It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask any question you want about Physics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ask any question you want about physics

Any?

OK then, here's one for ya...what causes what we call 'quantum physics'..? What is the driver...the initiator...what causes it to be?

Ta.

Had to think on this its a very general question but i decided on causality. Physics divides things in to two categorize cause and effect. The main reason for this is is physics evolved through experimentation. They did an experiment found out the effects and then tried to figure out the cause.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
"I think there is a lot of good, useful, cheap technology, but somehow it get's suppressed..."

What I think, it's not the case. Wishfully thinking. Subconsciously you wish for a better, greed free world. Free of definition of debt.

interesting, sure...

and have lost all the hope ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: KrzYma

Hes playing with an electro magnet not sure the point of the video. Im not sure hes sure of the point of the video he kept messing up the positive and negative from his battery. Remember how i said if you try to have flux going in opposite directions it doesnt work thats what happened when he messed up. ground out an electro magnet it stops working funny huh.

you are kidding, right ?

explain the non existence of the flux you preach for and the one end magnetic attraction, switch-able...

OK, you don't have to... I already did.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrzYma

Hes playing with an electro magnet not sure the point of the video. Im not sure hes sure of the point of the video he kept messing up the positive and negative from his battery. Remember how i said if you try to have flux going in opposite directions it doesnt work thats what happened when he messed up. ground out an electro magnet it stops working funny huh.

you are kidding, right ?

explain the non existence of the flux you preach for and the one end magnetic attraction, switch-able...

Here watch this same thing he did but using a volt meter maybe this will help you get the idea of whats going on.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

you are kidding, right ?

Here watch this same thing he did but using a volt meter maybe this will help you get the idea of whats going on.

this is a different experiment, there is only one coil.

this is exactly what happens when the auto magnet looses his power.
this is not the same device !

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oh by the way, here's another killer question I got from Wall Thornhill.

Why did comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 break up into a nearly perfectly spaced string of pearls?

I know the answer, do you?

Let's see it explained with relativistic mechanics.

edit on 7/16/2014 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange
Perhaps silly question, how gravity is a force when Einstein said it is due to space time curve when physical body with mass present?
No it's not silly, I'm surprised Astyanax didn't ask it as a follow up.

We do explain the gravitational phenomenon as a consequence of spacetime curvature, but we haven't abandoned the use of the term "force" completely though it can also be called "interaction" if you prefer that to "force" which might be a little more technically accurate I suppose (though who says "interaction" instead of force other than scientists?):

Fundamental interaction

Fundamental interactions or fundamental forces or interactive forces are modeled in fundamental physics as patterns of relations in physical systems, evolving over time, whose objects appear not reducible to more basic entities. Conventionally accepted are four fundamental interactions—gravitational, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, and weak nuclear—each understood as the dynamics of a field. The gravitational is modeled as continuous, one classical field....

Modest gravitational effects are conventionally predicted via refinements of the theory of universal gravitation (UG). Yet the gravitational phenomenon itself is conventionally explained as a consequence of spacetime's dynamic geometry "curving" in the vicinity of mass, and is modeled by the general theory of relativity (GR). UG and GR comprise classical mechanics. As energy alters spatial and temporal relations—effects notable at vast energy levels—such relativistic effects on space and time are modeled in relativistic mechanics, whose relativity theory extends classical mechanics via GR and special theory of relativity (SR).
So if you prefer to call it an interaction, feel free to do so.

I think that even when he has two coils in the other video with the paper clips, again he's not explaining what he's doing exactly but couldn't he be operating them one at a time? It sort of looks like that's what he might be doing but it's not easy to tell what he's doing. I'm not sure if he even knows what he's doing.

originally posted by: AnarchoCapitalist
Oh by the way, here's another killer question I got from Wall Thornhill.

Why did comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 break up into a nearly perfectly spaced string of pearls?
Spacing is nowhere near "perfect" in this photo:

apod.nasa.gov...

edit on 16-7-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Oh come on, you're going to haggle over that?

OK, let's leave the spacing out of it.

Just explain how it could form a train.

I mean come on, what are the odds? Are you going to claim coincidence?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There are only two explanations here my friend.

Either SL9 was a super-freak of nature, and just randomly happened to split in a string of pearls configuration, with absolutely astronomical odds. I mean we have to be talking in the quadrillion to one range here, may be higher.

or

Some force besides gravity was working on the comets.

So lets get real here.

I want to discuss what that force might be.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What causes you to rule out gravity? It can align planetary rings into extremely thin and well-defined structures, or do you think that's not a gravitational effect either?
edit on 16-7-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

What causes you to rule out gravity? It can align planetary rings into extremely thin and well-defined structures, or do you think that's not a gravitational effect either?

Hell no.

Saturn's rings emit radio waves.

They are a plasma structure.

We present several independent in-situ measurements, which provide evidence that charged dust in the E-ring interacts collectively with the dense surrounding plasma disk of Saturn, i.e., form a system of dust-plasma interaction... The observed results have direct relevance to the interactions occurring in planet forming accretion disks around young stars, since the physical environment is similar.

And besides, don't the theories that account for the disks using gravity only have to throw in dark matter and black holes? And SL9 didn't form a disk, it formed a chain. I am unaware of any gravitational theory that says an exploded object will form a chain.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

you are kidding, right ?

See one coil or two doesnt change whats going on thats where your confusion comes in. In order for this to work as an electro magnet flux has to be created period. See most people like the experimenter here realized the second coil is arbitrary to the device. He could easily power up the other side as well it doesnt change the results. High school kids play with these and the results havnt changed this is really basic science. When a current flows through a metal object it creates an EM field. Theres no magic here there is nothing that science cant explain scam websites try to make it seem magical to buy there plans or kits. Because theres always some fool that sees Ed Leedskalins name on something and think he had a levitation device. He didnt in fact the device you think was impressive was a very poorly made generator.

Here you might want to buy this www.leedskalnin.com...

PS before you do iwant you to know he couldnt read or write as they mention on the tour ive been there. Do you want to see how he moved the stones there is pictures available of him working its even on the wall at his castle. But the scam websites want you to believe it was magic.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Do you believe spacetime is a real physical entity, that has tangible physical properties, that act upon matter?

Do you believe we are held to the Earth by the bending of this aether-like substance?

Just curious.

All what I have heard, yes. Yes again. The gradient lines simply point to mass center.

Imply 3D thinking. IMO, dude))

no offence, just my IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And besides, don't the theories that account for the disks using gravity only have to throw in dark matter and black holes? And SL9 didn't form a disk, it formed a chain. I am unaware of any gravitational theory that says an exploded object will form a chain.
We think it was formed by gravitational forces, not an explosion. It made a fairly close pass to Jupiter in 1992, which was the source of the gravitationally induced breakup.

There are no dark matter or black holes in the models of planetary ring formation but I think you probably know this; dark matter becomes significant on scales larger than our solar system.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

We think it was formed by gravitational forces, not an explosion. It made a fairly close pass to Jupiter in 1992, which was the source of the gravitationally induced breakup.

There are no dark matter or black holes in the models of planetary ring formation but I think you probably know this; dark matter becomes significant on scales larger than our solar system.

Yeah, gravity, it's a hell of a drug.

It's been making smart people stupid for over 100 years.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

I am unaware of any gravitational theory that says an exploded object will form a chain.

I don't know jack about this so this should be fun.

What says it formed a "chain"? I see the images you posted but that's from a single perspective, unless I'm wrong about that.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

I am unaware of any gravitational theory that says an exploded object will form a chain.

I don't know jack about this so this should be fun.

What says it formed a "chain"? I see the images you posted but that's from a single perspective, unless I'm wrong about that.

It slammed into Jupiter, so we can tell it was a chain by the impacts.

It's not just a trick of the eye.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Hell no.

Saturn's rings emit radio waves.

They are a plasma structure.

We present several independent in-situ measurements, which provide evidence that charged dust in the E-ring interacts collectively with the dense surrounding plasma disk of Saturn, i.e., form a system of dust-plasma interaction... The observed results have direct relevance to the interactions occurring in planet forming accretion disks around young stars, since the physical environment is similar.

Simpler explanation comet was drawn in by Jupiter gravity. See the chain effect is created because this comet went into orbit around Jupiter this is why we could predict its impact precisely. Cometary orbits around Jupiter are unstable, as they will always be highly elliptical because of the suns gravity as well. What you saw isnt even unusual it was expected as the comet started to disintegrate it makes straight lines if it was heading towards the sun but this orbit around Jupiter making such sharp turns we see a separation occur. By the way if you want to see an identical impact its on Ganymede well outside the interaction of plasma how would you explain that exactly?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
To EU proponents, is the chain supposed to be some kind of evidence the fragments were "riding the lightning" so to speak, like current in a wire?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: dragonridr
To EU proponents, is the chain supposed to be some kind of evidence the fragments were "riding the lightning" so to speak, like current in a wire?

Kind of, in order to explain the symmetry and string of pearls configuration after an explosive break up (comets are made out of solid rock), an attractive and repulsive polarized force is necessary.

Gravity is not polarized, it can't do pushing and pulling, it can only pull things in - that's all it can do.

The only force that fits the bill is electromagnetism.

If I put an object into a polar orbit around the Earth, that object will not suddenly get pulled into an equatorial orbit by gravity. It can't happen. Yet this is essentially what we observed with the comet debris.

The debris literally aligned itself into a string. Gravity can't do that.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join