It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the hell did ISIS come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tencap77
They're sub-contractors. They work for the House of Saud. Follow the money. IT's REALLY easy !

I can't disagree with this.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: stumason

See earlier posts. The acronym doesn't really work for search engines.

Has nothing to do with paying attention. It's a new acronym and new scare word.

Poor excuse - whether it is ISIS, or ISIL or just IS as they are now, finding information has not been in the slightest bit difficult. ISIS has actually been the acronym of choice since their inception and any search you do (properly) will give you links detailing their history and any previous names.

As I have shown in this thread (and others all asking the same, inane question "Where did ISIS come from") if you look properly instead of a cursory glance at the first 10 links on your google search, then you will get plenty of info on ISIS/ISIL

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

A search with a date range prior to June 1, 2014, yields pretty much zip regarding this group. But I'm sure that will change once they realize their shoddiness.

And you forgot ISI.

And why the name calling? Touch a sore spot? Very adult of you but very suspicious. I'm reporting you. And I'm not saying to whom

edit on 7/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well now this is pretty interesting reading: Invading Iraq 2.0: ISIS Propaganda, Proxy Wars and US-NATO’s ‘Blitzkrieg

As is this: The ISIS “Islamic State” Not Hamas Claimed Responsibility for Murder of Three Israeli Boys

IS being convenient already. Hamas, after all, has far too much support.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

A search with a date range prior to June 1, 2014, yields pretty much zip regarding this group. But I'm sure that will change once they realize their shoddiness.

Not even remotely true and proof, in fact, you didn't even bother to look at the links I posted. In the second post, I link to a dozen articles all for the beginning of the year or end of last year precisely because someone else made the exact same daft claims. That's also ignoring the fact ISIS have issued two annual reports - one in 2012 and one 2013.

And why the name calling? Touch a sore spot? Very adult of you but very suspicious. I'm reporting you. And I'm not saying to whom

Who's name calling? Report away, I never did any such thing and it certainly wasn't directed at you, rather merely saying that the claims of ISIS being "non existent" prior to the last month are idiotic. Grow up.
edit on 11/7/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Just so everyone can see, here are the links from the other thread I posted in response to these silly claims:

BBC article, dated Feb 2014 but with info within about ISIS

Amnesty International article - dated December 2013

Daily Mail - dated Feb 2014 about a specific event in Syria, but with info about ISIS

Der Speigel article dated December 2013

Wash ington Post article - dated October 2013 - with Video report on ISIS

CNN article - dated November 2013

FOX News article - dated October 2013

Another Amnesty International article - dated December 2013

STRATFOR article - dated October 2013

BBC Article - dated December 2013

Another BBC article - dated November 2013

EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE DATED AND PUBLISHED LONG BEFORE JUNE 2014 AND, IN FACT, MOSTLY DATED FOR THE END OF 2013

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Long before?

A whole year ago, if that.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I can go further back, if you like? I was just proving a point as you claimed, remember, you can't find anything about them prior to June 2014? Now you've moved the goalposts because you've been made the fool.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join