It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'v seen this doing the rounds on a couple of news sites so thought I'd share it here. I know most are correct, some are new to me so I'm not certain if it happened that way. But never the less it made an interesting read & research on. I have no idea who initially wrote this so I'm unable to provide a source or anything, but do have a read because it is interesting.

These are the questions, do you know the answer?

Question: Which country alone in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?

Question: Which country in the Middle East has just recently used a weapon of mass destruction, a one-ton smart bomb, dropping it in the center of a highly populated area killing civilians including children?

Question: What country in the Middle East was cited by Amnesty International fordemolishing more than 4000 innocent Palestinian homes as a means of ethnic cleansing?

Question: What country on Planet Earth has the second most powerful lobby in the United States , according to a recent Fortune magazine survey of Washington insiders?

Question: Which country in the Middle East receives U.S. weapons for free and then sells the technology to the Republic of China even at the objections of the U.S. ?

Question: Which country in the Middle East regularly violates the Geneva Convention by imposing collective punishment on entire towns, villages, and camps, for the acts of a few, and even goes as far as demolishing entire villages while people are still in their homes?

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely kills young Palestinian children for no reason other than throwing stones at armored vehicles, bulldozers, or tanks?

Question: Which country in the Middle East refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars international inspections?

Question: Which country in the Middle East seized the sovereign territory of other nations by military force and continues to occupy it in defiance of United Nations Security Council resolutions?

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely violates the international borders of another sovereign state with warplanes and artillery and naval gunfire?

Question: What American ally in the Middle East has for years sent assassins into other countries to kill its political enemies (a practice sometimes called exporting terrorism)?

Question: In which country in the Middle East have high-ranking military officers admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war were executed?

Question: What country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

Question: What country in the Middle East created millions of refugees and refuses to allow them to return to their homes, farms and businesses?

Question: What country in the Middle East refuses to pay compensation to people whose land, bank accounts and businesses it confiscated?

Question: In what country in the Middle East was a high-ranking United Nations diplomat assassinated?

Question: In what country in the Middle East did the man who ordered the assassination of a high-ranking U.N. diplomat become prime minister?

Question: What country in the Middle East blew up an American diplomatic facility in Egypt and attacked a U.S. ship, the USS Liberty, in international waters, killing 34 and wounding 171 American sailors?

Question: What country in the Middle East employed a spy, Jonathan Pollard, to steal classified documents from USA and then gave some of them to the Soviet Union ?

Question: What country at first denied any official connection to Pollard, then voted to make him a citizen and has continuously demanded that the American president grant Pollard a full pardon?

Question: What Middle East country allows American Jewish murderers to flee to its country to escape punishment in the United States and refuses to extradite them once in their custody?

Question: What Middle East country preaches against hate yet builds a shrine and a memorial for a murderer who killed 29 Palestinians while they prayed in their Mosque.?

Question: Which country in the Middle East deliberately targeted a civilian U.N. Refugee Camp in Qana , Lebanon and killed 103 innocent men, women, and especially children?

Question: Which country in the Middle East is in defiance of 69 United Nations Security Council resolutions and has been protected from 29 more by U.S. votes?

Question: Which country in the Middle East receives more than one-third of all U.S. aid to the world yet is the 16th richest country in the world?

Question: Which country in the Middle East had its Prime Minister announce to his staff not to worry about what the United States says because "We control America ?"

Question: Which country in the Middle East signed the Oslo Accords promising to halt any new Jewish Settlement construction, but instead, has built more than 270 new settlements since the signing?

Question: Which country in the Middle East has assassinated more than 100 political officials of its opponent in the last 2 years while killing hundreds of civilians in the process, including dozens of children?

-----------------------

The answer is Israel. But I'm sure you knew that already(?)

What Israel is doing over there is completely wrong, you don't have to be Palestinian, Muslim or have any particular political point of view. You just have to be human to see what is happening is not right.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: n00bUK

Question: Which country alone in the Middle East has nuclear weapons?

I didn't realize Pakistan and India were considered outside the Middle east.

??

Question: Which country in the Middle East routinely violates the international borders of another sovereign state with warplanes and artillery and naval gunfire?

Question: What American ally in the Middle East has for years sent assassins into other countries to kill its political enemies (a practice sometimes called exporting terrorism)?

Question: In which country in the Middle East have high-ranking military officers admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war were executed?

Question: What country in the Middle East refuses to prosecute its soldiers who have acknowledged executing prisoners of war?

The collective answer to these questions?

ALL OF THEM.

Question: Which country in the Middle East had its Prime Minister announce to his staff not to worry about what the United States says because "We control America ?"

This isn't even true, it's just a hoax on the internet.

yeah OK, I don't like the GOVERNMENT of Israel as much as the next guy, but poor argument on your side.

Question: Which country in the Middle East has assassinated more than 100 political officials of its opponent in the last 2 years while killing hundreds of civilians in the process, including dozens of children?

Again, ALL OF THEM.

~Tenth
edit on 7/11/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK
I'v seen this doing the rounds on a couple of news sites so thought I'd share it here.
I have no idea who initially wrote this so I'm unable to provide a source or anything, but do have a read because it is interesting.

You can provide the source of where YOU saw it. It doesn't have to be the original source. I would appreciate a source to read it over there.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The *Real* answers might be amazing.

And hard to argue or debate.

Waiting for interesting rebuttals.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yes, I was calling shenanigans when I saw that Pakistan wasn't considered to be in the ME. They and India have nukes just like Israel.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

And Another Question:

If Palestine and Hamas laid down their weapons what would happen? Their would be peace.

Last Question:

If Israel laid down their weapons what would happen? They would be wiped off of the face of the earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

That's just hyperbolic.

But you know that.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I may have a different opinion on opening posts than you do, so forgive me if I seem to be casting aspersions. Put it down to a difference of opinion.

I would not (outside of a rant, gray area, or something similar) write, "I'm going to make a bunch of charges against a country. In my opinion they're right, but who knows?" I (and again, it's just my taste) like to do a little research into things before I offer them as a post, let alone an OP.

Besides, while I suppose it's technically correct to call them questions, they're really just restatements of claims heard all the time. Let's look at some.

Which country in the Middle East receives more than one-third of all U.S. aid to the world yet is the 16th richest country in the world?
None of them Especially not Israel. Israel is ranked 31st in the world on GDP per capita, and considering Cost of Living. (Using the actual data provided by the World Bank.)

It is beaten by Qatar, Kuwait, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Bahrain.
Rich countries

Total aid? Afghanistan gets four times the amount of aid that Israel gets. Iraq and Egypt combined, get as much aid as Isarel does.
en.wikipedia.org...

Question: Which country in the Middle East has just recently used a weapon of mass destruction, a one-ton smart bomb, dropping it in the center of a highly populated area killing civilians including children?

Do you mean this, from 2002:

In July of 2002, for example, Israeli forces dropped a one-ton bomb into an apartment building; it killed not only the Hamas activist the Israelis were trying to assassinate, but also his wife and 16 other civilians, among them nine
children.

lists.topica.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Progressive portal

FARS New Agency reported that Iran has developed a new optically guided 1 Ton smart bomb it has named Qader the bomb can be deployed on Iran's F-4 or F-5 jets.

In September the regime showed off the bomb to the public for the first time accompanied with numerous anti-Israel slogans in a military parade.

This new smart bomb has a range of 1,100 miles and can strike targets throughout Israel and is sufficient to put U.S. bases in the region at risk

And this was seven years ago.
cristyli.blogspot.com...

Question: What country in the Middle East was cited by Amnesty International fordemolishing more than 4000 innocent Palestinian homes as a means of ethnic cleansing?
Now there's a bit of dramatic writing. Would AI have been happy if it were shown that they were "Guilty" homes? What in the world is an "Innocent" home, or is it just an excuse to get "innocent" used?

You can have ethnic cleansing by demolishing 4000 homes? I suppose that's what we're doing in Detroit? Besides, this isn't last weeks news:

More than 18,000 Palestinian homes have been demolished by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) since 1967.
More than 4,000 of those homes were demolished after September 2000.
From September 2000 until 2004, over 2,500 homes were demolished in Gaza; 1,600 of those were located in Rafah, a 2.5 mile long strip of land along the border of southern Gaza.

So the average, through a period of ten wars is about 450 homes demolished per year. Ethnic cleansing. B as in "B," S as in "S."
ccrjustice.org...

And the Liberty? America had assured the world that the 6th Fleet, of which the Liberty was a part was a long way away. The message to the Liberty to withdraw was sent on a frequency they didn't normally listen to, and was buried under a flood of higher priority traffic. The Israeli's saw the Liberty where they had been assured that no ship would be. Israel's fault? America's fault? Most likely both.

I think I've put in enough time on this. Another "I hate Israel" thread. But I don't blame you, this same list is showing up in dozens of small, progressive blogs. I even saw it displayed on the RT Facebook site. Not a surprise that it caught your attention.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

It always appears to me there are no problems until the rockets start to fly or there is a bombing, kidnapping, etc into Israel. Then they retaliate and somehow they are made out to be the bad guy. Some years over 300 rockets fly into Israel, since Jan. over a hundred have been launched.

And just how many Leaders of Islam do they have on video now that say they want to wipe Israel off the face of the earth? If they laid down their arms do you think it wouldn't happen?

The questions were proposed with two possible answers, call it hyperbole if you wish I say it reduces conjecture. There are several questions that just require one answer or another, Attorneys and courts love yes and no. Conjecture seems to be the rule of thumb when it comes to Israel. I think there is one thing you can say for sure if Israel was unarmed there wouldn't be an Israel. And that was the point.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Israel. BAD. Countries that encourage fathers to slice a girls throat from ear to ear for wearing a mylie cyrus tee shrit. GOOD. Yes? Got it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is not about Israel; this is about the USA. The USA, my USA, is the lifeline to Israel. The necessary change to this decades old abomination lies squarely in the US Congress and President. This is a formidable task, and justice is lost in the flow of blood. Today, July 11, 2014, as I write this, the savage murder of 3 Israeli teens has been matched by the equally savage murder of over 100 Palestinians. How do we stem the flow of blood?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

Your post baffles me (as do so many others) and I need your help with it. If I may rearrange your sentences, it may help explain my confusion.

Today, July 11, 2014, as I write this, the savage murder of 3 Israeli teens has been matched by the equally savage murder of over 100 Palestinians.

This is not about Israel; this is about the USA. The USA, my USA, is the lifeline to Israel. The necessary change to this decades old abomination lies squarely in the US Congress and President.

How do we stem the flow of blood?

Taken all together, this seems to say that Israel and the Palestinians are equally at fault. The US has the power to choke Israel by cutting off foreign aid (and maybe banning all transactions involving Israel). And it is necessary for the US Congress and President to make changes in how it treats Israel, otherwise the Middle-East conflict will continue.

So when you ask "How do we stem the flow of blood?" you seem to be asking, rhetorically, how does the US stop the Middle-East conflict. Diplomacy hasn't worked. Are you thinking of financial sanctions? Against whom? I suspect you'd say "Israel."

Are you thinking of military actions? Against whom? I suspect you'd say "Israel."

Please clarify my understanding.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
Hello Charles, Your questions are quite compelling indeed. I have no answers. The conflagration that we witness is rooted
in ancient history. The most that you and I can hope for is to hope or pray that our leaders genuinely seek peace and harmony. There is no goal more righteous.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Dear Diderot,

I ask this sincerely and with the intention of creating a meaningful conversation (and possibly an internet friendship).

(Please forgive my obviousness. If I make a mistake it will be easier to catch.) I would think that the goal is to remove the desire for Israel and the rest of the Middle-East to fight each other. Or, at least to reduce the desire to fight to something that can be outweighed by other issues.

Why do they have the desire to fight? My guess is that Israel has developed a kind of paranoia, partially justified by the fact that it does seem that everyone is out to get them. On the other hand, the rest of the neighborhood seems to be using a religious mania requiring that Israel be replaced by a Muslim country. The " We' ll kill ourselves for the glory of killing one Jew" kind of thinking.

One thing that worries me is the thought that many Muslims might be being used by the Islamic bosses as a zealot army of killers, not for religion, but for some other cause, we don't know. It might even be as simple as Islamic Country Z wanting to conquer Israel, but if they use their own forces, they'll be "glassified" (I kind of like that word). By getting anonymous killers and landless peasants to fight for them, they can watch the show in relative safety.

Sorry for going on so long but, to me, it seems important to have an idea just why they want to blow up each other's piece of sand.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hello again Charles my friend, I believe that this dilemma, this conundrum, will one day pass. Why? Because I call myself a progressive, and progress is the path that lifts humanity above the lesser creatures of this earth. We must understand that even today, in 2014, you and I are still feral primates that live by the law of nature. Humanity has come so far, but we are still so primitive. Are we so much more advanced than a tribe of Bonobo monkeys? I hate to seem so discouraging; I guess it is just a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Dear Diderot,

I appreciate your optimism.

Other than technologically, I'm not sure we have progressed. Are we wiser, more caring, less self-centered? Is our art more inspiring, our stories more meaningful? I don't think there's a slam dunk case for progress.

Further, because we are technologically advanced, I sincerely doubt (and I think you do too, really) that the Middle-East situation will resolve itself through a kind of social evolution, before the whole place goes up in smoke.

I guess that makes me something other than a progressive. I admire your deep faith though.

Ooops! Another thought. If "progress" will eventually make us better, more noble creatures, do you think that every change is good? By that I mean, is there good progress and bad progress? If bad progress is possible, what standard, what authority, do you use to tell you that a particular piece of progress is "good."

I'd hate to try to answer that. I can't see a logical answer.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Hello again Charles my friend, I believe that this dilemma, this conundrum, will one day pass. Why? Because I call myself a progressive, and progress is the path that lifts humanity above the lesser creatures of this earth. We must understand that even today, in 2014, you and I are still feral primates that live by the law of nature. Humanity has come so far, but we are still so primitive. Are we so much more advanced than a tribe of Bonobo monkeys? I hate to seem so discouraging; I guess it is just a matter of time.

Interesting outlook indeed.

But how does "Progressivism" react to the massive worldwide debt that plagues practically every Nation?

I assume you understand that the worldwide central banking system is "Progressive".

What will the "Progressive" answer be when the big bubble pops?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Maybe it's just you and me, but there is no way I would call the central banking system "progressive".
I will eagerly agree that our system is controlled by Wall Street. Dem & Rep, they all kiss the ring in the nose of that bull on Wall Street. That's a given. I guess that I am a pragmatic tree hugger. I choose to support a Democrat with the goal of moving the party/administration/congress less rightward. And you? Do you have a horse in the race?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The central banks perhaps are a secondary issue.

but these questions ?

But how does "Progressivism" react to the massive worldwide debt that plagues practically every Nation?

What will the "Progressive" answer be when the big bubble pops?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Dear Charles, I hope that you will forgive me for this, but:

"I guess that makes me something other than a progressive."

There is one thing and only one thing that is not progressive. And that is regressive.
And you, Charles my friend, are not regressive.
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you are a Progressive!

Seriously though, I am convinced that you are a big fan of human progress.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join