It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keyword Manifesto

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would ignore hellobruce at this point, the dialog as strayed from polite debate to arguing. I do agree with what you are saying and infer that with current polls being what they are a majority of Americans agree with you as well. What we need as a people is leadership and creative figureheads of our own to start opening the eyes of the general population to what their responsibilities are for their freedoms. Freedom is not free and it take work by all to make sure it stays. We have for to long now thought that the words spoken by professional con men were true. We need to hold accountable all officials that are elected on promises of specific change but then they act in a way that is contrary to what they promised.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RagnarDanniskjold We need to hold accountable all officials that are elected on promises of specific change but then they act in a way that is contrary to what they promised.

Not only do they break the existing laws to meet their ends, they infringe on the natural, inalienable rights which are guaranteed every individual by the constitution.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Mon1k3r
I agree with you 100% and well said but the only reason they can get away with removing natural and inalienable rights, which are mine by just living, is if I am resigned to accepting their authority over me. The Bill of rights in my eyes is a document that details what is mine by birth no matter where I am. If I am to accept these rights as my own I must not ever believe someone has the power to take them away from me no matter what the majority of the population believes. I don't care democrat or republican, amended or not, the original bill of rights is a simplified code of what is mine and that no one can take those things from me.

I am the king of my castle and no one, voted for or not, has authority over my life and liberty but me. Everything not covered in the Bill of rights should be voted and decided on democratically.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I don't think he's saying to remove the "people he doesn't like", but to remove the people who are breaking the law. And there is a legal process in place for doing so, i believe. But it has to be the will of the people.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join