It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Thought Nuclear Armageddon Had Just Begun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Nice one. Didn't see the ending coming.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Artanis667

Wow. Riveting.

Not sure what you really saw, but I'm sure a bunch of ATSers will have theories. But that's not the most captivating part of your story. This is the section that got to me:

Time felt like it had stopped. I looked over at my buddy C and said "Looks like this is it" and he gave me the most haunting look. We didn't know what to do, there was nothing I could do but accept that this may be it and continue watching. It was a very strange feeling of conflicting motives, I wanted to run but I knew there was no point. I was overwhelmed by a feeling after that realization that this could not be it. We cannot die, here, now. Maybe a last minute subconscious defense mechanism allowing me to maintain, not sure but I did all I could do. Sat back down and watched.

Gives me shivers. Very nicely written.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Whenever the emergency alert system does that annoying sound over my radio...I immediately expect a voice to tell me this is a test.
The other day, it just seemed to take a long time after the alert came on did the voice come on and say 'this is a test'
My first thought was an amber alert, as they have used this system for that before, the only other times I've heard it not actually be a test is in cases of severe weather, that we don't get a lot of out here in PNW
So, the other day, when the alarm went off, and it was an extra long wait before the all clear this is a test
My thoughts went to what if a dirty bomb? and what are the wind directions from the big city

But it was a test, and so ATS induced fear hallucinations were halted for another day

X

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Artanis667

Not bad, but here is what The Minute Before The End really looks like.

what you see before WW3

The splitting of the missile into MIRV's happens in space and cannot be observed. You can see the rocket go up for a few minutes, then some time of invisibility, and then a few thousand miles away, something like the above.

It looks like a meteorite going very straight. In the above video, they are going very very very fast and high when you can first see them. If these are the latest Russian re-entry vehicles then they may be controlled hypersonic aircraft and not entirely ballistic, meaning that they're moving slower and in a less predictable way to evade counter missiles.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
One morning, I woke up to a loud roaring sound and I thought it was some kind of attack and I went outside to look and saw a trolley going down the street. The city had just re-instated trolley service to that street after not running for years.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I remember one time i was taking a walk to the shop and i heard a rumbling that was getting louder and louder until it got to the point that I had to duck, i didnt know which direction it was coming from only that it was heading straight for me, I seriously thought a meteor had hit or something, it was actually some kind of fighter jet flying extremely slow, I just remember seing this cat that was close by and also #ting itself, we just stared at each other, i'm sure we would have hugged as death approached if we were closer.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Can't say as I have, really...

...and I spent a good portion of my childhood on, or near, US Strategic Air Command Bases. I remember seeing those planes take off.

As an adult? No, not really. Will that change in the future? God alone knows...I pray not. But with nations whose future stability is questionable working to have the Bomb? It may happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
When I was a teenager I had a tv in my room with cable that I left on when I would go to bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night as they were showing live shots of Israel and missile launches,
then it broke into the news saying there was a nuclear strike in the middle east, and then....chaos.

The EBS system went off...and so did I.
I totally freaked out!

I think it is funny now, but I was probably as close as a teenager can come to a heart attack! it scared me so bad that I ran out into the living room and just pointed at the tv and couldn't say anything....
my mom was sleeping on the couch and I managed to get out an OH my God loud enough to wake her up and I just kept pointing at the tv and shaking/crying.
It was on the same channel in the living room.

They were showing a live shot of the white house and then it dawned on me that although it was 3 am, the sun was up on the live shot...

It was some sort of what if scenario they were running on late night TV.
I wonder sometimes if that ever happened to anyone else...lol
edit on 16-7-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join