It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14,000 draft notices go out to Pennsylvania residents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Harrisburg, we have a problem! I found this very funny and very telling about the citizens. If you got a draft notice for your dead grandfather or great grandfather would you be smart enough to know it was a mistake? Evidently many residents of PA have become dumb as a stump when they called to find out why they got a draft notice for someone borne between 1893 thru 1897 .....

I wonder if this is just a test to see how dumb and how afraid people are of the government because of the threatening words in the letter .....

14,000 Pennsylvainians get draft notices

the Selective Service System mistakenly sent notices to more than 14,000 Pennsylvania men born between 1893 and 1897, ordering them to register for the nation's military draft and warning that failure to do so is "punishable by a fine and imprisonment."

The agency realized the error when it began receiving calls from bewildered relatives last week.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They're probably registered to vote lol

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

my bf got this and they threaten jail time. He filled it out and sent it back in. We werent sure what to do. He is not registered to vote.
they didn't just send these "mistaken" ones they sent draft notices to alot of people.
edit on 11-7-2014 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns

I think there's something more to this than it appears. I think the only error is the date and not the fact that draft notices went out. 1993 - 1997 would certainly make sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes!
They probably voted for Obama in the last election!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jesus. This is just proof our Government is incompetent. All the more reason to reduce the size of the Federal Government.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
They weren't draft notices. They were letters about registering for Selective Service. Every guy gets one of these letters when they turn 18. It was a mistake by a clerk in the state DOT I hear.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
Jesus. This is just proof our Government is incompetent. All the more reason to reduce the size of the Federal Government.

This didn't have anything to do with the federal government. It was a state mistake all the way.

top topics

join