It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad Promises $6,000 a Month Tax Free To House Immigrant Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I would guess that ad is aimed a greedy people wanting to get paid for the kids, they call the number and pay to get "certified" in 45 days, then nothing.

I bet it is just a scam to make money from the "certification"

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Looks like a scam.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Did anyone actually research Crittenton FFA? Oh wait, this is ATS. People just blindly bash everything without knowing jack. Their financial statements are publicly available. They are a well respected, accredited 501(c)3 non-profit agency that started in 1883. Yea, they receive public funds but also raise a substantial amount of money through private grants and donations. Their mission for over 130 years has been providing safe harbor to women and children at risk --- women and children of ALL walks of life. Just for # and giggles why not look past the OP for once.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Did anyone actually research Crittenton FFA? Oh wait, this is ATS. People just blindly bash everything without knowing jack. Their financial statements are publicly available. They are a well respected, accredited 501(c)3 non-profit agency that started in 1883. Yea, they receive public funds but also raise a substantial amount of money through private grants and donations. Their mission for over 130 years has been providing safe harbor to women and children at risk --- women and children of ALL walks of life. Just for # and giggles why not look past the OP for once.

Who is bashing the Crittenton?

BTW, you accuse people of not "looking past the OP", yet you apparently failed to read the source material. Let me help you!

As for who is paying for all of this? We were told that for normal foster services, the reimbursement is provided by a series of state and local grants but in the case of the “unaccompanied refugee minors”, 100% of the reimbursement will come from the federal government.

100% reimbursement from the federal government!!!!

This is the crux of the OP that must have went over your head. This is tax payers money that will be used to reimburse these homes.

My finger and purpose was pointing at the federal government for as usual spending money we don't have for a problem THEY created!

Nice try at trying to twist things around to mean something they didn't though!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Think for a second. If people were paid 6K a month to foster children in their homes... there would be no foster children left in group homes. I'll take 20!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Think for a second. If people were paid 6K a month to foster children in their homes... there would be no foster children left in group homes. I'll take 20!

True!

But that isn't even my issue of the OP!

You and I both know Kali, that this country is broke, right?

Obama is asking for 3.7 BILLION to throw at this manufactured problem, and that isn't even for securing our borders! If he was serous about securing the borders, he would be doing it already by allowing a few governors to call out the National guard as they requested, but he won't! As usual, he wants it his way, and yet he throws the blame at everyone else whom in his opinion "won't compromise"!

Can you imagine the record number of people on food stamps being told they will lose their benefits because there just isn't enough money in the coffers anymore? It's coming!

Look at our governments history of spending money on the military industrial complex but yet any given president will stand up and give a BS speech saying how WE need to sacrifice for the good of the nation! WE??????

You can choose to play the partisan game, but I refuse too! Washington DC, is plague on the freedoms of every citizen in this country!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think fostering is always tax free. It's under health care.
It provides a good income if you're prepared to do it.

Is there some secretive reason they want /need all this Latino kids?? Why?

Or is it just to cause civil unrest?
edit on 12-7-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wish I could just wander into any country I feel like. I had to immigrate the legal way.

Its nothing like the US Canada border.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah... I told the Old Lady that .... the $6 grand thing....as a valid reason to oust the dead-beat grandson that thinks our mission in life is to provide that pos a good living arrangement

the moron dropped out of HS at 16.... because he 'knew' he had the world-by-the-bolls
and that was almost 8 years ago!

the old lady & the mother...are suckers for BS & will not throw him on the street, where he belongs, and where he has a chance to 'shape-up'

I said it loud & to his A-H face... lose this parasite & get a illegal immigrant kid... you will get paid for the central American but this jerk is a pro-bono, forever money-pit...at least until he gets a long detox program forced on him

hell I rather put up with a MS13 youth that I could Taser if that A-H got testy

Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services, and found that for those willing to a take in a child under the age of 16, you can receive up to $854.00 tax free per month.

For those taking in a child over 16, the total is $1,008.00 per month in reimbursement.

If you have a 5 bedroom house and can take in as many as 6 children, you can receive reimbursement of up to $6,054.00 per month tax free.

that's the provocative info...BUT

if you notice~~~ the math don't add up ~~~ 6 young adults (hopefully not Jihadists) @ $1,008 per month is actually $6048. NOT $6054. month
edit on th31140521813812222014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
Yeah... I told the Old Lady that .... the $6 grand thing....as a valid reason to oust the dead-beat grandson that thinks our mission in life is to provide that pos a good living arrangement

the moron dropped out of HS at 16.... because he 'knew' he had the world-by-the-bolls
and that was almost 8 years ago!

the old lady & the mother...are suckers for BS & will not throw him on the street, where he belongs, and where he has a chance to 'shape-up'

I said it loud & to his A-H face... lose this parasite & get a illegal immigrant kid... you will get paid for the central American but this jerk is a pro-bono, forever money-pit...at least until he gets a long detox program forced on him

hell I rather put up with a MS13 youth that I could Taser if that A-H got testy

Not sure where you were going with that, but I can sympathize and you also gave me a good laugh!

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

glad it was not that Shaden Freudin thing
(enjoying the misery of others)

Bitte'

edit on th31140521684112002014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
OP shouldhave called the phn number on the ad before posting. Do some intel work. This isjust speculation, because there's no digging.
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than his predecessors.
And the border seems secure, enough, to catch all these people. Is a "closed" border what some people mean when theysay "secure our border"?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
OP shouldhave called the phn number on the ad before posting. Do some intel work. This isjust speculation, because there's no digging.
Obama has deported more illegal immigrants than his predecessors.
And the border seems secure, enough, to catch all these people. Is a "closed" border what some people mean when theysay "secure our border"?

You say that Obama has deported more illegals than his predecessors, but that has been proven to be false information in another thread. There have been so many threads on illegal immigration so I don't remember exactly which one it was in.

The border seems secure enough? LOL Oh my! Over the years we have had millions upon millions of illegals coming through. Not very secure in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger
He has not deported more, he cooked the books by changing the definition of deportation. They now count people that are turned away from entering at the border as deportation.

If you are really interested in how secure the southern border is, look for dennis michael lynch on youtube.
"They come to america" and "They come to america II" are documentaries he did, they are available on torrent sites if you are into that.
edit on Sun, 13 Jul 2014 10:24:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ship 'em back to where they came from. Everybody with half a brain knows why this is being done. And if you don't, then you must be a democrat.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: kkrattiger
He has not deported more, he cooked the books by changing the definition of deportation. They now count people that are turned away from entering at the border as deportation.

If you are really interested in how secure the southern border is, look for dennis michael lynch on youtube.
"They come to america" and "They come to america II" are documentaries he did, they are available on torrent sites if you are into that.

Explain how "he" cooked the books.
My fault for not linking any info to back up my claim. Too many people make untrue assertions, which float around influencing other people.
I may be wrong about number of deportations, removals, returns... (Semantics to us, as they are all "gone" from the US as a result).
I am tired of people clamoring to "be heard" on AM radio or satellite radio talk shows, to say "SEND EM BACK" asif it's the answer. Ignorance does make problems easier to solve, if not in a way which addresses the problem.

In fiscal year 2013, the United States removed 368,644 people who were in the country without authorization. That’s down from a record 419,384 the year before. In 2012 — the last year for which federal statistics for both removals and returns are available — the US deported a total of 649,352 people, down from President Bill Clinton’s all-time high of 1,864,343 in fiscal year 2000.
I think that was from The Nation. According to that one source, I'm wrong. Should I take yalls word, too, to stand corrected, that Im wrong on the unfounded assertion in my first reply? If people here are fact-finders, and moderates, I have no problem doing so.
Back to the problem, which isn't easily solved by "send 'em back where they came from" "right now!":
2013 Immigration & Customs Enforcement

Changing Demographics of Border Apprehensions In FY 2013, the numbers of removals by ICE following a CBP apprehension increased, in part, due to the rise in the number of individuals apprehended by CBP officers and agents from countries other than Mexico. In FY 2012, 71,257 of the recent border crossers removed by ICE following a CBP apprehension were from countries other than Mexico. In FY 2013, this number rose by 27 percent to 90,461. This shift in the demographics of border apprehensions triggered an increase in ICE's use of its detention and removal resources for recent border crossers as CBP is only able to effectuate the return of individuals to Mexico.

One more thing. CHRISTIANS are meant to live lives of service, care for other people, hospitality to strangers, kindness, generosity, & graciousness. I NEVER hear anything of the sort come out of a politician's mouth re:immigration reform, when it's reaching a boiling point.
There's a way to be fair and just and not cast aside the ideals of being a beacon to the downtrodden. It takes cool heads and to be honest, term limits, probably.
I am so frustrated at the tack our publicly elected A*Hats have taken. Please let it get better!
edit on 13-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: BTW, I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
My half a brain thinks you mean to say that Obama went down to Honduras & Guatemala & told poor people to come to the U.S., even though many people you know are trying to move to El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Mexico, Nicaragua, and to countries in South America, just to escape the violence & poverty & mind-numbing lack of opportunity. Come the farthest distance, to US, and in the unlikely event you will ever be allowed to stay, & also become a citizen who votes, vote DEMOCRATIC."
Then he gets in his bullet-proof Towncar and drives himself away.
I'm sorry, but even this story played out more realistically, by policy decisions & omissions, is not realistic. I feel you do a disservice to the discussion by partisan-mongering. We are talking about people, not abstracted ideas.
a reply to: Freenrgy2

The same people who proudly claim America's Exceptionalism, get ticked off when people want to come here FOR THAT EXCEPTIONAL opportunity.
It's too hard to get in, legally, for a huge number of people. The ones who can get in legally, easily, are people who have never tried. We don't want those people! We want the ones who THIRST to be here. LET's CHANGE OUR POLICIES, Change Entitlements, & Reward Enterprising Illegals who Boost the Economy!!

edit on 13-7-2014 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, my husband and I have talked about adopting ... and they would certainly have to assimilate in this household - you know, learn English and stuff. But we'd want one who was young, no teenagers please.

Also, we'd want one that was thoroughly doctored and deloused beforehand.
edit on 13-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say it.

I gotta agree.

Looks like someone trying to cash in on the 'fundamental transformation' of America.

Mission Accomplished !

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
From The Guardian

The local CBS station in Dallas/Fort Worth reported that "four or five [US Border Patrol] agents have tested positive" for illnesses such as chicken pox or tuberculosis, ostensibly contracted at their border posts. With over 18,500 agents stationed along the Mexican border, the headline probably should have been something like "Border Patrol Agents Unusually Healthy Among Americans". Matt Drudge preferred, as usual, a more pernicious threat: BORDER PATROL AGENTS TEST POSITIVE FOR DISEASE CARRIED BY IMMIGRANTS.
a reply to: ketsuko

Is it possible, just entertain this notion, please- Is it POSSIBLE that some of your views on this issue are shaped by media which pushes an agenda? (By "your" I mean Everyone reading this.)

For MYSELF, & MY views, I admit it IS possible! I do not know for sure how I feel about ways to try to solve the current border issue. This issue is particularly rife with partisan "reports" as "news" and is a PRIME political opportunity for candidates and incumbents to rally their base, even while ignoring truth. BOTH SIDES do this.

Is it POSSIBLE your opinions are not as credible as they would be if you were cure they weren't formed by a media-relations political advisor to some member of Congress?

IS IT POSSIBLE?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join