It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Representing Half A Billion Christians Says It Will No Longer Support Fossil Fuels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow. What strikes me most is just how much the church is a business. More like a conglomerate corporation. I also doubt most of the people attending the various churches realized that their money went to invest in oil companies... Tax free.

Because of the church running operations like a corporation, tax free, I really doubt the group of churches stopped investing out of ethical/religious reasons. In my opinion it probably had more to do with politics and money.
edit on 13-7-2014 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SoldierCarryingHashbrowns

Rooftop gardening is becoming bigger, too!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep!
We are fortunate to live in an area that still allows wood-burning. A huge box elder (type of maple) in our yard split in two in a storm the other day, and yesterday a neighborhood handy-man came over and felled it for us - that tree was estimated to be about 150 years old.

He and his wife dropped it, cut it, and stacked it for us. It will heat our home this winter. Our home is in a deciduous forest - we have probably 15 mature trees - quite a canopy. The stuff that falls has helped us heat our home for years now.
Most of it we cut up ourselves, but this one was too big, and too close to the garage and a neighboring fence, so we brought in the guy. Not ONE THING damaged, and that tree is now ready for reuse - as fuel.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

INDEED.

1. The notion that mankind's influence on the massive cyclical and other natural climate factors is the deciding devastating factor--that idea is still more than absurd to me.

2. IIRC, Rockefeller joked about the hoax to Trading Places Director Aaron Russo

AARON RUSSO LIST OF LINKS ON YOUTUBE:

www.youtube.com... 1ac.1.11.youtube.dl-iPNz8oDs

3. I applaud good stewardship of the environment by Christians.

4. It would be good to get the coal dust residue out of the atmosphere for health reasons. I don't believe it HAS to be done at the expense of jobs, as the globalists are engineering and ordering the current Destroyer in Chief to do, however.

5. The World Council of Churches has been a mouth-piece and totally controlled arm of the globalist oligarchy from its inception.

6. The faithful globalist acolytes will obviously cheer the party line.

7. The methane in the arctic is at least potentially a very serious contributor of methane. It is conceivable that a way could be devised to use such abundant natural gas--which would likely decrease it's threat. I'm skeptical it could be done with sufficiently broad based success, however.

8. There are reportedly 3-4 DIFFERENT "zero-point" energy technologies which the globalists are withholding from public knowledge and wide use in order to help cause various depopulation contributions. They have been convinced that to release them without reducing the population to 200-500 million would quickly result in a global population of 25 BILLION.

9. There are plenty of technologies available to clean up the environment from all our polluting excesses were the decision to do so made--including nuclear spent fuel etc. TPTB don't WANT to do that. They WANT chaos, death and destruction on a grand scale to minimize the threat to their rule by too large a population.

10. However, any of the above information will be seen as p*ssing in the wind by all the globalist acolytes and perhaps other 'realists.'

11. The globalists' games vis a vis such issues is all Kabuki theater anyway--a charade of massive mind control and manipulation of the global populace for dastardly reasons and goals.

12. However, for those who have trashed Almighty God in their lives, their worship of Mother Nature as a substitute god knows no bounds. Their rants and tree hugging will likely also know few limits.

edit on 13/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: clarity

edit on 13/7/2014 by BO XIAN because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

3. I applaud good stewardship of the environment by Christians.

Excellent.

4. It would be good to get the coal dust residue out of the atmosphere for health reasons. I don't believe it HAS to be done at the expense of jobs, as the globalists are engineering and ordering the current Destroyer in Chief to do, however.

What? How is working toward something else together going to cost jobs, exactly? We shift gears. People still work.

5. The World Council of Churches has been a mouth-piece and totally controlled arm of the globalist oligarchy from its inception.

Sources?

7. The methane in the arctic is at least potentially a very serious contributor of methane.

It would be an Extinction Level Event. The Science proves it.

8. There are reportedly 3-4 DIFFERENT "zero-point" energy technologies which the globalists are withholding from public knowledge and wide use in order to help cause various depopulation contributions. They have been convinced that to release them without reducing the population to 200-500 million would quickly result in a global population of 25 BILLION.

Again with your conspiracy hysteria. Yawn.

9. There are plenty of technologies available to clean up the environment from all our polluting excesses were the decision to do so made--including nuclear spent fuel etc. TPTB don't WANT to do that.
If the WCC is part of their conspiracy, then why are they saying to steer away from fossil fuels? Do you not realize that fossil fuels are the reason for a great deal of the death and chaos in the Middle East? If the U.S. became self-sufficient we wouldn't need their bloody oil.

10 and 11 don't even deserve a response.

12. However, for those who have trashed Almighty God in their lives, their worship of Mother Nature as a substitute god knows no bounds. Their rants and tree hugging will likely also know few limits.

Mother Nature is what WE HAVE, here, that "Almighty God" gave us. So trashing her is okay? You said above that it's not okay. But now you're bashing on us Greenies.

The WCC has made a statement that I, a tree-hugger and anti-fossil fuel kinda gal who doesn't want the methane released by climate change (whatever is causing it, it IS HAPPENING - and THAT will destroy us all), agree with. If they were part of the boogey-men's cabal, they would insist we keep on with fossil fuel...and NOT explore or research and develop alternative WORKABLE solutions.

Yes, climate change IS a cyclical, natural thing - as stewards it is our responsibility to not CONTRIBUTE to the cancer that would destroy us all. So - your statements are contradictory.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They say that before settlers came to this country, the forests were pristine, all the dead wood was gone and the huge trees in the forests made a canopy that was awesome. It was like walking through a park. I read an old translated manuscript from the early settlements one time.

The Indians scavenged all the dead wood and thinned the broken trees down. They had no way of cutting a really big old tree. But the people from Europe came here with saws and cut them all down. The Indians did not have saws to cut the old forests and they were considered sacred anyway.

It appears that this mindset was also present in Europe thousands of years ago, trees were sacred there also. Then they started building ships and it led to a lot of trees dying.

The heat given off by a wood fire is much different than the heat given off by modern furnaces. The old oil furnaces made out of cast iron did give off cozy heat and were quiet also. Now you have to set the thermostat at seventy and you still feel cold some times, back when the furnaces were cast, the thermostat could be at sixty five and it was warm. I studied the ability of the thermostat to measure heat frequencies, there are frequencies outside it's ability that actually trigger us to create our own heat, burning fat to keep warm. I suppose thousands of years evolving with certain heating sources caused an adaptation to energy which the thermostat cannot measure.

The old furnaces gave off a broader spectrum of energy, they were actually designed for our comfort, not to satisfy a thermostat. Wood heat does supply a diverse band of this energy. At sixty five burning wood, it is much cozier than the oil furnace at sixty eight. Our noses get messed up with the oil furnace at night, but the wood heat does not do that even though overall the air is dryer with the wood heat vs the oil furnace with the humidifier on it.

I did a lot of research on the frequency range of the heat and it's effect on the body and metabolism. I tried to find why wood heat seems cozier at a lower temperature. If we put our oil furnace above seventy we can't sleep, the heat bothers us. The woodstove heat at eighty doesn't even have that effect. Kind of weird, my research was limited to what is already known though, not what is unknown. I studied the sauna extensively also, the problems it treats are genetic specific to certain lines of people. It will help those people detox yet does nothing for those with a different skin combination. So it helps some people detox.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I detest "forced-air" heat. It isn't cozy at all.
At my last home, we installed a cast iron woodstove - it heated the whole (small) house - and was VERY cozy. I kept a cast-iron tea kettle on it for moisture. It was wonderful.

This house has a traditional fireplace, which we had repaired and cleaned over the fall - we haven't used it much yet, but in the milder seasons we have a small campfire outside, which is fueled by recycleable paper (newspapers, cardboard, paper bags, etc) and twigs and tree-fall. Very pleasant, like you said, at 60F we can sit outside around a cozy campfire - and in colder weather we sit near the fireplace.

Thanks for sharing your research and the joy of old-fashioned wood-heat!

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Why did you have to create a division RIIIIGHT there?

I didn't create the division. There are people who deny that the climate is changing, and even if they acknowledge that it is, they don't think human activity is making anything worse.

The truth is that human activity IS making it worse. Have you seen pictures of BeiJing in a smog cloud? The people have to wear masks when they are outside. That is not "normal" or "cyclical" climate change.

I wanted to discuss reducing fossil fuels and the organizations who are now getting on board with it, and not be bombarded with people saying it is a hoax.

No, I don't and wouldn't want to "keep using fossil fuel." So, sorry that my OP confused you in regards to my stance on it.

And I never watch Roseanne.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

They say that before settlers came to this country, the forests were pristine, all the dead wood was gone and the huge trees in the forests made a canopy that was awesome. It was like walking through a park. I read an old translated manuscript from the early settlements one time.

I believe it!

That's how our property is, like a park. I refer to it as a camp-site. We pick up and burn all the dead, fallen wood (and the prunings/brush that I clear). It's hard to keep up with, but it's very pleasant.

We have a walnut that is estimated to be about 200 years old. It is 100 feet high, and has a span of at least 80 feet. It's HUGE, and sits just a few feet back from and to the side of the house. It's limbs cover the entire length of the house - providing shade in summer, and with a southern exposure, in winter we get loads of sunshine. (Plus, WALNUTS! Food! Yay.)

I think a house's orientation to the landscape and sun angle is SO important!

edit on 7/13/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I come from a place that has 4 seasons. We have always called that climate change. I thought that was actually considered normal.

you want to address the parts that are man made we have to look at what is changing weather. You are right in parts but your ideology leads you down dead end streets. When i was a kid i did a report in school on climate. One of the key elements was the jet stream and its effects. I did a colored chart showing it. I remember reading from text books how it was fixed and unchanging. They planned airline flights using it or avoiding it. But today, both the arctic and tropical jet streams are all over the place.

So, why is that? Ask the east coast in the next month if they think the arctic jet stream matters to them when discussing "climate change" and if they should turn off the heat and walk to the store instead of drive.

i see only 2 scenarios that has the jet stream all over the place. 1: weather modification from the pentagon is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more advanced than what most believe and the decades old patents from Bernard Eastlund have been put to use by the military private contractors he worked for.

or

2: the 2 pole shifts that are occuring (first the magneticpole followed by the physical pole) is causing it.

2 years ago they recorded for the first time the jet stream touched theEarth.

imo, i do not care how many cars or furnaces or coal plants or anythingin use that could cause that to happen. But i am not quick to conclude its not man made either.

Now do not get me wrong. I believe we are to be stewards of our home. I believe we need to be accountable to ourselves and to each other.

i walk the walk, as do others here. I just do not want to rush in making laws and regulations to hurt the average person in pursuit of the real culprits. We are getting played on this climate change scam. I know when i am getting "the business". It always comes wrapped in a pretty pkg and presented with fanfare with lots of bells and whistles. It targets the emotions.

We are going into "the greatest depression". Billions of poor people world wide have their lives at stake. In as short a time as 30 years ago, in the 1970's the USA was the breadbasket to the world. We exported 75% of the worlds charitible food and animal feed back then. Part of that "white privilage" everyone now seems so fearful of.
We now cannot produce enough food to feed ourselves

But today we are being handcuffed, hogtied, blinded and dumbed down to the point that we are so bad we need to learn to well, what is it we are supposed to learn? I honestly went blank trying to finish that.

they made global treaties between nations way back in the 1970's I believe against using weather modification against other nations. A dozen or so years before the chemical weapons treaties. Geoengineering and climate manipulation is old tech. It is because of this line of thought I have to believe that yes, man is responsible for climate change. But not from fossil fuels. But from miliary applications. Just think of the advantage you get in "plausible deniability" you get from a military strategic standpoint?

I guess the next trick would be to fund it. Maybe they can trick the people into blaming them and taxing them to do it. Anybody got any unprovable ways we could contrive where we can blame our neighbors for "climate change".

edit on 13-7-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
www.epa.gov...]originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I detest "forced-air" heat. It isn't cozy at all.
At my last home, we installed a cast iron woodstove - it heated the whole (small) house - and was VERY cozy. I kept a cast-iron tea kettle on it for moisture. It was wonderful.

This house has a traditional fireplace, which we had repaired and cleaned over the fall - we haven't used it much yet, but in the milder seasons we have a small campfire outside, which is fueled by recycleable paper (newspapers, cardboard, paper bags, etc) and twigs and tree-fall. Very pleasant, like you said, at 60F we can sit outside around a cozy campfire - and in colder weather we sit near the fireplace.

Thanks for sharing your research and the joy of old-fashioned wood-heat!
they are banning almost all fireplaces and 80% of the older wood burning stoveswww.epa.gov...
edit on 13-7-2014 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

If you think its so good why are you on ATS typinh this? Your PC/mac/laptop i useing fossil fuels.

You should be living in a hut with no modern coviences.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What? If I had solar panels, or a wind turbine, I could still be typing this.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: manna2

Sorry, are you trying to make a point? Yes, I know they are "banning" those things, in the ritzy suburbs. Their Lowe's and Home Depot stores don't sell things like chain saws, either. They also have NO TREES down there - so no natural canopy to provide shade...but they are forced to use natural gas or electricity (fossil fuel systems) for a pleasant fireplace, and for A/C instead of natural shade.

When I go out to run errands, it is ALWAYS 10 degrees hotter in the shopping areas than it is at my home. We have low-volume water outlets, and I keep use of water to a minimum. I NEVER water my yard, nor do I fertilize it or poison it with pesticides. We have put in extra insulation, and replaced some windows - this is a 75-year old house that is made of solid oak framing and plaster/stone surfaces.

There is technology available (as rickymouse described) for very low-emission wood-stoves, and fireplace inserts.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Do you believe we should just stick to fossil fuels forever?

We should never try to find cleaner, more efficient and safer alternatives?

This is what she's celebrating - that people are starting to realize this isn't going to be a a good solution forever, and in fact it's doing a lot of damage

You call her hypocrite?

We're all stuck with things the way they are now - for now. All of us

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Sorry, are you trying to make a point?

There is technology available (as rickymouse described) for very low-emission wood-stoves, and fireplace inserts.
how expensive were the ones you bought and use now? Outside fires are being outlawed as well. How are containing your, soon to be, outlawed fire?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Now do not get me wrong. I believe we are to be stewards of our home. I believe we need to be accountable to ourselves and to each other.

Good. We agree, then.

i walk the walk, as do others here.

As do I, to the best of my current ability.

I just do not want to rush in making laws and regulations to hurt the average person in pursuit of the real culprits.

Did I say anything about making laws? No, I did not. My nephew is spending the summer interning for Koch Industries - which is, in my opinion, one of the culprits. (And it makes me sick that he is doing so, but - he's not my kid, and it ain't my call.)

We are getting played on this climate change scam. I know when i am getting "the business".

Yes, we are. So do I. God for you.

We are going into "the greatest depression". Billions of poor people world wide have their lives at stake.

Yes, we are. And yes, they do.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It isn't outlawed where I live. It's the natural way that human beings have used fire for millenia. Nevertheless, at my last home (where we installed the wood stove 20 years ago) - the cost was $1000.

We have looked into fireplace inserts, as well. For now, we are not required to have one. We are burning wood instead of fossil fuels to heat our home.
Woodsmoke isn't the same as fracking, mining, drilling, processing, gasoline combustion, etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
She is adhering to a top down UN policy that is hypocritical to the core. Agenda 21 is at work here. This is most definately a conspiracy "truth", not a theory. It is about blaming you and I for their planned rewilding of the USA. Climate change.....wow....i am stunned people fall for this....its your fault man, i mean it's your neighbors fault man...well, its not well, errr, we will tax you and regulate you into a few pre planned population hubs into tiny living boxes next to your predetermined job using energy given to you to heat and cool yourself so the tortoise and pup fish can have their home back....but dont look up, because that sky is normal and nothing to see here and...., hey is that one of the Kardashions? a reply to: Spiramirabilis

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I thought you'd read enough to know that the oligarchy plays all sides against the middle toward chaos, anarchy & disorder . . .

so that

they can more easily build on the ashes of the old order.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join