It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pain after tooth extraction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

Sometimes can take a week or more before back to normal.

I remember when I had my fillings re-done, I had pain for around a week!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Try two(202mg) Naproxens twice daily.

If you are looking to steer clear of prescription drugs here are some natural anti-inflammatory agents:

Tumeric
Ginger
Cinnamon
Garlic
Cayenne

Honestly because you got a tooth extraction I would steer clear of all sugar and just stick with over the counter and some of the agents above that have no natural sugar.

You might try Tumeric and cinnamon in addition to taking the naproxen twice daily. Also try and steer clear of carbohydrates while you're healing as they inflame the body. Same with milk and gluten.

edit on 11-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap
I wish I could say I did follow their orders, but I light up a cig. as soon as I cleared the door. and I regret it. All 4 wisdom teeth with 2 impacted from braces in my early years, but hard booze with the percocet in the sober time helped me through 2 weeks of hell, do as I say not as I do

3 dry sockets

edit on 12-7-2014 by kunundrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I was a good girl and didn't smoke for 48 hours after. Barely ate either because it hurt. The swelling has gone now anyway, and with it I've discovered it's the tooth next to the extraction site giving me pain. So back to the dentist I go to see if it's because it's been knocked during the process or something. Whoop! Thanks for all the advice, made a note of some stuff for future reference

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join