It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Museum of Fine Arts Boston, the Giza Archives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
For those interested in all things Ancient Egyptian and particular the Giza plateau this resource to every aspect of Giza may be of interest.

The Giza Archives

Does require a registration but is of course free

Contains an extensive collection of documents, books, images, maps, videos and you can submit your own research and items for inclusion.

Enjoy
edit on 11/7/14 by Hanslune because: corrected link name

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Wonderful, I bookmarked if for later research.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Is this simply a research based database as a result of grant appropriations or is it in conjunction with a current exhibition at MFA Boston? Is there a tie in with Reisner's excavations at the Giza plateau in the 1920's? I'm on an iPhone right now so trying to read the link is not terribly realistic on this tiny little screen.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Is this simply a research based database as a result of grant appropriations or is it in conjunction with a current exhibition at MFA Boston? Is there a tie in with Reisner's excavations at the Giza plateau in the 1920's? I'm on an iPhone right now so trying to read the link is not terribly realistic on this tiny little screen.

From a quick glance, I was very impressed with the people involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

My understanding is this project is the result of support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and they seemed to have highlighted.......

The single longest-running Giza excavation took place between 1902 and 1947, undertaken jointly by Harvard University and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA). Directed by George A. Reisner, the "Harvard–MFA Expedition" unearthed thousands of Giza artifacts, and amassed the largest archaeological documentary archive of any Giza expedition. This archive is housed primarily in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and, to a lesser extent, at Harvard University.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

You could lose hours in that website.

I've just been browsing through some of the images in photo archive and was surprised by how many of the photographs of burials were mislabelled or lack meaningful identification. Dozens of excavated burials, photographed with no ID.

I also notice that the site can't handle having two 'enlarge' windows open at the same time on one account. It works fine with just one at a time. Once I get the hang of the site, it'll be easier to look for whatever takes my fancy.

One of my first impressions is the sheer number of photographs in one place is startling. Thousands and thousands of them! All of Reisner's articles as pdfs too. The open-access exemplifies the ethos behind museums. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Flag whore!

Harte

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Yep they plucked images out of old studies but didn't cite where they came, about 28,000 images I believe

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Flag whore!

Harte

Says the envious gentleman with a mere unspectacular 64 flags

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Flag whore!

Harte

Point taken.

Now, check my star count, puny mortal!

Harte

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Flag whore!

Harte

Point taken.

Now, check my star count, puny mortal!

Harte

Well the NWO pays well in brownie points for its best ACE debunkers!

new topics

top topics

join