It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark spotted in Canadian Great Lakes (shark week promo)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: misnomer68

well do you know how to post a link to the page.
and to embed youtube videos is not that hard. in the address bar of the youtube page copy everything after the = sign and think click the you tube button on post page and paste.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skeeter710

LMAO that is an awful typo 40 lb
The SD state record is only 127 lbs....

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here is a photo of a bull shark.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

My eyes might be deceiving me but I think you can see multiple gill slits in the appropriate area of the fish (bull shark?) in question.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Cool video but I don't think its a shark for a couple reasons...but the main reason is: look behind the dorsal fin...there is a fairly clear and defined backbone/spine. You don't see that on any sharks because they're cartiledge. This is some type of predatory bony fish.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Looks like someone is releasing sharks in Canadian freshwater rivers/lake.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have done a lot of diving with sharks in the Bahamas and the Caribbean, with Tigers, sand tigers, lemon sharks, nurse sharks etc. That dorsal fin looks too small for a bull shark. It looks more like a large catfish, which in the space of time it surfaced, could have been mistaken for a shark.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Live in Michigan.

I've fished the Great lake for years and inland as well.

Also people have been releasing and breeding large Cat's from Asia in the Great Lakes.

A large Catfish imo.

Picture of a large Catfish look familiar?

www.john-tom.com...

edit on 14-7-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Yup. I think the video and claim has been put to rest sufficiently besides I think the video claimed it was a catfish as well.

It didn't look at all like a bullshark to begin with I have seen my share of them. It did have me looking up purposes for a while and even though some resembled the video it is without a doubt a huge cat.

BTW fun fact Lake Nicaragua has landlocked bull sharks. There is a debate of if they have been there for centuries or if they travel up a river jumping like salmon.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Realtruth

I have done my share of diving as well and the bull shark would have displayed white underneath as well, especially the smaller ones.

I have come face-to-face with a large bull shark in the Grand Cayman's, and after leaving the water needed to take the lump, out of the bottom of my wet-suit.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It turns out this was a publicity stunt done by the Discovery Channel for their shark shows. I think they are going too far with these hoaxes. They are becoming a public nuisance.

Source

Anyway, it's safe to go back into the water. Or is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Can't beleive they are still going ahead with this promo/hoax... Once the word was out that it was a joke, you'd think they would move along. Way to go Discovey... Sharknado II must be real too!

Watching the badly cast Megalodon mockumentary as we speak... Booooo!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join