It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Manipulates Truth to Fit Pro-Israel Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The MSM is as corrupt as the Government.. RT news at least gives you both sides of a story so you can make your own decisions.

Abby Martin calls out the media framing of the current violence in Gaza and Israel, highlighting how ABC’s Diane Sawyer misdirected viewers when reporting on the violence in Israel while showing pictures of destruction in Gaza.

RT Abby Martin

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RocksFromSpace

A word of caution about RT, they have as much of as axe to grind as your MSM.

Beyond that, I agree with the sentiment of your thread. I also think it's important to highlight the further escalating inequity between Palestinians and Israelis. This is a killing field that has, for the most part, passed people by. Perhaps due to saturation or even fatigue, either way, shame on us.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Beyond that, I agree with the sentiment of your thread. I also think it's important to highlight the further escalating inequity between Palestinians and Israelis. This is a killing field that has, for the most part, passed people by. Perhaps due to saturation or even fatigue, either way, shame on us.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It doesn't matter in this case. ABC admitted to the false report and promised to air a retraction. The only question is did ABC make an honest mistake or did they do it on purpose.

Just to recap the video in case nobody has time to watch it:

Israeli air strike on Gaza killing civilians and destroying homes was reported as Palestinian rocket attack against Israel. ABC showed images of the horror and claimed it was images of the destruction left by Hamas when it was in fact destruction left by Israel.

Yeah. It's that weak.
edit on 11-7-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It was done on purpose, once the news is planted in to the minds of the sheeple the damage is done. It's hard to rationalize a news agency such as ADC making this mistake by accident... it was a mind manipulation tactic.
edit on 11-7-2014 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It doesn't matter in this case. ABC admitted to the false report and promised to air a retraction. The only question is did ABC make an honest mistake or did they do it on purpose.

False reports can be ground-breaking headlines.

Retractions are printed on page 37, two weeks later.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Maybe MSM journalism needs real journalist?

Just sayin...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Information warfare is alive and well!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Maybe MSM journalism needs real journalist?

Just sayin...

Ideally, yes. Problem is, any journalist actually pursuing a story that might shed light on any controversial truth, will likely have their story "squashed" by their boss, who doesn't want to upset their boss... And so on, up the chain.

6 corporations own and control 90% of all US media. As compared to 1983, when 50 corporations owned 90% of the media.

GE - [Comcast, NBC, Universal Pictures, Focus Features, etc]
News-Corp - [Fox, Wall Street Journal, New York Post, etc]
Disney - [ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Miramax, Marvel, etc]
Viacom - [MTV, Nick Jr, BET, CMT, Paramount, etc]
Time-Warner - [CNN, HBO, Time magazine, Warner Bros, etc]
CBS - [Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, NFL.com, 60 Minutes, etc]

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

ABC, CBS, BBC, MSNBC, FOX, CNBC, CNN PBS in effect all news media have an agenda, it varies very little between them. Yes you do have extremes like Fox and MSNBC but they all have their agenda and are all supplied their info from the same or similar sources.
Reuters, The Associated Press, United Press International and Press Association among others.

The Associated Press (AP) is an American multinational nonprofit news agency headquartered in New York City. The AP is owned by its contributing newspapers, radio, and television stations in the United States, all of which contribute stories to the AP and use material written by its staff journalists. The AP staff is represented by the Newspaper Guild union, which operates under the Communication Workers union, which operates under the AFL-CIO.

en.wikipedia.org...

Corporate media is a term which refers to a system of mass media production, distribution, ownership, and funding which is dominated by corporations and their CEOs. It is sometimes used as a pejorative term in place of mainstream media, which tends to also be used as a derisive term, to indicate a media system that does not serve the public interest.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This is a killing field that has, for the most part, passed people by.

Hey, people are busy..

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You definitely wont see a story like that from CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

You know, Wolf Blitzer, former employee of the Jerusalem Post and AIPAC...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: RocksFromSpace

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

It was done on purpose, once the news is planted in to the minds of the sheeple the damage is done. It's hard to rationalize a news agency such as ADC making this mistake by accident... it was a mind manipulation tactic.

BINGO!!! you can't unsee it and you can't unhear it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Sadly TPTB and the Zionist elite that operate behind the scenes dominate the majority of media outlets that common-folk pay attention to. The pen use to be mightier than the sword, now the MSM is greater than both.

With Media you can influence, and people will believe lies.

Don't be a fool and believe what your government or the MSM portrays on the Gaza conflict. The truth is Zionism is the root of all this evil.

It is an entity that protects itself first by acting to demonize its perceived enemies in order create a sympathetic cause for the next phase of destruction - eradicating any opposition by any means necessary.

The MSM are just as guilty as the the Zionist murderers in showing no remorse for the agenda and the lies that they spew out. All the while Israel is lining the pockets of the large corporations who in turn fund and control the media outlets.

Wake up and fight Zionism, even by just educating others.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
RT does not give an objective perspective on stories. See their coverage of Ukraine, for examples.

That said, the journalistic quality shown above is shameful, and outright disgusting. I wouldn't blame it all on Diane Sawyer, however. She sits there and reads a transcript. That's her job. She may or may not have written the transcript itself, as well as sourced the photos, we simply don't know. What we do know, is that those jobs cover most broadcast journalists, and it wouldn't surprise me if she did actually write the transcript.With that said, the very fact that editors had had to have watched the segment before it went to air, proves that they were complicit in the misdirection.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
RT does not give an objective perspective on stories. See their coverage of Ukraine, for examples.

That said, the journalistic quality shown above is shameful, and outright disgusting. I wouldn't blame it all on Diane Sawyer, however. She sits there and reads a transcript. That's her job. She may or may not have written the transcript itself, as well as sourced the photos, we simply don't know. What we do know, is that those jobs cover most broadcast journalists, and it wouldn't surprise me if she did actually write the transcript.With that said, the very fact that editors had had to have watched the segment before it went to air, proves that they were complicit in the misdirection.

I think the days of the MSM are numbered anyway I can't imagine anyone on ATS relies on the MSM for news or information. ATS is usually two days ahead at least, and people are finding the internet as a reliable source with multiple outlets to make up their own minds. I the last days of the MSM the sensationalism will come to the surface to complete the finish.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Who owns and controls most American news medias? Of course they will be pro-Israeli. They got caught, but it will be passed off as a "mistake". They know what they're doing too well to make a "mistake" of this magnitude.
edit on 11-7-2014 by Fylgje because: typo

top topics

join