It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could anyone make excuses for this act... Every couple of months same old same old !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

YALA: -- DESPITE BOOSTING its security measures, Yala's Yupparaj Hospital could not escape an insurgent attack when two of its trainee nurses were gunned down in the middle of a crowded market across the street on Wednesday.

Prasit Meksuwan, chief of the Civic Council in Southernmost Provinces, deplored the attack as he cited the analysis by security officials as saying the two gunmen were likely lying in wait for anybody who could be considered a Buddhist to leave the hospital.

Unfortunately, the two young women - Sutheera Phetjan, 29, and Kulradee Phetmak, 21 - ended up being the targets. Their families are now being provided with counselling and other assistance.

Meanwhile, Prasit urged Buddhists to avoid travelling alone or visiting markets, which he said were difficult to secure as there were far too many people and protection was often lighter.

Security sources say that these two women were randomly chosen for the attack because they weren't wearing headscarves. Also, they were possibly chosen as "soft targets" by a new breed of insurgents, who were possibly seeking to avenge the arrest of an ustad or Islamic teacher on Monday.

"However, the shooting happened in broad daylight in a market that was packed with people. This is beyond expectation," he pointed out.

Director of the Sirindhorn Public Health College in Yala, which had assigned 11 students to undergo apprenticeship at Yupparaj Hospital, said normally food was provided to students and members of staff inside the hospital and that security was tight for all hospital personnel.

She added that the two women were randomly selected because they were defenceless and also because they were clearly non-Muslims as they were not wearing scarves.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

I can only imagine the international headlines if two young Muslim girls had been gunned down in broad daylight because they were wearing scarves. Police, hospitals, government buildings and border check points all get the same treatment from this version of the religion of peace in many countries in S.E. Asia.

Something to note:

It is very difficult to get a gun in Thailand. With the paperwork and government blessings it can cost over 120,000 baht..or over $3800 U.S. dollars for a 9mm CZ-75 or equivalent type pistol (USA can be purchased for less than $400).. Back ground checks are thorough plus you need to have a good reason for wanting the weapon.

Yet even with all these legal steps people who want to hurt others seem to have no problem with finding ammo and guns to carry out their deeds.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Criminals don't follow the law.

We have that particular mental disability with people that want to ban guns in the US. However, with increased concealed carry laws the murder and crime rate is actually going down in those places. Most mass shootings happen where the strictest gun laws are here in the US. Obviously governments know this or wouldn't be passing the concealed carry laws.

And for these cowards that kill innocents, their fate is sealed. They will keep it up until it drives the average citizens in their countries to genocide.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Another sad display of how _not_ peaceful Islam can be in the wrong hands.

You asked about outrage had the tables been turned and this were two Muslim girls. I'd be _just_ as outraged. The difference is none of "my kind" would be targeting 'girls' to begin with.

The perps were cowards.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Apart from all the gun rights angles and how bad people exist and oh how they shouldn't, I think the answer to who did this was in the comment. If guns are so hard to get there, why would they waste their time and take a risk on these two women? Wouldn't a political or religious figure be a better option. It seems to me someone wants to stoke a litte fire of community unrest. Keep the 'domestic terrorist' line running, foment a bit of internal distrust. Great way to keep an illegitimate regime in place.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlimBoom

Apart from all the gun rights angles and how bad people exist and oh how they shouldn't, I think the answer to who did this was in the comment. If guns are so hard to get there, why would they waste their time and take a risk on these two women? Wouldn't a political or religious figure be a better option. It seems to me someone wants to stoke a litte fire of community unrest. Keep the 'domestic terrorist' line running, foment a bit of internal distrust. Great way to keep an illegitimate regime in place.

This has been going on for over 40 years.. Innocent people going about their normal business are shot, bombed, and killed because they are not part of this version of the religion of peace. This has absolutely nothing to do with the present government unless you want to say the government was wrong in signing an agreement for talks and an end to violence through negotiation. The peace was to be observed through Ramadan and the talks were to follow after the religious observance.

These heathens will never be satisfied until they get their own break away Muslim state with their form of religious laws... Same old tune played all over the world. Not knowing where you live but some day you may be faced with the same scenario.

I have not spoken with anyone who regrets the military take over with the rule of law re-instituted and corruption ferreted out. Both Thais and expats I know wondered why it took so long for the military to move. If the military had moved sooner lives would have been saved.

Unless you live in Thailand do not believe everything the international press says for many western powers had a vested interest in the lackey's they once supported.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Looks like the action down south is picking up. It is supposed to be the Ramadan Muslim observance... maybe some of the young bucks are skipping Ramadan this year ?

The deputy commander of Krong Penang district police station and two other policemen were killed when Muslim insurgents ambushed them late Thursday night.

The attack also injured a passerby, a Muslim local resident.

www.nationmultimedia.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SlimBoom

usually yes.

but this seems like a developing country, so they likely have trouble enforcing law.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I think you need to learn the definition of 'heathen', here just for you

A person who does not belong to a widely held religion (especially one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim) as regarded by those who do: my brother and I were raised, as my grandma puts it, as heathens (as plural noun the heathen) a chance of salvation for the heathen

as you can see, Muslims are not heathens...

What people have to remember is this is not about religion, it is about power, control and religion is used as an excuse, it has always happened throughout history and christians have been just as vile and just as viscious, and not just in ancient history. I was in the Army, the British Army, stationed in Northern Ireland, where protestant killed catholic and catholic killed protestant, it was nothing to do with religion, try looking up shankill butchers to see the true face of evil, and these were so called christians. and this was not hundres of years ago, just 30 years ago

What is happening is disgraceful, the bombings and the murders are terrible but the fact we sit in comfy chairs flying drones and wiping people out does not makes any better, invading countries to rape and pillage the land of any resource or mineral we can find, we have supported Israel through its butchery, for over a 1000 years we have invaded and robbed and subjegated their people, so yes they get angry and desperate and some cleric uses that anger and frustration to take control, who really is to blame for all this?

Every Muslim I know personally is kind, friendly, giving and yes peaceful. We need to take the bigotry out of the thought process because until we do we will never get an answer to this problem, we have been trying to wipe them out for centuries, it does not work, we need a fresh solution, fresh ideas, and not ones born out of hatred

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

Every Muslim I know personally is kind, friendly, giving and yes peaceful. We need to take the bigotry out of the thought process because until we do we will never get an answer to this problem, we have been trying to wipe them out for centuries, it does not work, we need a fresh solution, fresh ideas, and not ones born out of hatred

Heathen was used so I would not be in violation of T&C... believe me many other words crossed my mind to describe these particular members of the religion of peace. Yep I too know many Muslims and they are people just like you and I; the good, the bad, the smart and the stupid . I spent some time in the M.E. (over a year) where I was working and flying to many of the garden spots we read about in the news papers. I never had a problem but my English girl friend (flight attendant) and many of her friends had stories that would make most westerner's ill. Different morals and different society so I have always been of a mind when in another country play by their rules... Usually that works just fine unless, because you look different, someone decides you are breathing their air and decides to do something about it.

Yes in most countries that are not Muslim the minority enclave of Muslims are usually decent hard working law abiding people; stage one. Then as the enclave grows the next step seems to be to restrict free movement of non Muslims (mostly through violence; see France and England and other E.U. countries).... as the enclave grows then you get their version of Allah's laws for he is above any government; stage 2... Then the next (3rd) step is their own state or break away residence where they can start the whole process over again for new territory.

The thread is about Thailand and how there has been a concerted effort by the Muslims in the deep south to move past stage 2 into stage 3. Many Thai governments over the last 40+ years have made treaties and bent over backwards to appease and work with their demands. What this has gotten the people of South Thailand who are not Muslim are areas where it is unsafe to even walk across a street to buy food and certainly if you are a woman, police, nurse, or foreigner there are areas where you would be ill advised to enter...

Thailand has always been tolerant of other religions as most civilized countries are. Sometimes this tolerance does nothing but undermine a society and transform a once peaceful domain into areas of strife and killings.. I do not know the answer.. This is something being played out in many many countries of the world.

Someday some country will say "enough" and then there will be hell to pay..... or we could all convert and become Muslim...Then there would only be Muslim killing Muslim (as there is today in garden spots of the M.E.) because our new Muslim enemies do not think and believe like we do... Always an enemy, always a reason, always a Jihad ... always an earthly punishment

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Another sad display of how _not_ peaceful Islam can be in the wrong hands.

You asked about outrage had the tables been turned and this were two Muslim girls. I'd be _just_ as outraged. The difference is none of "my kind" would be targeting 'girls' to begin with.

The perps were cowards.

since when has religion been peaceful ?

top topics

join