It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MISSING 411 - The ones that got away..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i dont get this 'star' thing, i never star anyone in this thread no matter how their opinion agrees or disagrees.. is getting 'star' so much concern to you ? i can give you a star if you want hehe

as for the questions, please ask Michal Swords as he is the one that have the cases on display in his blog TheBiggestStudy.com , you can visit there and ask anything you want as long as you are behaving politely.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

...you have a problem with me having an opinion on my own without reading everyone elses?

why would your opinion matter more than anyone else's opinion ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

...you have a problem with me having an opinion on my own without reading everyone elses?

why would your opinion matter more than anyone else's opinion ?

That was my response to this line...do you understand my response?

i dont get this , you dont read the post but you find something wrong about the stories ?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

as for the questions, please ask Michal Swords as he is the one that have the cases on display in his blog TheBiggestStudy.com , you can visit there and ask anything you want as long as you are behaving politely.

I am sorry I assumed this was posted to start a discussion?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

i'm sorry i assumed you read and understand the post.

if it is the detail of the story you need to clarify, i already pointed to mr michael swords as the writer of these case files in his blog. you can ask him the details since im just a scribe here putting these cases for the benefit of ATSers who interested.

again please behave politely in mr swords's blog since it is a place for serious discussion and not a place for pointless argument and opinions.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Okay, this is my first post (long time lurker) but this thread triggered my interest in the subject and now I've spent a couple days reading various threads on here and looking for the books. I want to buy the books and plan to when the authors website is functional in selling them again, but I have to wonder, and therefore ask, if these books are as good as everyone says they are why are they so hard to find? These stories are incredibly compelling and I want to read more! Its just strange to me that books published in the last ~5 years that have been well recieved by their readers are so damn hard to get your hands on. Is this something publisher related?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

originally posted by: Char-Lee

i'm sorry i assumed you read and understand the post.

if it is the detail of the story you need to clarify, i already pointed to mr michael swords as the writer of these case files in his blog. you can ask him the details since im just a scribe here putting these cases for the benefit of ATSers who interested.

again please behave politely in mr swords's blog since it is a place for serious discussion and not a place for pointless argument and opinions.

Since when is a comment on a post about the subject considered not behaving politely. You are the one behaving impolitely.
I didn't ask for any clarification I gave an opinion on a story. There is no reason why you should not treat every person commenting with the same respect whether you agree with their assessment or not.

This is not a private blog here.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Notice how the story ends? Notice how no name for this supposed Family is used???

There is something about that narrative that is just so "right" that if it's not true we should find a way to make it true. Yes, I know that it doesn't work that way. Tinkerbell-Talk: wishing makes it so.

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

OH I forgot it is not polite to have an opinion on YOUR thread.
edit on 14-7-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
After reading the book, Communion by W. Strieber.. And seen the movie.. Add to that, Alot of myths from every part of the world.. My belief is that there exists (and have done so for a long time) beings unseen, these so called "Grays", fit very well into old norse myths, there they are callled "Svart-Alfr" or Dark-Elfs.. Beings whoms technical superiority is not matched anywhere. They constructed ships and weapons for the gods, whom flew in the sky.. While they themselves lived under the earth. Theyre also callled Dwarfs, magical beings able to change forms at will.. Much like our reported Grays..

And these bigfoot encounters, where they take children.. Very much like the "Troll" tales of old.. Our world is full of possibilities.. Yet mankind has ensnared herself in what she calls society...

When i saw the movie based on Striebers book, when one gets to see a certain variety of alien. A short chubby blue-skinned being.. Sumthing cried out inside, "DARK-ELF"..

I belive these mysterious disappearences may have sumthing to do with these old tales of "trolls" and "gnomes".. Todays "bigfoot" and "aliens"..

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yaxkin
After reading the book, Communion by W. Strieber.. And seen the movie.. Add to that, Alot of myths from every part of the world.. My belief is that there exists (and have done so for a long time) beings unseen, these so called "Grays", fit very well into old norse myths, there they are callled "Svart-Alfr" or Dark-Elfs.. Beings whoms technical superiority is not matched anywhere. They constructed ships and weapons for the gods, whom flew in the sky.. While they themselves lived under the earth. Theyre also callled Dwarfs, magical beings able to change forms at will.. Much like our reported Grays..

And these bigfoot encounters, where they take children.. Very much like the "Troll" tales of old.. Our world is full of possibilities.. Yet mankind has ensnared herself in what she calls society...

When i saw the movie based on Striebers book, when one gets to see a certain variety of alien. A short chubby blue-skinned being.. Sumthing cried out inside, "DARK-ELF"..

I belive these mysterious disappearences may have sumthing to do with these old tales of "trolls" and "gnomes".. Todays "bigfoot" and "aliens"..

There is a connection between the old faerie tales with UFO. You should read the (freely available eBook PDF) 'Passport to Magonia' by Jaques Vallee.. It is a sobering comparison between old Faerie myth and behaviour of modern UFO-nauts.. It is like the 'Entities' behind this 'phenomena' are adjusting their appearance according to the culture of humankind..

Maybe that's the reason many in asian countries still met ghostly beings in the wilderness / forests / mountains instead of meeting 'UFO' , while the modern western countries mostly have 'UFO' encounters instead of spirits/ghosts..

And correct me if im wrong, didnt Whitley Striber also said that these entities also appeared to humans pretending to be animals like Racoons , Owls , Deers ?

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: aguywhoknowsaguy
Okay, this is my first post (long time lurker) but this thread triggered my interest in the subject and now I've spent a couple days reading various threads on here and looking for the books. I want to buy the books and plan to when the authors website is functional in selling them again, but I have to wonder, and therefore ask, if these books are as good as everyone says they are why are they so hard to find? These stories are incredibly compelling and I want to read more! Its just strange to me that books published in the last ~5 years that have been well recieved by their readers are so damn hard to get your hands on. Is this something publisher related?

it is a good book, it will at least make you think deeply about dangers in wilderness especially if you have kids.. and whats great about this author, he didnt make any claim on whodunit , not even a suggestion , he let you form your own opinion..

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Something about these 'faerie' entities always do, they seem to target kids more than they target adults..

in Missing 411's cases , so many cases were missing little kids , not that i say the cause was paranormal or psychic entity but the similariy of missing-411 cases with the known Faerie's habit of kidnapping kids/people or transporting them to far away places..

in missing 411, there's cases where little kids missing and suddenly found on places where even adults have problem reaching.. or found in swamps/watery area but with no wet clothing.. it is as if they are 'transported there' ???

Everyone interested in researching the olde faerie habits, please read the excellent work by Evan Wentz .. Free ebook/pdf/epub format in this website..

archive.org...

edit on 16-7-2014 by milomilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
this is from evan wentz book about faeries , very interesting considering his book is about faerie lore in irish/scottish area..

I have been told by a friend in California, who is a student of psychical sciences, that there exist in certain parts of that state, notably in the Yosemite Valley, as the Red Men seem to have known, according to their traditions, invisible races exactly comparable to the 'gentry' of this Ben Bulbin country such as our seer-witness describes them and as other seers in Ireland have described them, and quite like the 'people of peace' as described by Kirk, the seventh son, in his Secret Commonwealth (see this study, p. 85 n.).

These California races are said to exist now, as the Irish and Scotch invisible races are said to exist now, by seers who p. 48 can behold them; and, like the latter races, are described as a distinct order of beings who have never been in physical embodiments. If we follow the traditions of the Red Men, the Yosemite invisible tribes are probably but a few of many such tribes scattered throughout the North American continent; and equally with their Celtic relatives they are described as a warlike race with more than human powers over physical nature, and as able to subject or destroy men.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Disturbing stories about Faerie kidnapping and haunting

www.sacred-texts.com...

THE TESTIMONY OF MURDOCH MACLEAN

The husband of Marian MacLean had entered while the last stories were being told, and when they were ended the spirit was on him, and wishing to give his testimony he began:--

Lachlann's Fairy Mistress.--'My grandmother, Catherine MacInnis, used to tell about a man named Lachlann, whom she knew, being in love with a fairy woman. The fairy woman made it a point to see Lachlann every night, and he being worn out with her began to fear her. Things got so bad at last that he decided to go to America to escape the fairy woman. As soon as the plan was fixed, and he was about to emigrate, women who were milking at sunset out in the meadows heard very audibly the fairy woman singing this song:--

What will the brown-haired woman do
When Lachlann is on the billows?

'Lachlann emigrated to Cape Breton, landing in Nova Scotia; and in his first letter home to his friends he stated that the same fairy woman was haunting him there in America.' 1

Abduction of a Bridegroom.--'I have heard it from old people that a couple newly married, were on their way to the home of the bride's father, and for some unknown reason the groom fell behind the procession, and seeing a fairy-dwelling open along the road was taken into it. No one could ever find the least trace of where he went, and all hope of seeing him again was given up.

The man remained with the fairies so long that when he returned two generations had disappeared during the lapse of time. The township in which his bride's house used to be was depopulated and in ruins for up to twenty years, but to him the time had seemed only a few hours; and he was just as fresh and youthful as when he went in the fairy dwelling.'

IN THE ISLE OF MAN

The following story, illustrative of the belief, was told to me by Bill Clarke:--

'Once while I was fishing from a ledge of rocks that runs out into the sea at Lag-ny-Keilley a dense grey mist began to approach the land, and I thought I had best make for home while the footpath above the rocks was visible. When getting my things together I heard what sounded like a lot of children coming out of school. I lifted my head, and behold ye, there was a fleet of fairy boats each side of the rock.

Their riding-lights were shining like little stars, and I heard one of the Little Fellas shout, "Hraaghyn boght as earish broigh, skeddan dy liooar ec yn mooinjer seilhll shoh, cha nel veg ain" (Poor times and dirty weather, and herring enough at the people of this world, nothing at us). Then they dropped off and went agate o' the flitters.'

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ill add one encounter I find fitting. Sweden, maybe 60-70 years ago, or more.
My great great grandmother or maybe it was her sister.. She was walking the familys cows, through the woods..
Shes just a child, and she gets lost in the woods.. And just when understanding that she Is lost.. She encounters this woman. Maybe this doesnt seem that unusual to some, but it was to her.. The woman was no ordinary woman..
The woman had a blue dress and long brown hair, and sumhow she was just there, standing next to her. In the middle of the woods.
She told the child: "Are you lost"
"Yes", the girl answered.
"Follow me, and dont forget your cows". The lady in blue led her and the cattle home safely. And just when the child turned around to thank this Mysterious lady, she was gone.. And was never seen again, neither in towns or woods.. Might be more to this story, but this is what I recall from hearing her tell about it..

I might add that that her sister ( or if it was her ) saw a flying saucer in her teens.
It flew Very close, she could see the "windows" on this thing. And the people inside..
"They looked like ordinary people"..
Myself have seen a saucer aswell.. No windows though.. Just shimmering white/silver saucer flying over our heads, as we had an UFO project in school. You might understand the hype we got from this..

edit on 7/22/2014 by Yaxkin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yaxkin
Ill add one encounter I find fitting. Sweden, maybe 60-70 years ago, or more.
My great great grandmother or maybe it was her sister.. She was walking the familys cows, through the woods..
Shes just a child, and she gets lost in the woods.. And just when understanding that she Is lost.. She encounters this woman. Maybe this doesnt seem that unusual to some, but it was to her.. The woman was no ordinary woman..
The woman had a blue dress and long brown hair, and sumhow she was just there, standing next to her. In the middle of the woods.
She told the child: "Are you lost"
"Yes", the girl answered.
"Follow me, and dont forget your cows". The lady in blue led her and the cattle home safely. And just when the child turned around to thank this Mysterious lady, she was gone.. And was never seen again, neither in towns or woods.. Might be more to this story, but this is what I recall from hearing her tell about it..

I might add that that her sister ( or if it was her ) saw a flying saucer in her teens.
It flew Very close, she could see the "windows" on this thing. And the people inside..
"They looked like ordinary people"..
Myself have seen a saucer aswell.. No windows though.. Just shimmering white/silver saucer flying over our heads, as we had an UFO project in school. You might understand the hype we got from this..

that sounds like encounter with forest fairy.. and it is not just in your country, even country seem to have this type of encounter , some seem good natured , some evil encounters..

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hi, Im new here, and this is my first post. I read 3 of David Paulides books, and while it scared the beegeebees out of me, I still go camping sometimes. Since the subject is the ones who got away, I thought this experience this guy posted would be appropriate. It sounds like it would be in David Paulides books, but it is not. Which should tell us there are creepy consistencies even among those who are unaware of the Missing 411 thing. thoughtcatalog.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've been following the david paulides interviews and his missing 411 books for a while now and heard another researcher Steph Young on Coast a while back talking about abductions cases and missing in national parks and woods, with evidence of possible alien abduction and MILAB as well as Fey encounters. If anything, i would go for the first two but they don't explain the old cases. Then again, how old are alien entities? i guess they can be behind the old cases.

What did suprise me was when i saw posts on Youtube about David Paulides new book A sobering coincidence saying they were the same as in the Steph Young books and saying he got the new drowning cases out of her books as they were written before his new book.
edit on 31-12-2015 by Dougra because: error in grammar and flow

edit on 31-12-2015 by Dougra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dougra

Paulides cites many cases and much evidence from Case Studies in Drowning Forensics by Kevin Gannon and D. Lee Gilbertson in A Sobering Coincidence . I haven't read the Steph Young book, but there is no reason why researchers investigating the same topic would not find the same cases and evidence. I think it was Gannon and another dective named Anthony Duarte who first investigated these cases of urban disappearances and drownings and came up with the Smiley Face Murder theory. Paulides notes this, but explains how his theories differ from those of the detectives.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Ever since this thread I've been fascinated with the issue and I've been listening to David Paulides interviews and reading all the threads. S&F

I was reminded of this sad story which is point for point of David Paulides research:

Missing WWU student found

A body found off a dock in Bellingham that morning was confirmed to be that of Clark, 18, a Western Washington University freshman who had gone missing after attending an off-campus party a week and a half ago.

The Whatcom County Medical Examiner’s Office hasn’t released the cause of Clark’s death, Young said. Earlier, during the massive search for Clark, Bellingham police had said there was no indication that the disappearance was the result of foul play.

The body was found floating in a log lagoon on property owned by the Port of Bellingham, about a mile from the party Clark had attended, Young said. It was found by a man planting eel grass, who contacted the port. Port officials called police.

Young said the body had been in the water for some time.

He said the area was searched earlier by air and with dogs when Clark went missing Sept. 26 after he left a party six blocks from his university dorm. The body might have been under a dock or log boom, Young said.

According to Saum, the family friend, the dog picked up Clark’s scent a few days ago near the water where he was found. A group searched that area but found nothing.

Fifteen years ago, the body of Blair Grandstrom, of Bellevue, was found in a wastewater-treatment lagoon, near where Clark’s body was found.

There were no signs of trauma or injuries in Grandstrom’s case, but the Whatcom County medical examiner said his blood-alcohol level was high.

Grandstrom was last seen at a party in Bellingham. Friends started looking for him the following day and distributed leaflets telling of his disappearance.

edit on 27-1-2016 by game over man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join