It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadliest, Rarest Form of Plague Contracted Near Denver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It is thought the man may have gotten the Plague from his dog. The biggest part to me about the article is the CDC report on the timely manner antibiotics must be administered if the patient is to survive.

A Colorado man is infected with the rarest and most fatal form of plague, an airborne version that can be spread through coughing and sneezing.

Untreated plague is fatal, and antibiotics have to be given within 24 hours of the first symptoms to reduce the chance of death. Symptoms of the disease include fever, headache and chest pain, along with a pneumonia that develops rapidly causing shortness of breath, chest pain and bloody mucus, according to the CDC.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What I want to know is- how many people has this man been around, or near?

According to the article(If I am getting this correctly)- if it aint treated within the first 24 hours- chances arent looking as good for that individual.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Wowsers! But, how is the reputation of the Source Article? Not sure if I've ever read anything there before. Bad memory so, like I said not sure.

727Sky, good point there! Not only bad news for the original Guy, but the ones he was around, and them same for them, etc, etc......

THis is a freaky statement in the article: "“We don’t think it’s out in our air,” House said. “We think it’s in our dead animal populations and dead rodent populations.”

I don't like that way that sounds with the ' We don't think ' ' We Think ' WHat they Know would be better to see! (In fairness, Haven't finished it all yet, so maybe.....

Later, Syx.
edit on 12-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have a friend who is a veterinarian student that was working on the man's dog. Her, along with 7 other veterinarian students are now being examined at the hospital to determine if they contracted anything. The scary part is that she told me even though all of the proper protocols were followed by the school, the students may have been exposed due to the fact that the plague is usually transmitted to humans from carriers such as rodents (i.e. prairie dogs) and seldom do dogs get it. The fact the dog may have been a carrier of the plague never even crossed the minds of the higher ups at the veterinarian school since it is so rare. If even a veterinarian school had trouble identifying the dog's symptoms, what hope do the rest of us have? I sincerely hope this is an isolated case.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Hey, 727, My first Woops;
On part of my Previous comment where I mentioned " good point there! Not only bad news......". That part and on down was aimed at CommonGood.

Plus Woops #2; I should've said more to You on this Article. So......

Yes I agree as well about the , only have 24 hrs part , being a big deal. That is NOT very much time at all, if this Plague spreads out of control. Treating a few wouldn't be so bad, most likely. But once the infected start filling Hospital E.R.'s, people start leaving them hoping to find somewhere else to get faster treatment, and seeing how this Plague can be Transmitted by Coughing and Sneezing, things could, and most likely would, I.M.O. spiral out of control very fast.

Apologies for rudeness and lack of focus on my earlier comment to You. Hopin' You'll understand, and probably will once I've letchya know I've been having probs sleeping over the past 4 or 5 days, so not enough Brain Re-Charge time to handle even a simple comment!! LOL!! And the Reasons for all the lack of sleep? That, well, that would probably be a good Thread Topic!! (Hmmmm...... LOL!!!)

Later, Syx.

edit on 12-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Why did you post this lol

I am already freaked out enough as it is

Went camping woke up yesterday morning feeling sick so we came home early.

Took this pic while I was there .

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere

Why did you post this lol

I am already freaked out enough as it is

Went camping woke up yesterday morning feeling sick so we came home early.

Took this pic while I was there .

Look at the post as an informational guide line for those who might be exposed and start experiencing Flu an or pneumonia type symptoms... Hope you are OK and not exposed to the bad stuff.
edit on 12-7-2014 by 727Sky because: t

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So that sign is saying fleas carry this stuff. If fleas carry this stuff so would Mosquitos. I know the plague has never been fully eradicated but to see a sign like that is strange.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Stop posting scary things on ATS.

We have enough already with the 'EBOLA' Threads.

But seriously I hope its just the one case.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Oh wow that's a freaky sign I've never seen before! I'd say you should go get checked out just to be safe....

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yeah
Its scary stuff .
I was talking to another camper he was telling me that rodents in the areas had a huge outbreak of the plague.

Starting to feel better now.

Thanks for the reply !

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
So that sign is saying fleas carry this stuff. If fleas carry this stuff so would Mosquitos. I know the plague has never been fully eradicated but to see a sign like that is strange.

Not necessarily.

Yersinia pestis, the plague bacterium, is evolved to live in the guts of fleas meaning the gut of the flea is an environment hospitable them - they can live in it. And there are special conditions and behaviors that Y. pestis has developed once in the gut of fleas that cause infected fleas to become even more efficient vectors. I've read that it overgrows in their guts, blocking them and causing them to try to feed more often so that they spread the plague around.

However, the gut of a mosquito is a different place chemically and physically. Just because an organism can live in one vector doesn't mean it can live in another. Fleas, for example, do not spread malaria because the Plasmodium parasite is evolved and adapted to the guts of mosquitos as vectors.

The normal cycle for Y. pestis is to go from mammal to flea, and it is a naturally occurring disease all over the world. We have natural reservoirs here in the US. It crops up every year like this in isolated cases. Pneumonic plague simply occurs when the bacteria attack the lungs instead of the lymphatic system like they normally do. The resulting coughing can make the plague more airborne, but not exactly in the same way that cold and flu is. I'm not exactly sure how long the bacteria can survive on surfaces, but I doubt they're as resilient as cold and flu viruses because they simply aren't adapted to spread primarily in that manner.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The CDC has accidentally released deadly pathogens 3 times this month, so get ready this is just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity
The CDC has accidentally released deadly pathogens 3 times this month, so get ready this is just the beginning.

The CDC didn't have to do anything. The plague is naturally occurring here.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say they released the plague, I just was saying the collection of deadly organisms in the U.S. is making it more dangerous because humans make mistakes.Sometimes on purpose ....
edit on 12-7-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

None of this should be happening because Raymond rife found a way to pop all viruses and pathogens with harmonic resonance, but he was curing people for Penneys and the medical industrial complex ran him out of town and now we have the ideal world for money making doctors and huge medical systems that burn you up alive with chemo for $40,000.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Four Cases of Life-Threatening Plague Found in Colorado

Three more plague cases were found in Colorado, a week after the first infection of the deadliest form of the disease was reported in the state in a decade.

The man initially reported with pneumonic plague on July 11 is hospitalized. Two of the new cases also had pneumonic plague, while the third had a milder form. All four cases may be linked to the original man’s dog, which died from the illness, state health officials said.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Hopefully, this is as far as it goes. I remember there was an outbreak in the Southwest a year or so ago where several dogs caught the plague, and they were warning people to be on guard against it in themselves and their pets.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I honestly doubt "The plague" would ever truly run amok in the modern world, it's the same story as why the 1917 Flu didn't go berserk all over the planet. That story being the story of Vitamin C, Indoor toilets, basic antibiotics etc, etc...

I live in northern AZ, currently have a horrible cough, there is a huge field of rodents right outside... Plauge? I dunno... but those god damned Prairie dogs give me something every other summer, they carry more germs than the 3rd horseman... one day I'll learn not to leave my coffee cup out on the porch during summer time...

In the meantime, mega doses of vitamin C, lots of Garlic and all sorts of stuff no one had in the 14th century readily available will leave most cases of Plague undiagnosed because most people don't like to deal with spending hundreds of dollars, particularly here where medicine is often a trip to the feed store to get Cattle antibiotics lol...

It's the junk like Ebola that is scary because we haven't dealt with it before...

Jokes aside... If your a Caucasian in Arizona or Colorado your odds are really good your related to many someone's who lived through both the 1917 flu and multiple periods of Plague w/o the benefits of medical attention and are of the genetics to just ride it out...

Now Ebola... that's scary, no one in my family tree ever lived through Ebola nor am I exposed to it... every damn summer by Caffeine fiend Gophers. Emerging viruses and Bacteria, that's what can get you...

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

I'm dying... Lol

Now Ebola... that's scary, no one in my family tree ever lived through Ebola nor am I exposed to it... every damn summer by Caffeine fiend Gophers. Emerging viruses and Bacteria, that's what can get you...

edit on 18-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join