It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just felt my first 'propper' earthquake!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hi all, first time starting a thread here!

Well, I was just sat here, at the top of the block I live in, when the whole thing started shaking and rumbling, bringing mountains of stuff down from atop the wardrobes upstairs, I'm not easily shaken up, but yikes, kudos to all of you guys who have to endure the big ones!!

Did anyone else feel it around the Normandy Peninsular, on the west coast of France?

I need a nice cup of tea after that!!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity Shows as 4.8 only 10 k deep, It's hard to imagine
sitting through a big one.
Regards, Rob,

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

Mate, I'm not sure where you are, except for northern France, but yes, when you experience a good one it's a very weird experience. I'm not sure it ever goes away, unless your from Los Angeles perhaps ???.

Copped most of mine in the Philippines, and always alert for the tsunami.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 11-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: whateva

edit on 11-7-2014 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Has been downgraded by USGS, 3.9

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yeah, no one is used to those around these parts, I think it shook everybody up a little! I'll definitely remember it for sure! We're in Jersey, Channel Islands, a mate of mine felt in across the water in Guernsey too, he said he thought someone had thrown a washing machine down his stairs

Cheers for the replies, Kuma

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It turns out there was one in Greece at almost exactly the same time, and one closer in France about 6 hours ago, yikes!

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I had to laugh at the washing machine being thrown. LOL The first time I ever experienced one I thought my kids had picked up the coffee table and thrown it. I ran into the livng room yelling WTH are you doing only to find them sitting on the floor wide eyed and scared. They can be very unnerving the first time you experience them.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

I'll be honest, it did have me worried, it made a fair amount of noise too!

new topics

top topics

join