It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Huge Thank You

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe Blessings to you. I really do know how you feel. My hubby is a 100% disabled Vet and is now suffering from Cancer, untreated...8 months between appointments. He had 2 bypasses also and almost left me then also. It is true, no matter how much one may think they are prepared, when the time comes, it is still sad and difficult.

It is good to reflect on the laughs, the joys and little triumphs and good memories. By doing that, the loved one lives on. I truly believe that our loved ones live on...on some level of existence and that they are always with us in spirit. Perhaps in future days, you will see "signs" of this...perhaps a favorite bird or butterfly or flower that your dad enjoyed will present itself to you. A sign from your loved one that they still exist and that they love you. Keeping our loved ones that have passed in our memories gives them life eternal in our hearts and minds. They will always be a cherished part of us. I hope you can find some small comfort in that...what I have mentioned.

If hubby passes before I do, I will try and take heed to these words too. It is never easy to lose a loved one. I send hugs, and Blessings and much love to you! Your dad is ok, I am sure of it and we all will be ok. when these kinds of things happen after a fashion/time. We all will be together again someday too. We are all energy and that never disappears. Love ya. ^j^

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Kanga Sweet Pea. I'm here to tell you, you are one of the most loved members of ATS. You manage to say what I think all the time. It's like part of you can see into my head and heart... you just know how to say it....right.

It's a blessing you have, my friend. I'm so sorry for your painful loss...but we are always here for you. You are *special*. Not in the short bus special, but in the you make a change in our hearts, special.

If there is anything I can do for you...please let me know. (insert heart icon here).

Love and Bright Blessings to you, Kanga.

Des

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Kanga sorry for your loss, I'm really sorry to hear he went through that struggle and it is so hard to see your dad go through that, I know how you feel.

Drums, buddy, anytime you want to get teary or cranky, I'm a u2u away.

Love to you both.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Oh my goodness... First my sincere condolences for the loss of both your parents to a disease that is so terrible. It's never easy to lose people, but it is much harder when that loss includes constant pain and an absolute wasting away. I am so very sorry that you had to experience it at all.... let alone twice.

Secondly, your poem is absolutely beautiful. I can see why it brought your wife comfort. It's hard to think on those memories when everything is fresh, but it is what eventually helps most all of us to some with the loss. The tears turn into smiles and laughter when the pain eases. It is really the only way we can have their memory carry on. Through us.

I thank you for sharing your poem and memories (like so many others) to make sure I continue not to feel alone in this. I can not express how comforting it is. I can thank you though, and I do that with my whole being. Thank you.

originally posted by: shrevegal
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe Blessings to you. I really do know how you feel. My hubby is a 100% disabled Vet and is now suffering from Cancer, untreated...8 months between appointments. He had 2 bypasses also and almost left me then also. It is true, no matter how much one may think they are prepared, when the time comes, it is still sad and difficult.

It is good to reflect on the laughs, the joys and little triumphs and good memories. By doing that, the loved one lives on. I truly believe that our loved ones live on...on some level of existence and that they are always with us in spirit. Perhaps in future days, you will see "signs" of this...perhaps a favorite bird or butterfly or flower that your dad enjoyed will present itself to you. A sign from your loved one that they still exist and that they love you. Keeping our loved ones that have passed in our memories gives them life eternal in our hearts and minds. They will always be a cherished part of us. I hope you can find some small comfort in that...what I have mentioned.

If hubby passes before I do, I will try and take heed to these words too. It is never easy to lose a loved one. I send hugs, and Blessings and much love to you! Your dad is ok, I am sure of it and we all will be ok. when these kinds of things happen after a fashion/time. We all will be together again someday too. We are all energy and that never disappears. Love ya. ^j^

I am sorry your husband is so ill and even sorrier that he served his country (us) and can not get the help he needs in the manner he more than deserves (assuming 8 months between appointments is not normal in his case, and his health issues, as I have never heard of that in any of the people I've known personally with cancer). I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers (if that does not offend) and wish you all the strength you need to help him deal with this. Please U2U me if you ever need to talk, or even lash out... I do not know how difficult your situation is, but I'm sure whatever I am imagining is nowhere near close.

I do agree with you on looking for signs and knowing that our loved ones will be ok. I truly feel they will as well. That does bring a measure of comfort especially if someone has suffered for any length of time. Those who have never watched a loved one suffer for many months/years, do not know how very difficult that is or the feelings it causes. You feel guilty for wishing their suffering would end, then you feel guilty for wanting to keep them here. It is one of the hardest things one will ever have to do IMO.

Knowing that we will all see each other again one day makes it a bit more bearable. I thank you for taking the time to help me remember that. I seem to forget those things every other hour for the last few days. It certainly doesn't hurt to be reminded to remember. And if I can ever be there for you, just reach out. I'm here.

originally posted by: Destinyone
Kanga Sweet Pea. I'm here to tell you, you are one of the most loved members of ATS. You manage to say what I think all the time. It's like part of you can see into my head and heart... you just know how to say it....right.

It's a blessing you have, my friend. I'm so sorry for your painful loss...but we are always here for you. You are *special*. Not in the short bus special, but in the you make a change in our hearts, special.

If there is anything I can do for you...please let me know. (insert heart icon here).

Love and Bright Blessings to you, Kanga.

Des

You are one of those that reached out to me earlier on and there is no way I can thank you enough for being there then and now. Seriously. Your words above mean more to me than I think you will ever realize. I read misty eyed and then had to giggle about "short bus", so it equalled out.

You have a huge heart Des and that is worth more than all the gold, gems, money, etc. in the world. I've not only been on the receiving end, but I have also been lucky enough to witness it in action with many of the other members here. That is something you should take pride in, because it seems to be exceedingly rare these days. I'll gladly take your "heart icon" and offer you a "hug icon" in exchange.

Please know that I'm here for you as well. If there is something you need and I can help... You won't have to ask me twice. I do consider you a friend and as that, you always have my ear if/when the occasion ever arises. Your words were/are a comfort and that to me is priceless. I thank you for everything from then until now from the bottom of my heart.

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Kanga sorry for your loss, I'm really sorry to hear he went through that struggle and it is so hard to see your dad go through that, I know how you feel.

Drums, buddy, anytime you want to get teary or cranky, I'm a u2u away.

Love to you both.

Thank you Zazz. I have said and heard (many times in the last few days) that he is at least not suffering anymore. And that is true. It was hard to watch him like that and I am comforted in the fact that he doesn't have to deal with it all anymore. It's the selfish, greedy part of me that grieves for what I no longer have. Like I said above... It never hurts to be reminded to remember that huge truth. Thank you for that.
edit on 7/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join