It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your reaslistic solution to the conflict?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Personally and realistically, I don't think there is a solution.

The only solution is the total destruction of one of the sides.

There has to be a war, and the winner will be the solution to the conflict.

I don't pick sides, I just watch.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The realistic solution .... there is none. The best thing the world could do is back off and let them finish slaughtering each other. There will never be peace in that part of the world. It's not possible.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The realistic solution .... there is none. The best thing the world could do is back off and let them finish slaughtering each other. There will never be peace in that part of the world. It's not possible.

It wasnt too bad under the Ottomans...until the "jewish" extremists and Balfour and...ugggghhh.

This horse has been flogged.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You are talking about hatreds that were generations old before most of our forefathers had a concept of history. These are real Bronze Age style hatreds. I don't know if you could ever call "hate" an inherited trait, but if you ever could, the Middle East seems to be the best bet to discover it.

I'm not sure you can ever propose a real solution to that.

I'm thinking we'd have an easier time finding an answer to Africa than we will the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I've always wished someone would just irradiate the Wailing Wall, the Haram al-Sharif, with the rest of Jerusalem.

That would give all of the Abrahamic religions a chance to take a deep breath and step away from the "holy" sand pile for a few hundred years.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The first step would be to remove the other regional actors from the situations. Neither Iran nor the Arabs states want a peaceful solution because they use that conflict as tool to harass a very powerful threat. Imagine if all the weapons and money spent on weapons for the Palestinians over the years had instead been spent on infrustructure and creating jobs and a vialble economy. And economicaly successful Palestine that was not lobbing missles at Israel would find itself in much much stronger negotiating position.

Second would be removing the radicals from Paletines leadership and the far right from Israels.

These two things are almost impossible sadly. Anyone who shows restraint is then painted as weak from others in other camps. What it comes down to is at some point the Palentinians will have to shake off outside influeance and take control of their own destiny while at the same time Israel will have to have leadership that does not cared about being labled as weak by their own people. Then maybe some agreement can come into force.

The problem with someone else trying to force that peace is no such force exists. The UN is lucky it can gather up a motley collection of troops for small scale operations in Africa. Nobody is going to donate troops that would be regular targets of outside elelments like Hamas trying to distrupt any peace process on one side and an Israeli military force that could sweep them aside with ease on the other.

This has to be something that comes from inside Palestine and Israel, nobody else is going to be able to make them do anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
That was then. This is now. And I think everyone is much worse now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join