It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are things getting better or worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what to say except for the fact that I don't know if things are getting better or worse here in the United States. So far it looks as though they are getting worse with the dollar melting and no end in sight to the "war on terrorism." I would like to believe that God will fix everything and make our lives better but from what I see it's just getting worse. I believe we were put on this planet for a purpose. Now what that purpose is, I have no idea. Maybe we were put on this planet to be slaves to a higher power who knows no fear. Or maybe we were meant to live in peace with one another in the end. I just don't know. I've always wanted to live a free and happy life. That's why I love my country but it's not so free anymore.

Are we being decieved by the New World Order in which their plans for us inevitable? It scares me to think where we are right now and where we will be a year from now. How do you cope with something when you know you're life is worth nothing in the near future? Or can you make a difference by speaking out. Of course if you speak out against the powerful elite you are then silenced. What is our purpose in life? I thought it was to live life without fear and tyranny. To live in peace and harmony. I guess I was wrong.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is your post an example of free speech? Have you been silenced because of it? If not, where is the fear and tyranny coming from?

I feel sorry for you; you seem to be full of fear and yet unable to define that fear or give it a face. I mean that sincerely. Don't be so afraid. If some NWO boogeyman comes up to you and says Boo!, just kick him between the big toes and then stick your thumb in his eye. Then go out and find a foxy lady and get drunk and laid. You'll feel much better.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well.

I think things are getting better!

Even in rough times we will conquer, any competetion.

As the world turns the human race is awlays bettering itself for a decent future.

Just look at history.-

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wonder about the future too, mrmulder, specially in financial nature, our economy is not good and we are running on empty for quite some time.

I think that the present administration is running this country on faith, that things are going to get better by the grace of god.

But the truth is that our problems when it comes to our nation can only be fix through action not prayer.

I agree that we are here for a purpose but as to the nature of that purpose we find out with everyday actions for one action is a reaction.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Oh, it'll get worse. It's sad that the vast majority of my fellow Christians voted for this joker because he happened to mention God a few times.

No, we're not silenced--yet. Give it time, though. I say speak out while you still can.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Is your post an example of free speech?

Yes

Have you been silenced because of it?

No. Not yet.

If not, where is the fear and tyranny coming from?

The United States Government.

I feel sorry for you; you seem to be full of fear and yet unable to define that fear or give it a face. I mean that sincerely. Don't be so afraid. If some NWO boogeyman comes up to you and says Boo!, just kick him between the big toes and then stick your thumb in his eye. Then go out and find a foxy lady and get drunk and laid. You'll feel much better.

Typical response coming from a Bush supporter

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

you seem to be full of fear and yet unable to define that fear or give it a face.

Not being able to define the fear or give it a face is the scariest part. I know that there is something very wrong with the world and I think mrmulder does as well. I can't put a finger on it and I do not know the extent, but I do know that the decisions being made and the actions being taken are not intended to make America safe and secure and free. 'They', whomever 'they' may be, currently need us to believe these decisions and actions are good for America.

In a nutshell, I'm pretty convinced that 'they' are using the economic, industrial, and military might of America to further 'their' agenda. I can speculate all day what this agenda may be, but I do not really know. The only thing I do know is that something is very wrong. Of this I have no doubt.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belgarath

you seem to be full of fear and yet unable to define that fear or give it a face.

Not being able to define the fear or give it a face is the scariest part. I know that there is something very wrong with the world and I think mrmulder does as well. I can't put a finger on it and I do not know the extent, but I do know that the decisions being made and the actions being taken are not intended to make America safe and secure and free. 'They', whomever 'they' may be, currently need us to believe these decisions and actions are good for America.

In a nutshell, I'm pretty convinced that 'they' are using the economic, industrial, and military might of America to further 'their' agenda. I can speculate all day what this agenda may be, but I do not really know. The only thing I do know is that something is very wrong. Of this I have no doubt.

I agree with Belgrath. IMO, it all started with 9/11. Let's take that for example. A few days after 9/11, every American in the U.S. had become a terrorist suspect thanks to the Patriot Act. Otherwise, the government would never had brought it up. Secondly, these twelve serious questions is another reason why I've become so concerned.

1. Why were standard operating procedures for dealing with hijacked airliners not followed that day?

2. Why were the extensive missile batteries and air defenses reportedly deployed around the Pentagon not activated during the attack?

3. Why did the Secret Service allow Bush to complete his elementary school visit, apparently unconcerned about his safety or that of the schoolchildren?
4. Why hasn't a single person been fired, penalized, or reprimanded for the gross incompetence we witnessed that day?

5. Why haven't authorities in the U.S. and abroad published the results of multiple investigations into trading that strongly suggested foreknowledge of specific details of the 9/11 attacks, resulting in tens of millions of dollars of traceable gains?

6. Why has Sibel Edmonds, a former FBI translator who claims to have knowledge of advance warnings, been publicly silenced with a gag order requested by Attorney General Ashcroft and granted by a Bush-appointed judge?

7. How could Flight 77, which reportedly hit the Pentagon, have flown back towards Washington D.C. for 40 minutes without being detected by the FAA's radar or the even superior radar possessed by the US military?

8. How were the FBI and CIA able to release the names and photos of the alleged hijackers within hours, as well as to visit houses, restaurants, and flight schools they were known to frequent?

9. What happened to the over 20 documented warnings given our government by 14 foreign intelligence agencies or heads of state?

10. Why did the Bush administration cover up the fact that the head of the Pakistani intelligence agency was in Washington the week of 9/11 and reportedly had $100,000 wired to Mohamed Atta, considered the ringleader of the hijackers?

11. Why did the 911 Commission fail to address most of the questions posed by the families of the victims, in addition to almost all of the questions posed here?

12. Why was Philip Zelikow chosen to be the Executive Director of the ostensibly independent 911 Commission although he had co-authored a book with Condoleezza Rice?

------------------------------------------------------

Also, why did the Administration insist that WMD's were in Iraq but in the end there were none? Why do so many countries hate us now as a result of invading Iraq? Why are so many whistle blowers being silenced? Why are so many people hearing about a National I.D. card and chips being implanted into their bodies.

IMO, it all started with 9/11. I just don't buy the official story and everything that has happened since because it doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I believe 'it' started well before 9/11. The events of 9/11 along with the 'official' response, opened my eyes to the possibility that something is very wrong. Most of the events and excuses since then have continued to solidify my initial skepticism.

And then you have Bush Sr. and the Carlyle group. The more conflict and violence, the more they profits. How can this enormous conflict of interest be so acceptable to the masses?

The folks in power do not need to worry about Social Security or Health Care or their retirement. They do not need to worry about the same things most American's need to worry about.

Your list of questions mrmulder is something everyone should want answers to. Why so many American's don't seem to care befuddles me every day.

The only way we will find the truth is to seek it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is an article I found recently. Let me quote a piece that I found interesting:

As we enter the dark time of year, and perhaps one of the darkest times in modern history, we celebrate in the Judeo-Christian tradition, the coming of the light. Darkness has never been able to unequivocally obliterate it. All great traditions and spiritual teachers declare that human existence is largely comprised of adversity interspersed with moments of light, beauty, and joy.

They have also admonished us to remember that without suffering, there will never be transformation. The days of simply applying bandaids to America's deplorably corrupt and unjust political, economic, and social institutions are over.

It appears that nothing less than total transformation is being demanded of us.

My wish for every American in 2005 is that we recover from our addiction to happiness-our refusal to hear, ponder, and struggle with "bad news", and with informed, illumined minds and hearts, allow the darkness to be our teacher.

That very "un-American" path may be our only hope for creating a new world.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Mabye Carolyn Baker is right. Maybe we must confront the darkness and bad news so that we may learn from it in order to create a new world.

top topics

join