It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul 2016? NOOOOOOO!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And here is a prime example of the type of thinking leading to our current quagmire...

For example, cannot trust that "voting with the dollar," is enough control or deterrence against the "evil," corporations...needs the government to enact laws and more laws and more laws...

I could go on, but asshatted thinking like this has already won out and will soon meet its Maker...

edit on 11-7-2014 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I said, "And the alternatives are better how? Please, please, please tell me how the alternative candidates are actually better than Ron Pau!"

You answered, "Ron Paul isn't running, I'm seeking to discourage people from beating that drum or worse, transferring their Paulite love to his son."

I didn't say Ron Paul was running. You're the one appealing to his supporters with ad hominem arguments ("the guy is in fact a cantankerous KOOK," being about the best you seem to be able to come up with.)

You are the one who talked about Ron's platform. I ask again, tell me how anybody else is better, please?

Oh, I see. You can't. The point is, whether he's running this time around or not, nobody will deliver a candidate who is less "KOOKY."

I think invading sovereign nations is KOOKY.
I think giving out taxpayer's money to failed corporations and robber-baron banks is KOOKY.
I think forcing me to buy unaffordable insurance while giving free healthcare to illegal aliens is KOOKY.
I think glutting our prisons with myriad people who've committed non-violent crimes and letting corporations make money off of that system is KOOKY.
I think trampling all over the constitution and allowing allegedly elected officials make a law unto themselves (as both Bush and Obama have done) is KOOKY.
I think a government that holds it citizens accountable to bizarre, Kafkaesque tax codes while claiming itself to be above accountability is KOOKY.
I think executive officers that can order the execution of both citizens and foreign nationals ex judicio is KOOKY.

You seem to think that an older man who thinks differently from you is KOOKY.

I guess our definitions of KOOKY differ a bit.

So, again, show me something less KOOKY!

We're waiting.
edit on 11-7-2014 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I didn't say Ron Paul was running. You're the one appealing to his supporters with ad hominem arguments ("the guy is in fact a cantankerous KOOK," being about the best you seem to be able to come up with.)

Not actually an ad hominem argument. I'm stating that he is a kook because what he is proposes is kooky, not that what he says is kooky because he's a kook.

You're in fact creating a false dilemma when you say, "tell me how anybody else is better," if you want to be a stickler. It's interesting that you didn't address any of his more libertarian positions.

Only Ron Paul is against unprovoked attacks on sovereign (kinda superfluous) nations?

Ron Paul has been all about invading Panama to take back control of the Panama Canal but that's okay because somebody else might do it. Is Panama attacking us?

Only Ron Paul is opposed to bail-outs?
Only Ron Paul is opposed to the ACA?

Oh, and if you're waiting for me to lead the cheer for one of these other aholes, don't hold your breath. That said, isn't it implicit in my post that if he's the worst of the popularly referenced prospects, ANYONE would be preferable?
edit on 2014-7-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Who do I want in power?

ME!

Elect HauntWok president 2016! My campaign slogan?

"I don't give a damn!"

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

a reply to: gladtobehere

Meaningless statements and a goofy picture make for pretty thin and unconvincing argument.

Riiiight, because name calling ("kook"), attacking him personally and misrepresenting his positions is... legitimate?

a reply to: gladtobehere

Everyone wants all of those things. All politicians promise to preserve them.

No they dont. Most politicians are like you, they want a giant central government to be involved in every aspect of people's lives. They dont care about freedom, they just voted to allow continued warrant-less spying by the NSA...

Ron Paul is so legendary, he was warning about a 1984 type Big Brother government... in 1984! (under a Republican administration no less)

And since then he has opposed every government police state measure from the Patriot Act to the TSA to the "REAL ID".

Your savior Obama has lied about almost every one of his positions. One simply has to look at his voting record (going back to the Senate) and campaign speeches.

Ron Paul has changed on exactly one position, capital punishment. His rhetoric and voting record has been the same over nearly 30 years...

How many other politicians can claim that? Zero, none, not one of them.

And why would you mention that he's pro-life? Of-course he's pro-life (as are most Americans).

He values all life which is one of the main reasons why he was the only politician aggressively advocating peace, diplomacy and non-intervention.

This is a man who actually believes in the Just War Principle.

edit on 11-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ron Paul is an Ayn Rander; and she is the fetid source for the philosophical vomit that got us into this economic mess that we are in. Ron Paul is more of the same, he is just feeding the public some juicy tidbits that they want to hear.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Ron Paul is an Ayn Rander; and she is the fetid source for the philosophical vomit that got us into this economic mess that we are in. Ron Paul is more of the same, he is just feeding the public some juicy tidbits that they want to hear.

Agreed. Sociopathy as a virtue. Wonderful stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why get worked up over it ? The games been rigged for ages and they already decided who the next puppet in chief will be ..

Relax .. grab a beer no matter what everyones screwed anyway ..

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

And here is the good ole, "Ayn Rand is the cause of the current mess..." position...nevermind that in every book she stated very clearly that unless objectivsm and freedom and laissez faire was the norm, rather than the current oligarchical approach, we would be on the short bus trip...

People who cannot tell their own ass from a hole in the ground...freaking morons being allowed to vote...those are the reasons people like Bush and Obama are around...

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Does the president have the power to single handedly dismantle the EPA, FDA, international highways, civil rights etc?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join