It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking At Our Border Problem Differently. We Could Have It All Wrong!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Would it really be that bad if their government OK'd it?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754
I have noticed this, too. Illegal immigrants are nothing new in Texas, but it used to be mainly men coming here to work so they could send money back to their families. There is something fishy going on.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Then we see the American people looking for open hearts.

benswann.com...

Flat-out bribery. Tax-free? Might as well be handing out stacks of 100s in a brown paper bag.

My main issue with this is the fact that its a slap in the face to those who have bent over backwards and jumped through years of hoops to immigrate legally.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Honestly, due to the cut-throat nature of competition between the cartels, its best to just let them keep taking themselves out.

Its like weeding your lawn, you shouldn't expect results just cutting them off at the surface, five more will pop up to take their place. Have to kill the root.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

benswann.com...

Flat-out bribery. Tax-free? Might as well be handing out stacks of 100s in a brown paper bag.

My main issue with this is the fact that its a slap in the face to those who have bent over backwards and jumped through years of hoops to immigrate legally.

And a slap in the face to every desperately poor, hungry and homeless citizen.

For too many years have we seen illegals catered to and their importance placed above everyone else.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

benswann.com...

Yet, with this broken system and humanitarian crisis, can't some good come from this?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

What good could possibly come from this? The illegals are overwhelming the system. There is a negative impact on so many levels and so much deceit and fraud. We can't even find places that can afford to take these people in. If we can't afford to take care of our own homeless and hungry, we have no business taking in foreigners and helping them every step of the way. Most of these new illegals are not little kids, they are mostly young men bordering on adulthood and adults. We don't have enough jobs for the people already here.

Illegals are a negative impact on our schools, hospitals, welfare system...

Where may I ask is the good in any of this?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

benswann.com...

Yet, with this broken system and humanitarian crisis, can't some good come from this?

Nothing good can come from this. Some of these kids will end up in prison at some point. Some of the girls are going to get sex trafficked. Some of them are going to die to street violence. Some of them will end up homeless. Where is the silver lining?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well, I know what will become of these kids once they are sent back, why not ask the kids if they want to take a chance, a gamble with their life in America?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sad situation, but Obama LLC caused the whole fiasco.

Starting with the failure of the Dream Act, then the ultra jealousy and grudges.

Then with the DreamerMemo.

Then with the side action in the Central American countries.

The rumors fueled themselves.

Now we see the perfectly timed mass onslaught.

And we see a perfectly orchestrated mix of selective enforcement and preferred Executive Privilege.

What President Obama’s immigration speech tells us about 2012

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If they are willing to die for a better life in America they should be willing to die for a better life in their own country and change things. Our citizens don't want them here bad enough to go defend the borders themselves. People in the middle east stood up to armies and had bombs dropped on them demanding a better government. Why do they get to run away from their problems? The issue isn't that there are people that want to migrate here. The issue is that the government is complicit in helping them enter the country illegally and reap all sorts of rewards. And handing out stacks of cash to people willing to help house them. All at our expense. Ever heard the saying taking kindness for weakness? Giving and inch and someone taking a mile? I think both of those phrases apply here.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754
The fathers are already hear illegally. That's why just the women and children. Now they'll make an anchor baby and they stay. The legal charade will take at least long enough for them to make one. This has all been planned.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch

If they are willing to die for a better life in America they should be willing to die for a better life in their own country and change things. Our citizens don't want them here bad enough to go defend the borders themselves. People in the middle east stood up to armies and had bombs dropped on them demanding a better government. Why do they get to run away from their problems? The issue isn't that there are people that want to migrate here. The issue is that the government is complicit in helping them enter the country illegally and reap all sorts of rewards. And handing out stacks of cash to people willing to help house them. All at our expense. Ever heard the saying taking kindness for weakness? Giving and inch and someone taking a mile? I think both of those phrases apply here.

But, yes, some of your citizens are willing to take them into their homes and assume the responsibility, so I say point your pitch forks towards the guy who can allocate your tax money in the place you want it allocated.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

But they aren't willing to assume the full cost are they? They are willing to get paid by the government basically welfare. Why aren't they offering their homes to homeless american children? Why should they recieve money and emergency assitance that people who paid into the system can't get. The fact that people think they should get any sore of preferential treatment is absurd. We already spend about 2 trillion dollars we don't have every year here lately. And we have to pay interest on that plus the old money. So now we are borrowing money for the poor of other countries. I thought people that had to borrow money were poor to begin with. Of course people will open their homes of to them with government assistance. How many will do it and pay for it out of their own checking accounts? How many will spend their cash at the grocery store to feed them and not request food stamps. HOw many will pay their doctor bills. Who is going to subsidize their obama care? It's going to bankrupt us. I wouldn't let my house get foreclosed on because I picked up a hitchhiker and decided to help him get on his feet.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Fargoth

One may never know the reasons for the madness going on today. I would rather look into something at any angle then just take what they give to us.

Just another take on it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rustyclutch

Good questions, but you would have to interview those specific people that are stepping forward 'now' to make a difference - human crisis.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Well, I know what will become of these kids once they are sent back, why not ask the kids if they want to take a chance, a gamble with their life in America?

You fail to address our own desperately poor people wanting a better life. How do you ignore them while giving foreigners a better chance at life with jobs, food, medical, cheap housing???? Why give someone else's kids a chance when so many of our own are falling through the cracks, sleeping in the streets, homeless and hungry???? There is no justification in placing another's child above your own.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You fail to address our own desperately poor people wanting a better life. How do you ignore them while giving foreigners a better chance at life with jobs, food, medical, cheap housing???? Why give someone else's kids a chance when so many of our own are falling through the cracks, sleeping in the streets, homeless and hungry???? There is no justification in placing another's child above your own.

As previously noted, they are gambling their life in the U.S., there is no guarantee of a better life, but I simply put forth the question to the kids..."Do you want to go back home, or try (work very hard) here?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

A created crisis. If there were repercussions for crossing that border instead of the land of milk and honey they would do it the right way. Furthermore the people that created this crisis already have blood on their hands because the train they ride in on derailed and killed a bunch of them. People are dying trying to get here. People you arent hearing about. All because people in our government have an agenda. When you look at the outcome of this manufactured crisis will be......it will be the bankrupting of America and the further decline of society.

ETA they need to go back home. Plain and simple. If I ran my household like they ran this country I woulda been homeless a long time ago. You cant keep spending money you dont have indefinitely. Helping people when realistically you don't know how you are going to pay your own bills. At some point your sense of self preservation has to kick in.
edit on 11-7-2014 by rustyclutch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join