Quit "looking up" and start "looking facts up".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

This is the most intelligent point made on this thread. I do wonder why those that say there are no chemtrails actually seem so interested in posting, and forcefully too.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

This is the most intelligent point made on this thread. I do wonder why those that say there are no chemtrails actually seem so interested in posting, and forcefully too.

Because read what I posted.

I have seen people reduced to paranoid wrecks because they actually believe this stuff.

It's all very well for people to believe in crazy conspiracy stuff because they think it's cool to be part of the secret club, but some people TRULY BELIEVE IT. They believe that planes are flying over their houses spraying chemicals. That kind of paranoia destroys lives.

And the sick people who spread these rumours are profiting from it.

The right to free speech does not extend to yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre, and that is basically what these people are doing. Trying to create panic and sell the quack cures to fix it.

Doesn't that make you angry as well?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My opinion is mixed, since I've followed some conspiracies in my lifetime. As I've aged, I've become less porous, so conspiracies of any flavor find it much more unpleasant to penetrate me. I've always had a respect for science, since I was a little kid. I could see math had a lot of power, as well as understanding the natural systems. In all that, it still didn't prevent me from exploring some of the conspiracy theories out there. Some of them got through my defenses. I mean, not terribly deep, but they did impact my life in some negative ways, I'd say. Mostly, if you believe them, it can make you feel vulnerable or powerless in the face of a much larger foe. And yet, with the years and my respect for science always being there, my skepticism has increased and, to a extent, has protected me from those anxieties.

However, a respect and yielding to science does not prevent all anxiety. It only prevents anxiety resulting from spurious or incorrect or otherwise irrational theories. There're real dangers. For example, river runoff from farms can spell trouble for the health of the river and hence also have negative affects on us in turn. And Anthropogenic Global Warming, if you look at some of the more dire warnings emanating from various pieces of research, can also be frightening in its prospects. And the spread of diseases and viruses has can inspire nightmares, such as the spread of Aids in Africa in the midst of genocide in the 1980's. And there're a multitude of other potential concerns one could be swamped with, so it's very important a person both moderates their concerns and works to be a part of a system in which some of these problems are tackled in a reasonable way.

You can't prevent all people from believing irrational things. You can give them warnings. You can try to guide them in the right direction, but just in all things, you must learn to moderate your expectations. It's great to just be a part of something that solves a problem, even if it's a small one.

As a society we can work to find more ways to get people involved and proactive about solving problems. Not everybody is the same, so it's important we're always working to do this and tolerant to the diversity of feelings and thoughts. People aren't machine parts. They aren't always reasonable. We all need patience and endurance to fight through it.
edit on 12-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz3
I am surrounded by airports. Norfolk Intl Newport News Williamsburg Intl. . Langley Air force base Naval Air station Oceania at Norfolk.
Our skies look like that every day. Nothing nefarious about it.
edit on PMu31u0772856312014-07-12T12:56:38-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
Yes, you make good points. Those are real dangers.

Clouds of ice crystals 30,000 feet up in the sky are not.

We have enough to worry about on this planet without hucksters trying to make people scared of clouds.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: network dude

I'm on the fence when it comes to chemtrails, but to be honest seeing posters like yourself constantly making threads against chemtrails makes me very suspicious. I mean why do you care if people think they are chemtrails instead of contrails, and why do you get defensive towards pro chemtrail people?

why does it bother you. Especially if you are as you say on the fence. I personally don't think you are on the fence. I think you know what side of that fence you are on.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Looking can't tell you what they are. If you're of the chemtrail camp you will just see chemtrails. Case in point. I can see a blue berry pie. I can taste it. But I won't know exactly what's in it until I read the recipe. a reply to: Urantia1111

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You pathetic government stooge. I hope they're paying you well. "Stop looking up"...yeah that's swell advice. "Dont believe your own eyes citizens! Instead, lap up whatever lame excuse the chemtrails debunkers put in your bowl, it makes my job lots easier." When I saw this title, I knew it would be you at the helm, dude. Predictable you have become.

WOW, you are clearly dead set against people researching information and applying critical thought to it. Why do you want people going purely off what something looks like? Who's paying you to corral the sheep?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Well said, that is exactly my own reason for not just walking away from the forum. Some people are misguided or unfamiliar with the true facts, a few, the ones that actively push this garbage, are just despicable lying twats.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

So, what you're saying is...

Trust the internet, not your instincts!

LMAO

I'll get right on that.

LOL

Research facts and then trust those facts. One good place to start doing research is the internet. When used properly, the internet can be a gateway to peer reviewed research papers.

What you shouldn't trust is "just" your instincts, because without the facts, people can be fooled and minds can be fooled.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There are a few who got only the wrong message from the OP. The message is to confirm and research. You on the other hand seem to think that merely observing these things gives you everything you need to know. Or ummmm where did you come to your beliefs? Perhaps something you read on a chemtrail supporting web site? a reply to: applesthateatpeople

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Didn't you know? You can't believe anything you read on the internet from any source. Unless it's a site that says chemtrails are real that you can donate money to. Then it's all good.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Some nice people don't like seeing other people being duped. They are doing something good Recognize that or don't. Perception is personal. reply to: sayzaar

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What I've learned about the internet over the years is that you can find exactly what you're looking for. Support for or against any issue known to mankind. Imagination , lies, ,truth and deception. It's all out there. Reply to: waynos

edit on PMu31u0772803312014-07-12T13:03:43-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar

Do my actions have any bearing on scientific facts? If you think they do, they you need to do some serious soul searching. And once you have done that, try going the library. It has books. They may not have been tainted by "the evil gubberment".

Worrying about why I post here is quite ignorant. Try worrying about WHAT I post here and see if you can find any lies in that.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

So, what you're saying is...

Trust the internet, not your instincts!

LMAO

I'll get right on that.

LOL

So you looked up one day and said "must be chemtrails" and left it at that. Brilliant.
You don't need to research anything. You are right where you need to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
See that is the sham right there because anyone who believes in Chemtrails didn't get the idea by looking up. They read something about it on the internet and then fit their reality to only those things they choose to believe. The whole movement if you will is fueled by information circulated around the internet. That's what makes those few posts so damn funny. a reply to: network dude

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yea, I looked up one day and started paying attention and found my solar panel production was reduced to a fraction because military planes spend all day flying in circles blotting out the sun wile they are displacing oxygen.We had 30% in ww2 now we are down to 20-21%, we start suffocating at 15%.The trails form cloud networks that change our weather that effects our food and economy. But dont worry be happy and dont question anything or you will be called anti-American.
edit on 12-7-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So you looked up one day and said "must be chemtrails" and left it at that. Brilliant.
You don't need to research anything. You are right where you need to be.

That's what amazes me.

Who would -- without ANY prior knowledge of trails of any kind -- look up at the sky, see a puffy white trail, then just by using their instincts, deduce for themselves (without doing any research into the subject) that those puffy white lines are from planes intentionally spraying chemicals out of tanks for nefarious purposes?

edit on 7/12/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

(the link works for me ?) I concede I don't know much about the altitude influence. I still find times like the day I took that pic so seemingly saturated with trails to be odd, when usually it's nowhere near as evident. really i know nothing of the technical side of this issue. but I want to. your info is very helpful in that respect.

thanks for your reply.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join