It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you look at obese people with a critical eye?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It is a matter of self discipline. They are not stacking on fat from the air they breathe. I treat all humans as humans, but if you weigh 600+ freaking pounds and they have to cut a wall out to take you to the hospital...I have no more sympathy than I do for a skinny crack-head. Some people are naturally predisposed to be a little on the large side. That's fine with me as long as you are happy and healthy. There does come a point, however, that you need to lay off the junk food and get some exercise.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Skinny people don't have as many medical problems as very fat people.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Or they will die before they should.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56

Skinny people don't have as many medical problems as very fat people.

Medical problems are medical problems. You could have cancer. I know normal weight people who are diabetic. They all cost money medically to be treated and cared for. After a certain age it seems almost everyone has hypertension, high cholesterol etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Or they will die before they should.

Some people die before they should, including children with cancer and other diseases. People live and people die, in the meantime it costs a fortune in medical.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We have a problem with the weight of many of our adults. Deny if you wish, but it is a big problem.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

We have a problem with the weight of many of our adults. Deny if you wish, but it is a big problem.

To who, you? Do you have any family members or friends who are overweight or obese? I do and love them dearly and cherish time with them. You are free to feel and think as you do and so am I.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Denial of the problem is not surprising. Love is a strong thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Denial of the problem is not surprising. Love is a strong thing.

Yes it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I love obese people but they need to get their stuff together.

They're free, to decide what is important to them. For most weight conditions happen in middle age, and they quite frankly have to choose. Energy, health, vitality, happiness, being in a good mood for children and dependents, or thinking your opinion matters so much they must duck and dodge and suffer by eating tiny little amounts because they have health issues, and lack the energy to do the dishes or cook for their families, OR cook for others and provide healthy meals but be SUPERMAN and suffer to not eat.

Well, talk to the hand. Other people are not here for you to judge in any way, talk down to in any way.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Aren't you bitch'in.

I love these 'what's wrong with other people', I'm don't have that problem, they must be stupid, weak, or someother thing.

Is your self-esteem really in need of a boost by putting others down?

Now why to do you that - don't you have any self-control, didn't your mother teach you better, etc. GET IT? Why don't you fix your offensive behavoir.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Yeah.. I Do look at obese people with a critical eye - especially the Ladies.. I love em but don't tell my girlfriend.. LOL .. she's 300 lbs and I'm currently 112 lbs (both 5 foot 3). We are set to get married in September.

Funny thing is she has a cholesterol level of 128 which is awesome for anyone, (under 200 is desirable) where as I am at 203 which is borderline high. We both recently had complete physicals and she is healthier than i am by a long shot.. then again..I smoked for 22 years. They could not find anything wrong with her whatsoever.

Edit to say,

My gal even though short doesn't look morbidly obese. The Ops issue is morbidly obese folks so I'll address this.

Morbidly obese can mean more than just outward rolls of fat that look undersirable, it can apply to a 150 lbs person who is 5.7 - IF they have a lot of fat around their heart which could create a "morbid" or life threatening situation.
edit on 12-7-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

If you feel I have put you down, then I apologise, this was not the intention. I still stand by what I said, I am "critical" of morbidly obese people. "Critical" does not mean hateful, I am critical of unreferenced information too, that does not mean I will discard it as irrelevant.

I'm also critical of people who misinterpret clear and unambiguous statements, but I will not ignore them or dismiss them as irrelevant.

You see what I am saying?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I was not personally offended by anything you said. I do believe that obesity is a huge public health problem.

I object to the OP's attack on the character of a whole group of people. Obesity is a complex problem, including issues of proverty, trama, food quality, the destructive influence of advertising, poor eduction and addiction.

The OP is so self serving. And so was your response. Neither lead to a meaningful conversation on the subject. Both are "Aren't I bitch'in" posts. I'm glad you have a healthy regime - but how is that going to help anybody?

"This is what I do" doesn't mean it will work for anybody else.

The OP just wanted validation for Judging people based on their weight - for what purpose? I can only surmise, the only reason I can think of is to feel better about himself. And people who boost themselves by putting others down, hurting them need to do some maturing.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Dont feel sry for there mistakes feel beeter about urself see that as what ur striving not to be thats why i stay active but im 6'0 so im naturally about 180-210lbs

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I'm glad you have a healthy regime - but how is that going to help anybody?

Say we were talking about drug addiction, should not share my experiences and tips for getting clean? Should I not mention methods of mental discipline that would help people beat addiction? This is no different with weight, consumption of X equals decline in health. A lot of people claim to be addicted to food, most of those I have met are on the way to obesity, they know they have a problem, they just dont have the "tools" to beat their problem. Offering my dietry "rules" is me handing out one toolset to those who may need it.

"This is what I do" doesn't mean it will work for anybody else.

You are absolutely right, we all have different metabolisms, and different dietary requirements. Some would become unhealthy if they only consume 100g of meat, others could go less or none and it not harm their health. The reason for sharing my rule list is not for the rules, but for the list. If every obese person made their own list and kept to in most of the time, they most likely will lose some weight (it really depends on their list and how it suits their lifestyle)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Finnally a good answer instead of an attack lol thats sad

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
No. I think the same thing when I see some 300+ pounder in go carts at walmart. We didnt have these problems in the 50's, so whats changed so much? I get disgusted when I see some 600lb dude in a bed eat 30 big macs a meal laying in his bed crying. My thought is who the hell is bringing you the food? That's expensive! Hey mom how bout you bring him a gallon of soup instead?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No sweets, except fruits and berries. Eat as much protein and fat as you please. Nuts are good. Cancel grain based carbohydrates. I am in my 40's and look little different than I did 20 years ago. 6', around 170. I eat vegetables and fruits that I grow, and animals that I kill. No cookies or bread or junk. I get enough of a workout gardening and hunting. It's not going to kill anyone to fast for a few days here and there. This way of living has paid off. All of my friends my age are fat and greying. I am still attractive to women half my age. I'm not bragging, just relaying the results of long term dietary and lifestyle choices. My younger brother, who shares the same genetics, drinks sodas, eats candy and twinkies, tops it off with some fast food...he is a complete lard ass. Just the facts. I'm not not trying to offend anyone.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
See I couldn't eat as much fat or protein as I pleased, I would be obese and I cant fast because it effects my blood sugar and then my mental health. But the point is that works for you. I doubt you could maintain your health if you were restricted to 100g (3.5oz) of meat per day.

People need to know what works for them and make rules for them, not just calorie count and hope for the best.

You clearly love food--you wouldnt grow your own vegies if you didnt. I cant due to location but have in the past. Obese people dont seem to love food in my opinion, because they eat processed #e, obese people are the ones that are addicted to food...

Now if this were a conspiracy website I might suggest the corporate food industry is using "flavour enhancers" to get people addicted to food... but I digress

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join