It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quit "looking up" and start "looking facts up".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Avoiceinthewilderness

If you ever get worried about it, you can do some research into which planes are leaving those trails and find out where they are going. (Use an app like FR24) if you like, just ask and any of the evil debunkers will gladly assist you.

My OP was only offering some ways for people to verify what they are being told. Unless you are fine and don't need any verification.

If you ever do see a contrail that reaches to the ground, we would all love to see it, as that seems to be an impossibility.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity
WAKE UP and look up.

I am as awake as I can be and I still am having a hard time finding any truth in your claim that our air was anything other than 21% Oxygen since a very long time ago. (thousands of years, not WW2) I am happy to admit to being wrong, so please bring me your proof. Then I will have learned something incredible. Otherwise, if you made that statement in error, please let us know. thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I was using memory when I stated oxygen% in ww2, I am trying to find it but my main point is the resent oxygen drop and the lack of media coverage.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Denying chemtrails make the most boring threads on ATS.

Yawn...

Yeah yeah, your subjective opinion is better than the subjective opinion of others.

Well my God is the right God and yours is wrong. :rolleyes:

Aww, I am sorry. I guess I should have made the OP easier to read. (maybe typed it slower?) It was about how you can verify some of the things you are told to believe. I am at a bit of a loss as to why the group of adamant chemtrail believers would be so much against that. Do you have something against people checking the facts displayed by the chemtrail pushers?

Are you afraid someone might check the photos of planes and find they aren't filled with chem spray barrels? My God, once they see that tiny white lie, they might decide to check into cloud formation. And we all know that data has been hijacked by "the man". Silly folks are trying to make people believe contrails and clouds are Ice Crystals. (ice crystals! BWahahahahaha) Lunacy.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

Yes oxygen levels in the water are directly connected to oxygen in the air.Where do you think the water takes on oxygen from ....the moon?

Where does that article say that the oxygen levels are connected to those in the air?

It doesn't because they are not. You do not know what you are talking about.

Warmer water can hold less oxygen than colder water. That is why it says there could be a link to global warming.

I was using memory when I stated oxygen% in ww2, I am trying to find it but my main point is the resent oxygen drop and the lack of media coverage.

There is no recent oxygen drop. Some inner city air samples contain slightly depleted levels of oxygen but that is a purely local effect due to pollution at ground level.

The atmosphere still contains 21% oxygen just as it has for thousands upon thousands of years.

What are your scientific qualifications?
edit on 13-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: supergravity
While there is deforestation, I'm led to believe it's not a serious problem. Most of the Co2 increases related to AGW are coming from the burning of fossil fuels, not deforestation.

Look here:
phys.org - More people means more plant growth, NASA data shows...

Specifically, populated areas that have undergone intensive land use showed increasing plant greenness and productivity during the study period from 1981 to 2010. The research was published June 18 in Remote Sensing.
In short, areas with a human footprint have seen plant productivity increase. In contrast, areas with a minimal human footprint – rangelands and wildlands – saw close to no change.

I don't understand it completely, but it does seem to say that humans are not causing a massive deforestation. In fact, it appears they're making the planet greener. that's my interpretation of what I read.

I have heard however if all the plants and plankton were to die tomorrow, it'd take 11 years for the oxygen to be depleted on Earth.
edit on 13-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You obviously do not know what you are talking about, TRY researching dead zones around the world, mass fish kills etc.
OXYGEN IS DROPPING .

And you should have done a better job at your research...

Those tests show the water is clean. He says the lack of oxygen that caused the fish to go belly up was something that just happens at times, especially during a change in seasons: "As temperatures cool down and the water temperature cools down this time of year, you get a mixing of that anoxic layer of water with the rest of the water, and it depletes the level of oxygen in the water."

www.ktvn.com...

Oxygen dropping because of the change of the water temp and nothing to do with anything in the sky.

Here you go dead zones and I don't see Nevada as being one...

So are they in a special dead zone nobody knows about except you?

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Also you have to remember that contrary to popular myth, mature forests are NOT significant producers of oxygen.

The amount of oxygen they produce is pretty much offset by the amount they consume.

The majority of oxygen in the air is generated by marine plankton.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48
Thanks for the comments.

Here's a link I find relating to what you stated about mature forests not producing net oxygen:
boards.straightdope.com - Post #3...
boards.straightdope.com - Post #6...

So in that post he's saying in a closed environment like a spaceship they wouldn't want oxygen net production. This is because they want oxygen levels to be consistent. So if they used plankton, they'd want to make sure some decayed and so it was neutral - like by eating it. On Earth, by contrast, it sinks and leaves the cycle so thus becomes a net producer, as opposed to a consumer or a gross producer.

I've also read mature forests do not act as efficient carbon sinks. As a matter of fact, I think I read somewhere they can become co2 sources. This is why it's not bad to log them in 20-40 year cycles. It actually ameks em better sinks and also benefits the industry, supplying us lumber. Their function on Earth is mainly biodiversity? Jungles are an example.

That's what learning is really about. Everyone chiming in. A lot of us, including myself, have a lot to learn.
edit on 13-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: waynos

Why Are you so NAIVE , oxygen is dropping no matter if you put your head in the sand or not.Why call me a fear monger for posting on one of the most important subjects .....life giving oxygen?

I notice you didn't quote the source for that piece of rubbish.

Well, anyone who reads it can easily spot the pseudoscience buzzwords. "Cutting edge researchers"? "Many scientists now believe"? "Ongoing research by scientists"? No names, no citations, no facts. Just vague scare tactics about the oxygen levels being higher in prehistoric times. Yes, when humans hadn't even evolved.

Sure enough, I just searched for that text and what do you know? It's cut-and-paste fodder that appears on several websites selling "oxygen boosting" quack remedies!

www.boo2st.com...

Which is advertising crap like this: www.boo2st.com...

H2O-BOO2ST® Energy Drink is a powerful blend of NATURAL energizing herbs, minerals, metabolic enhancers & oxygenators combined to yield an immediate & sustained energy surge, heightened mental alertness, reduced muscle cramping & fatigue, as well as to facilitate the burning of stored fat for body fuel.

So, totally unbiased then?

Tell me, are you in the business of selling fraudulent health products, or are you just willing to swallow anything you read on scam sites?
edit on 13-7-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well then. So far you have attacked me for not getting out enough, attacked my understanding of physics and now called me naive.

The fact you have done this rather than try to confront me on the information I've written says far more about you than it says about me.

If you want to be taken in by (or are you promoting?) the words of quack snake oil salesmen out to profit from the weak minded and gullible, that's your business, but you might want to ponder the irony of the insults your flinging at people by comparison with the content of your posts in this thread.

In a nutshell,whose post on oxygen levels was factually incorrect and whose was accurate? Yours or mine?

Just sayin'

edit on 13-7-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude.......
You claim to set the record strait on chem-trails but you dont even know the earth is about to suffocate from the displacement of oxygen from exhaust of jets,cars ,etc and now the destruction of the trees are accelerating it.

that would be because it is nonsense.
your quoted article noticeably omits that 35% is the highest we know the O2 level to have been, but for most of history of life on this planet it was below 20%

Moreover the changes in levels to get between these happen over millions of years -see here - or a full paper here .

You will find mention of the depletion of the partial pressure of atmospheric O2 in this discussion on CO2 - but it points out that the drop in partial pressure is actually much less than was expected from the increase in anthropogenic gas output.

I am sorry to say that you have been suckered in by yet another dishonest scaremonger.

edit on 13-7-2014 by Aloysius the Gaul because: remove picture - no need to copy it.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

So, what you're saying is...
Trust the internet, not your instincts!

LMAO
I'll get right on that.
LOL

So you looked up one day and said "must be chemtrails" and left it at that. Brilliant.
You don't need to research anything. You are right where you need to be.

Someone thought of this subject (in some depth) as a viable forum and required an Icon to describe its FORUM content.

That icon... Tell me, is it blue (for Science and Technology topics) or red (for Conspiracy Theory topics)?

This is a random question; the icon is PINK (fuchsia) actually) neither blue (for Science and Technology) or red (for CT topics) otherwise would result in a (deep violet) unless a bunch of titanium white was added. This forum is Geo-Engineering and Chemtrail formation. As a truth knower of how the universe was formed out of frequencies of sound and color collided with energy this is a no brainer.
edit on 13-7-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: totallackey

originally posted by: Avoiceinthewilderness

I believe in observation.

When you wake up and see checker board skies and the trails spread making it to the ground, makes you wonder. Don't live by an airport so why so busy? Watched 3 planes at same altitude at the same time with the middle one's trails disappearing shortly after the plane while the others lingered and spread getting larger coming towards the ground. Red and white planes seem to be the best at it.

So anybody can say anything but the facts remain which are variables from the norm. I never seen a contrail spread and make it to the ground when I was a kid and I loved looking at planes in the sky. New fuel? It should be cleaner not dirtier. For what ever the reasons if cemtrails are true, life on this planet is short and only 100 years ago the average lifespan was 46 years old for men and for women 48. Now it's over 70 for men and 80 for women. We could go back to when they did nothing and had no tech but nature shortened life not man.

I wouldn't get too worried until we see the trend of dying older change to dying younger.

Just a thought.

And I believe I would like to see you prove the contrail made it to the ground...Furthermore, once you are done proving this, go get me that pot of gold at the end of every rainbow...we will be rich...I just want one piece out of each pot...you can keep the rest...or you can be a selfish sob and keep all of it yourself...

I've only seen the tic-tac-toe formations in the sky (not by commercial jets too low or cropdusters too high) just the dusting of the topiaries and livestock that needed to be sprayed off (you have to experience it to believe it).

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

LMAO

I'll get right on that.

LOL

So you looked up one day and said "must be chemtrails" and left it at that. Brilliant.
You don't need to research anything. You are right where you need to be.

As I have stated numerous times:

I do not believe in chemtrails!

Everyone get that?

Of course not. Pegging me a chemtrails believer is the only way you can defend yourself.

It truly shows the kind of person you are, like it or not.

Assumption is the father of all screw ups.

Edit:

Just checked, and I have told you before my reasons for being on this forum, and that I am NOT a chemtrails believer.

Your memory is horrible and/or you are just using uninformed sarcasm as a defense method.

You have proven yourself untrustworthy.

edit on 14-7-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

So you are just a troll?

You typed:
"a reply to: network dude

LMAO

I'll get right on that.

LOL "

In the olden days, they would look out across the ocean and think they saw the end of the world. Is there where you are, or have your instincts told you the Earth was round?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

As I have stated numerous times:

I do not believe in chemtrails!

Everyone get that?

Are people supposed to keep a file on you and your particular views? You posted like a believer. The response was perfectly reasonable.

Maybe you'd like to take a moment to explain what you meant by the following

LMAO

I'll get right on that.

LOL

That certainly looks like a defense of "chemtrail" belief.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

When you wake up and see checker board skies and the trails spread making it to the ground, makes you wonder. Don't live by an airport so why so busy? Watched 3 planes at same altitude at the same time with the middle one's trails disappearing shortly after the plane while the others lingered and spread getting larger coming towards the ground. Red and white planes seem to be the best at it.

So anybody can say anything but the facts remain which are variables from the norm. I never seen a contrail spread and make it to the ground when I was a kid and I loved looking at planes in the sky. New fuel? It should be cleaner not dirtier. For what ever the reasons if cemtrails are true, life on this planet is short and only 100 years ago the average lifespan was 46 years old for men and for women 48. Now it's over 70 for men and 80 for women. We could go back to when they did nothing and had no tech but nature shortened life not man.

I wouldn't get too worried until we see the trend of dying older change to dying younger.

Just a thought.

And I believe I would like to see you prove the contrail made it to the ground...Furthermore, once you are done proving this, go get me that pot of gold at the end of every rainbow...we will be rich...I just want one piece out of each pot...you can keep the rest...or you can be a selfish sob and keep all of it yourself...

I've only seen the tic-tac-toe formations in the sky (not by commercial jets too low or cropdusters too high) just the dusting of the topiaries and livestock that needed to be sprayed off (you have to experience it to believe it).

What altitude where the planes flying at?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Just a thought.

What altitude where the planes flying at?

You're kidding right?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So how did you get this far not knowing that plants provide the oxygen on the planet. It has zero to do with clouds . Maybe in a round about way if you think they are reducing plants ability to produce oxygen. But plants don't use sunlight to produce the oxygen. The sunlight is for photosynthesis. That turns chlorophyll to a usable sugar that the plant eats. It breaths in carbon dioxide and respirates oxygen.
And even if what you think could be possible I'd still have to ask why? Why would the military want to reduce the oxygen on the planet?
Don't the military folks need to breath too? Does this really make sense to you?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join