It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Representing Half A Billion Christians Says It Will No Longer Support Fossil Fuels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

This is called a strategic withdrawel,the reality is that Oil is made of PEOPLE,BILLIONS OF THEM ....AND....Plants and Animals,furthermore Oil is NOT millions of years old it is only thousands of years old. These are hard ,cold,undeniable FACTS,which Academia and Science and Religon and Governments and Industry and many others have co-operatively attempted to SUPRESS GLOBALLY. You bet your bluebells that using Oil is unethical.It is also cannabalism. This is part of Humanitys One True History. This One True History is on its way to a place near you soon.

My god I never knew this. I'm glad I'm naturally on the side of the OP, and I never started working in the oilfield when all my family tried to convince me I should.

I have to get out of this State!
edit on 12-7-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Happily starred and flagged this one

This is a good reminder that outside of this place (where the irrational is king) people can still think

:-)
edit on 7/12/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
They should have never been using Fossil fuels in the first place, seeing as how satan put those fossils there to trick everybody! Using satans tricks to power you vehicles, the hypocrisy!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Nuclear now that's where the money's at

Well....see...
I am scared half to death by nuclear. It's not our only option, and its inherent dangers are just too great.
I know there are plenty of nuclear engineers/scientists who promote how safe it is - but it is also totally destructive.

I prefer wind, solar, water, and hydrogen cells.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

And I starred that post for what I heard you say in my imagination :-)

What I love about your OP Buzzy is that it's neutral - and good news for everybody

It's still going to be an uphill battle - and we might not win this one....but, news like this makes me rethink all that

And smile

:-)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

so now suddenly these 590 million Christians are going to walk wherever they need to travel, shut off their air conditioners and heaters?
No they will not.

What it means is that there's been a shift in thinking. They start out slow sometimes, but once they catch fire they're harder to stop

None of us is going to be able to walk away from fossil fuels for a very long time. We just might be able to start working on alternate solutions with less, let's just call it - obvious and enormous opposition though

There is money to be made on alternatives too - LOTS of money

Win, win, win...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
But

the decision to no longer fund oil, gas, or coal at its central committee meeting in Geneva, and recommended that its members do the same.
Seems that they are recommending to their members to take a same stance and really are probably trying to convince them of it instead of all the members having that stance . I guess the debate in that camp is not settled yet . :>) a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well, if the trusts pull out, and the leaders tell the congregation/parish/members that they are doing so - it will encourage them also to do so - right?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Some of the looniest posts I have ever read on ATS, where do those people get their ideas? Oil is people? oil formed before people were invented/discovered/bred/created/etcetera.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Then that will drive down the price of the shares and they will be gobbled up by ? lets just say the 1% . It's money .Some people have money to invest to find the best return on that money . I was surprised to find out that in my part of the world that the teachers had invested heavily into the tobacco and drug industry .Then they were given the power to label a kid as being ADHD and demand them to be put on drugs . I guess if you nest egg doesn't matter then it doesn't . The whole money system is a fixed game and tptb have the ability to cause investments to go in what ever direction THEY want it to go . THEY control society by convincing us to do things that benefit them and their cause , not ours .This whole CO2 tax scheme is just a new way to control us at our expense .imo a reply to: BuzzyWigs

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

On the other hand, they are called "Fossil Fuels."

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

so now suddenly these 590 million Christians are going to walk wherever they need to travel, shut off their air conditioners and heaters?
No they will not.

What it means is that there's been a shift in thinking. They start out slow sometimes, but once they catch fire they're harder to stop

None of us is going to be able to walk away from fossil fuels for a very long time. We just might be able to start working on alternate solutions with less, let's just call it - obvious and enormous opposition though

There is money to be made on alternatives too - LOTS of money

Win, win, win...

He who controls the oil, controls the world. A very disturbing reality.

I'm for doing less, having less, needing less. I am totally fascinated with Tiny Houses.

Let's bring back neighborhood grocers. Remember when there was a mom/pop grocer every few blocks?

I live in Arizona. I keep my AC at 89. When was it exactly people decided they had to live in refrigerators?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If they really want to make an impact they would stop using fossil fuels. Really stick it to the oil companies. But they won't do that. The issue is not big enough to actually suffer for.
I think we need to really put some research into alternate energy sources but until they do I have to use what's available and I'm forced to pay what ever they ask.
edit on PM000000310000000772814312014-07-12T13:14:14-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I bet they still put gasoline in their cars every day lol

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

I bet they still put gasoline in their cars every day lol

Realistically, it's really hard not to drive unless your community is built to be walk friendly.

To get away from using fossil fuel requires more then just stop using it.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Did they mention anything about investing in anti-pollution equipment ?

Lot's of development going on in that area.

Just pulling out of one level of investment won't do the trick methinks.

Solar and wind can't cut the mustard for the whole world (yet)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There are no AFFORDABLE choises...
When a cheaper mean is invented
ppl WILL use that...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No they will not.

Christians are always making stuff up, I don't see how anybody could be apart of a religion who has for an emblem a dying prophet on a cross, seem like they are worshipping death. The madness...
edit on JulX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
WOW.. that list includes almost all protestant churches including mainstream Baptist, Methodist, Episcopalian and Presbyterian churches in the USA. Southern Baptists are covered under the National Baptists so that's a huge part of the southern USA bible belt.

That's very impressive.

Now what.. away with fossil fuels and jump on the electric energy bandwagon? What alternatives will they now invest in?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One, there is no such thing as "fossil fuels" the oil we pull is a byproduct from internal Earth process.

Two, they sold their shares of various companies at very likely a profit - they profited. They profited for years and just now. They profited.

Divestment means little if another person is there to buy and their divestment did not hurt the companies at all.

They'd be better of to stop using nearly every single product they use from food to clothing from their child's crib to their shoes to stop the problem they feel is happening. We use oil for everything in one way or another, so their protest is useless because they are so narrow minded they think gasoline is the enemy.

If they were actually smart, instead of reactionary, they'd divest from companies like auto mfg, ship mfg, shipping companies, truck mfgs and trucking companies, train mfgs and trains transport, heating mfgs and heating oil sales people, clothing makers and on and on.

But in order to stop global warming they'll have to do two main things: Alter the Earth's collapsing magnetic field and make sure to alter the energy coming from the sun and do that in a hurry. Maybe praying will help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join