It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel can be considered a terrorist state, according to its own definition

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Missiles Rain As Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Ignites, More Violence Forecast
www.tytnetwork.com...

“The Israeli army has promised a “lengthy” offensive against Hamas, after a fresh wave of airstrikes against Gaza and a salvo of dozens of rockets fired from the strip into southern Israel. Palestinians told Al Jazeera that eight people were injured in the Israeli strikes on Tuesday morning, one of which reportedly targeted the house of a senior member of the Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas. The bombings came after at least 20 rockets were fired from Gaza. No injuries or damage were reported.”* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am really shocked that there can even be fence sitters yet alone apologists and even worse supporters of the israeli terrorists.
This has to be willful ignorance due to cognitive dissonance, the math does not lie.
I just wish my country would cut all aid to the M.E., then there would be the start of peace there.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Agreed. If Israel would do everything they can for peace...there would be peace. It's that simple.

The terrorists in Palestine and Hamas would slowly die out. They are already, if...Israelis and the Israeli government would do everything that they can to bring peace. Including aid, infrastructure, stopping the settlements, giving Palestinians equal rights and more. So easy. Yet why aren't these steps being taken?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: daaskapital

Respectfully I would disagree simply because i do not think it is possible to label a state as a terrorist organisation and there is no clear international definition of terrorism that would facilitate such a label.

No, I wouldn't label the entire country terrorists just like I wouldn't label Palestinians all terrorists. But just like Hamas and Hezbollah, Israeli politics is highly influenced by the Zionist movement and they have been terrorists for a very long time. The only difference between them and the likes of Hamas is they dress better, have better weapons and use smooth words to justify their acts of terrorism.
edit on 11-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Israelis are by and large good people. Just as you can't blame every US citizen for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.. you can't blame every Israeli for what is going on. Their government on the other hand...

Definition of a terrorist:

a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

Definition of Apartheid:

a policy or system of segregation or discrimination on grounds of race.

Israel is both of these. The Mossad's motto is "By way of deception". Israel has deceived many over the history of their existence.

And one last definition... Genocide:

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinian people. If they were any other nation, they would be condemned by the world and would have been invaded already.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Yes, there have been threats against Israel, but Israel's retaliatory actions never help the situations at hand.

just like the actions that cause said retaliatory actions never help the situation. there again are two sides of the coin. yet just by saying as you did "retaliatory actions", gives the legitimacy to Israel's actions. why retaliate if there was nothing to retaliate to?

The peace negotiations earlier in the year seemed to have been working alright...until Israel backed out on an agreed term.

i have no clue as to what happened to the negotiations, or why they might have backed out. therefore i really can't offer an opinion. i would suspect there was some reason they did, if they backed out unilaterally.

How many wars, genocides, territorial disputes have they stopped cold or solved?

They obviously haven't done anything to stop the war crimes committed by Israel, even though they have publicly condemned them over the years.

just as they have been equally ineffective against stopping attacks, terrorist actions/war crimes committed by the Palestinian side (do they even condemn them?).

Hell even the US and Canada ignore what the UN requests/demands they do when it suits their purpose.

Indeed.

so what can anyone really expect the UN to do to stop this mess? they are just as ineffective at doing anything in this which is their main reason for existence, (as i mentioned before) as the old "League Of Nations". perhaps it is time the UN is likewise terminated.

Mahmoud Abbas (current Palestinian statesman) and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation publicly acknowledge the state of Israel. Hamas does not, however.

which just makes Mahmoud Abbas (current Palestinian statesman) and the Palestinian Liberation Organisation publicly acknowledging the state of Israel a moot point. to have any effect at all this would also have to be declared by Hamas and any other groups, it would probably help if all the countries that have said the same to state it as well, to have an effect.

I think it is quite obvious that Israel just doesn't want to give up the land of which they have colonised.

that is probably the case since i would think that they consider it gains from fighting this war that has been waged against them. as well as an additional "buffer zone" keeping their enemies further away from them. how easily did the Soviet Union for example give up East Germany, as well as all the other territories they gained in WW2? oh that's right the whole Soviet Union had to fall apart first.

i can honestly only see ONE WAY for this to have any hope of being resolved. the Palestinians (and anyone supposedly helping them), to stop attacking Israel. if Israel is not being attacked at all, they have no reason to retaliate. but much like the scenario from a Tom Clancy novel, it would only take ONE PERSON or group of people from either side attacking the other all on their own initiative, to screw the whole thing up. this whole thing is a blood feud, one side attacks, the other retaliates. which causes the other to retaliate. which of course causes the other side to retaliate for that retaliation. never ending circle. and the reason it needs to start from the Palestinian side is that if they don't do anything and Israel (government sanctioned) does attack without being attacked they loose legitimacy of defending themselves. where until ALL groups like Hamas acknowledge the state of Israel has the right to exist, and they no longer wish to destroy it, Israel has every right, indeed an obligation to her citizens to protect themselves from a valid threat. to NOT deal with that threat the state would be negligent in their duties to protect their citizens. just as say the Klu KLux Klan were to start bombing, attacking and launching rockets at US cities. if the US government did nothing to deal with the problem, and just let it continue, they would be negligent in failing to try to protect their citizens.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

I believe America could, by its own definition, also be accused of the same.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

I believe America could, by its own definition, also be accused of the same.

Anyone who turns to a dictionary for a definition of terrorism is only displaying their utter lack of incite into what is actually a vastly complex subject matter.

The above definition is not the definition of terrorism that is used by the United States.

This definition means nothing.

As i keep saying on these threads, it is the state that defines terrorism not the dictionary or what you subjectively believe the word to mean. We cannot really debate the issue when most of those engaged in the debate cannot even grasp what exactly terrorist means and how dynamic this definition can be from state to state.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Anyone who turns to a dictionary for a definition of terrorism is only displaying their utter lack of incite into what is actually a vastly complex subject matter.

Irony...
in·cite verb \in-ˈsīt\

: to cause (someone) to act in an angry, harmful, or violent way

: to cause (an angry, harmful, or violent action or feeling)

Just figured I'd give you some insight.
I would however accept this as a true Freudian slip.
Sometimes dictionaries can be a good thing for less than smart folks like me.
But hey, I won't terrorize you for it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

you will have to excuse my dyslexia

I struggle quite a lot with spelling so i have to use a spell check however rest assured my understanding is solid.

using a dictionary for a definition of terrorism really does show a total lack of understanding of the subject matter.

quite telling that you chose to mock my disability rather than acknowledge my point.
edit on 11-7-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The Israel situation is touchy. An old acquaintance I know posted something about how the world needs to pray for Israel because Pakistan is terrorizing their kids or some BS, me being one of the few Americans who actually pays attention to worldly events had to correct some of the ignorant things people believe about Israel and her neighbors.

While it was unpopular and I lost a FB friends, I felt I needed to let others know that Israel is indeed a terrorist state, the sponsor terrorism and are in no way the victim over there, they are the provocateur.

Most Americans think the 'terrorist' are at war with Israel. They fail to realize that Israel is constantly on the offensive against the native people of the region.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Your dyslexia must be getting the better of you as I acknowledged what I truly believed to be a Freudian slip, I even wrote it down.
It seems some people just don't understand even the most basic of things, we have fence sitters, apologists and even supporters of serious crimes against a people.
I guess the OP just figured he'd make their education a bit simpler by pointing out fact.
There is a lot of "double speak" out there, only when a person is educated about it may they correct it.
I am truly sorry if you thought I was poking at you for a disability I didn't even know you had, this was not my intention.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

....and according to everyone else's
definition as well.
Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

apology accepted.

please do not mistake me for any kind of supporter of Israel as I stated in my first post my disagreement with the OP is not in anyway me showing support of Israel.

This thread comes down to how terrorism is defined and many on ATS really struggle to understand how it is defined.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod
Good for you for standing up, this is the only way these crimes will be dragged into the light of day.
It does seem like the terrorists are playing a game of cowboys and Arabs though doesn't it?
I sure hope we can derail the genocide this time.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Who is really causing the suffering?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Israel and the Zionism will continue being a terrorist state for as long as there is support for their actions...American tax payer's money and support has actually created an evil regime that even jeopardizes their own security...The question is not "if" they are terrorists, rather how to deal with them.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Who is really causing the suffering?

Does Hamas cause suffering in Gaza? Yes. Is the suffering they cause as bad as Israel? no. Israel blocks shipments of food, medicine, building supplies and targets Gaza's infrastructure like power plants, water treatment plants and the like. Also this guy told a lie when he said the Hamas doesn't honor the peace agreements. They have and when they did Israel broke it because they wanted more settlements.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Israel have the ability to completely annihilate Gaza back to the stone age, before sending in ground troops to conquer the area forever.

Israel do not want any of this. If the population of Gaza had a revolution and overthrew the Hamas government and installed a government that is not recognized as terrorist by the western world, then there would be only peace. If you knew any Israelis you would know that they would literally do anything for peace.

Its time for the Palestinian people to act.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster
LOL.
What a stupid idea.
Let's almost wipe ourselves out so the israeli terrorists might stop murdering us.
Did you even think about what you wrote down?
Or are you really that in support of the terrorist israelis?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join