It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami cutting jobs Police tell people to arm themselves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Funny how they don't want you to have guns,then something like this happens and now your supposed to have them. For those that are against guns, I really hope you don't live in this area, you find yourself in big trouble with this going on.
www.truthrevolt.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If you live in Miami and don't carry a gun, your'e asking for it. seriously.
im not at all surprised by this

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DimithaeThis is just a BS scare tactic. These people just want to keep their paychecks and their power. When has a cop ever protected anyone personally?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: DimithaeThis is just a BS scare tactic. These people just want to keep their paychecks and their power. When has a cop ever protected anyone personally?

So Abe, should I assume then, that you are, in a round about fashion, saying we should all be conceal-carry permit holders?

I like that idea, myself.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CygnisI think the constitution said it first.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
Now there is a start, I see we do have something in common.
Star to you.

Toward the OP...
I have never been "protected" by a cop, I have always done it myself and had the revenue collectors come along to aid the state in pressing "charges".
Charges, huh... Now there is an interesting word.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Miami has always been dangerous, but now more than ever telling citizens there will be no help even to back themselves up normally defending dangerous situations should be enough to make people fully on edge. In support of open or concealed, armed to the teeth or not, why subject yourself to that anymore, get out while you can if you can. There are safer places where you don't have to fear for your life 24/7. To the north isn't much safer now days, it's only getting worse even if you're in an affluent neighborhood.
edit on 11-7-2014 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

To me it seems as though the cops are releasing this statement as though its some kind of a "threat".

"The Mayor is getting rid of police jobs so you better buy a gun to be safe".

First of all, we NEED to get rid of cops. There are WAY TOO MANY COPS. 95% of cops, especially in the suburbs, do nothing but harass the average citizen and shake us down for revenue.

They're also acting as though the police have an affect on crime. I would imagine that they do to some extent but the fact is they dont prevent or stop crime. They simply come to clean up the mess after the fact.

Whats the saying, "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away".

Not to mention the fact that they have NO OBLIGATION TO PROTECT YOU.

An armed society is a polite society. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Okay, I WILL admit that one time I could have used a cop and he was actually there! Ran into a psycho at an all night food joint and the facade dropped off this creeps face and he became threatening to me. He backed off after looking over my shoulder. Had no idea why until he left and I turned around and there was this cop. Either way,scare tactic or not, I know I sure would not want to be anywhere near that area if it goes down that they lay off all those police. Either way I'm keeping my own defense going and yeah I don't wait or depend on the police helping me. They could end up shooting my 10lb. Boston Terrier that always carrys a ball to people saying that she was a threat.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
all part of the plan. They get enough chaos goin on in the streets they can bring in the feds and lock it on down. Miami's a border town too....yeah.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Typical political bureaucrat. When the money dries up, they punish the people by cutting functions that should be a priority instead of cutting their own fat salaries and bonuses. What does that tell you about our so-called public "servants?"

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Common police negotiating/awareness tactic when their budget and personnel are being cut, and rightly so, in my opinon.

There's an old thread (or more) about this around here somewhere. It's happened before and will happen again.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I'm in Miami. Don't own a gun.
But I'm a big guy so people don't mess with me. knock on wood.

However it can be dangerous round here.

For the most part. Many people I speak to own weapons already and won't be affected.
I'm very tempted now to get a shotgun and some bird shot.
edit on 11-7-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: Forget it

new topics

top topics

join