It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Moon Months and Quakes? Are we in for a swarm?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
People who study quakes are always pointing out research that 'proves' there is no correlation between solar activity and quakes.

People who study statistics say there is no correlation between solar activity and health problems, increases in violent crimes, strange animal behavior, mental health issues, etc....
But the people who work at the layman's level will tell you different.
Dispatchers know they are more than likely going to be swamped with 911 calls starting up to three days before a full moon, climaxing on the full moon, and then tapering off for one-three days.

Emergency room personal know they are in for an extra busy time....
Nursing homes know that the most fragile are likely to journey on.....

Heart attacks, domestic abuse, lost pets, testy people.....I've been observing the effect since it was first brought to my attention as a young teenager.
Our bodies are 95% water, so I have a hard time NOT believing that solar activity has an affect on its' function.

Scientists are too close-minded for there own good sometimes.

I agree with this.

It's where the term loony cane from , lunar.

The moon seemed. Wry bright last night. It was bright before it was fully dark.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Now, call me crazy, but the Tohoku 9.0 quake occurred just days before the Supermoon in 2011..... That is a bit unsettling to me. Could these Supermoons actually cause these quakes? Any quake experts out there have any knowledge on this subject at all? I mean I know the moon affects the tides, so I can only imagine it can cause EQ's if close enough.

You're crazy.

8 days before the super moon, the date of the quake, the moon was around 390,000km from us.

The average perigee is 360,000.

So just how did it cause the earthquake when it was further away from earth than its average perigee?

edit on 13-7-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join