It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyborgs Amoung Us: Human Biohackers Embed Chips in Their Bodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is more of an update to existing threads into this topic on ATS concerning human/ technology interface. There have been discussions about Smart Tattoos, Bio suits, and even Exo-Skeleton suits. This new development seems to be somewhat of a metamorphosis of the Smart Tattoo idea. In this modern day, as in currently, humans are implanting magnets and computer chips directly into their bodies.

Gaining a magnetic or electronic "sixth sense" isn't easy. Doctors won't perform the implantation, so would-be biohackers generally turn to body modification shops, which are usually part of tattoo parlors and can't legally offer anesthesia. Others perform the amateur operation on themselves. Many cyborgs get the technology embedded in their fingers or hands, where the skin is thin enough for the devices to interact with external objects. Those with magnets can sense magnetic fields around them; a contractor, for example, can find studs in a wall. Stick a computer chip under the skin and it can do a lot of things: send data to smartphones and other devices, open specially outfitted doors, act as permanent headphones embedded in a person's ears and do anything else the chips' creators may dream up. Even the U.S. government is working on a device that would be implanted in the brain to restore memory.

Wow! Technology is advancing at a dizzying pace, nowadays...! This is something I would've pegged for 20+ years down the road. The implications are mind boggling but what does this mean for humans on the grand scale?

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 11-7-2014 by lostbook because: make into an easier read

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Personally i consider a cyborg as a human with embedded tech that they have some control over or interacts with the body in some way. Otherwise its just tech stuffed under the skin.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

Personally i consider a cyborg as a human with embedded tech that they have some control over or interacts with the body in some way. Otherwise its just tech stuffed under the skin.

I think it's the early stages of Cyborg tech. With 3-D or 4-D tech we'll have self replicating Cyborgs. Wouldn't that be something?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Yeah , bring it on i say. Wheres my dam upgrades already? lol

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With the way technology improves and doubles, I wouldn't stick any of it under my skin just for it to be outdated in 2 years.

I'd consider a 1tb bluetooth harddrive when they get small enough, though..

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yeah, bring it on! However, will we be susceptable to computer viruses? What about getting our brains "hacked," or having our bodies "hijacked" by human terrorists?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
anyone up for a shadowrun? haha

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think our brain already get hacked by things like news and tv adverts.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, reality get more tooney every day. First it was the Flintstones meeting the Jetsons, then Terminator being more human, or Humans being a terminator.

What next, biological engineered pocket monsters, and Martial Arts that were based of Dragonball Z?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ok. I'm getting a little pissed off with being the destroyer threads right now.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A lot of this cyborgism is not going to happen as result of biohacking rebels, in my view, but as result of physical disorders or injuries suffered, many predominantly linked to advanced age. There're already too many examples. One of the most obvious signs of a early stage cyborg are eyeglasses. From there, one can spot everyday things such as prosthetic limbs and false teeth or eyes. Things less obvious, like pace makers or cochlear implants or contact lenses or transcatheter aortic valves or hip implants or glaucoma implants, can be seen with more prying. The older a individual is and the richer they're, the more likely you'll notice and the more developed their cyborg traits will be. See, the cyborgs are already walking amongst us!

Do you not see all the people flooding into the hospitals and doctor's rooms, seeking relief from the armada of problems associated with aging? Aging is perhaps the single largest factor in the growing cyborgian tide.

Yes, this new insight is not sexy, but it's real.

One only has to think of cyborgism not as something that exists under the skin or something that's directly attached to the body, but rather as something that augments or modifies the body's processes directly or indirectly. Even a pair of shoes do this. Our clothes do this! We're already familiar with cyborgism, we've just ill-defined it to mean only things directly attached to the body, such as underneath the skin, and as well in the most offensive ways. And this is a cosmic irony, as one, from afar, can clearly see how unnatural the modern lifestyle is and yet we adopt it rapidly while in the same instance showing hostility towards 'unnatural' implants. Unnatural1?? Lol!!! Dare I say many of these haters may already have something like a pacemaker or a denture, both entirely unnatural.

Here're some examples of just how far cyborgism has come:

edit on 11-7-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Join members Signalfire, Jacygirl, Comfortablynumb, and Druid42 this Monday @ 10pm EST as they discuss this thread.

Visit the ATS Live Forum for more information.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Dont put 3rd party hardware into you, we are well beyond hardware layer. Virtualise that S###, the VMware is already there in your mind--just think you have these chips embedded...

No? that wont work?

top topics

join