It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

pain after tooth extraction

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:37 AM
Had a tooth taken out 2 days ago. It's still really painful and swollen. Anyone got any ideas on how I can relieve it? I'm taking over the counter co codomal but it's not really helping anymore. I have a high resistance to painkillers since being on them everyday when I was younger. Or even any sort of indicator of when it'll be back to normal so I have something to look forward to

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:45 AM
a reply to: christmaspig

Never used this myself, however I know others who have and it seemed to work for them.

Hope it's of some help.

Kind Regards

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:46 AM

You need anti-inflammitory tablets or powder. The brand to get is "aulin"
it will take away the pain and get rid of the swelling.
You have whats called a dry socket, maybe you had a smoke within 4 hours of the extraction?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:01 AM

Naproxen with food, and chase it down with omeprazole if you have a sensitive stomach. These are both OTC items.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:16 AM
Have you tried putting the tooth back in?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:23 AM
Anti-Inflammatory, such as Aleve (Naproxen) will help with the swelling, the omeprazole, or ranitidine (prilosec or zantac) will help with the side effectsof the naproxen such as acid reflux, and cloves do numb your mouth and throat.

or... just pop a few of the painkillers given to you and call it a night, unless you still have a high opiate tolerance.
edit on 11-7-2014 by kunundrum because: reasons

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:48 AM
I find Brufen pretty effective.

Any NSAID really (Naproxen, Brufen, Aspirin...).

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:56 AM
a reply to: CJCrawley

Indeed Brufen (Ibuprofen), 2 x 400mg..... works every time for me.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:01 AM
Defo sounds like dry socket.

The dentist can 'pinch' the gum together and clean it. 2 minute process and will get rid of pain. Honesty go now. Its a quick process and probably will not even be charged for it.

Caused by smo9king or eating accidic foods shortly after the extractions.

Toothache is the worse pain. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Forget pain relief, you MUST make sure there is no infection......go to the dentist. Pain is there for a reason, killing the pain is not sorting out the problem.
edit on 11-7-2014 by pennydrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:11 AM
Good advice so far, can't add much more but keep to liquids, soft foods to help prevent irritation and infection. Also keep up on the dental hygiene just be careful.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:23 AM
Try a warm saltwater rinse every four hours ..
Use glass of warm water add salt rinse and spit do not swallow.

Usually does the trick

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
Aspirin and alcohol worked for me after having 4 wisdom teeth pulled. I hated the hydrocodone I was prescribed. Made me feel like I had ants crawling on my scalp and my nose.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
Just to add never use Bon Jella to help with the pain it receeds gum lines.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:48 AM

Make sure you are taking your antibiotics, and if they haven't prescribed you some then might want to consider it.
If it's your wisdom teeth for instance, you'll want to be careful not to get dry socket- but this can happen to any pulled area.
Don't smoke, follow all doctor's orders.... And if you didn't use a doctor, google is your friend

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:49 AM
Try swishing with hawaiian salt

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:56 AM
Nope, I was very good and didn't smoke, I didn't even eat for over 24 hours after

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:03 AM
Sorry, should have said I can't take anti-inflammatries either, my stomach reacts badly to it

My husband keeps telling me to take it, I nearly kicked him the 5th time he suggested it. Also breast feeding at the moment so limits what I can take. I've called the dentist but they don't do emergency appointments??! Trying to find someone to babysit for me later so I can go out of hours dentist. Not looking good as every one I trust is working. May have to be tomorrow

I didn't eat for at least 24 hrs after, didn't smoke and only drank water. Brushed my teeth as usual, didn't rinse mouth out with anything to make sure stuff clotted.
I'm so sad right now

Would an ice pack on jaw help do you think?
Sorry for being a pain. I suck. I really do. My husband despair of me at times. It doesn't help that he is and always has been as healthy as an ox. A really healthy one.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:04 AM
Your comment made me laugh. Which hurt. But it was worth it.
a reply to: sn0rch

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:23 AM

only one piece of advice worth posting :

an appointment with a licenced dentist or doctor - who can actually examine the tooth site - and order treatment or prescribe drugs .

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:01 AM
6 ibuprofen

top topics

<<   2 >>