especially when I know that I am super close.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say shift, but I've experienced something I can only account as 'rubber banding'. I've had my consciousness in a room, I've looked back to see myself, as soon as I realize what's going on, it's like I snap back into my body and awake in startled state from the snapping back. When I do have an OBE like that, rarely do I ever find myself actually able to leave the room where my body is sleeping.

By 'shift' I mean a feeling that I'm no longer lying straight on my back but it feels like i've suddenly movedinto lying atan angle pointing upwards,mainly feeling it physically in my head.

i've ha that 'rubberbaning' when i was about 13.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

That shifting sensation is normal, and I find that it occurs right before you begin to feel the vibrating sensations.

As others have mentioned, there is also always a tearing or ripping sensation accompanied by lots of noise.

Sometimes the feeling of leaving the body can be nauseating.

As you mentioned, I too, have noticed that I can get to that shifting sensation faster than I used to.

yes, previously the roaring and virations came after the shift.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have for a number of years tinkered with obe's, with some success, though not much. I've never noticed a "shift", so to speak but the "rubber-banding" i experience every time I put actual distance between my consciousness and my body. It's very frustrating, feels like I'm in slow motion, and I have to be very deliberate in my movements. I went back and re-read your original post, & I can agree with what you are getting at. Never thought of it as a shift but when things are progressing into an obe, I can feel a change in atmosphere. Unfortunately, more times than not I lose the obe very early into the experience usually when I'm still very near my physical body, which is a bummer. Maybe if I dedicated more time...
edit on 13-7-2014 by ValleyofAshes because: Better answer...

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Long time since I logged in but I personally found your experience interesting, I meditate almost every night before bed (laying down)..not trying to project or travel but just clearing out my mind and exploring it a bit...When I reach my "zen" I also get a upward feeling that radiates to the top of my head, I've joking referred to it as my "brain erection"... I've been to akward to ask a doctor...not to mention I've already had the whole suction cup sleep thing done for headaches so I know it's not anything wrong...have on the other had hippies tell me it's a kundlini or somthing...I just wanted to say it's kinda of neat\comforting to hear of similar physical effects of meditative states, it not somthing i talk about a lot!! thanks for posting (: and happy travels

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The head shift is how I describe it also just relax and focus on it with no objections and intense vibrations follow quickly then seperation but you'll probably be stuck in the vibration stage for a bit until you familiarize yourself with the event its quite extreme and it feels like being shocked by electricity but does not hurt at all you'll feel yourself as two but one remember your will and intention are very powerful in this state and your feelings will need to be disciplined keep an open mind and you'll progress limitations here affect you there

top topics

join