It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO (Help analyzing photos please)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
While returning from a short trip to visit a local roadside attraction, a large rock which somewhat resembles a frog and is periodically painted to look like one, two of my friends reported seeing a silvery metallic ball approximately half the size of a car which glided/flew across a bridge and then flew across the creek, up a hill, and appeared to either land or try to hide itself in brush, or perhaps both. As there was a car behind them, my friends proceeded across the bridge and then took the first available opportunity to turn around, return to the bridge, and look for the object. One of my friends happened to have her camera with her and took two pictures of what she thinks is the shiny object they saw, although she said it seemed much smaller then than it had when flying across the bridge.

At first they thought it might be a mylar balloon, but it was larger than any balloon they'd ever seen and also was flying smoothly against the direction of the fairly strong ( 10 - 15mph ) wind.

I don't have any image manipulation software other than the free Gimp program, so my friends and I would appreciate any help trying to figure out what the shiny thing in the two pictures could be. There will also be forthcoming a picture of the same area taken with the object not present. I have uploaded the pictures to my photobucket; I can also provide the original photos, uploaded directly from the camera and presumably with exif data intact, via other methods - if you want or need that please PM me.

I will also PM the exact location of the sighting if you want to know where it was. I'll just say here that it is a rural area West of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Here are the links to the two pictures:

i57.photobucket.com...

i57.photobucket.com...

My thanks in advance for any help with the photos.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It looks like a light reflected in the window glass, perhaps the camera flash?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

I asked my friend about it and she said she had rolled the window down before taking the picture, so it shouldn't be a reflection. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I see the usual alien heads scattered throughout the photo. I do love alien stuff but these photos are the same as all the others that are posted every few months. ughhh I have to give them a

edit on 10-7-2014 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hhott

Midget great Zetariticuli, is that politically correct?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Howdy now,

Looks like a blown up piece of yard glistening in the radiation rays by god.

Taint nothing but a yard and a glitter of somethin.

,yep

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Doesn't look like much to me. Wonder why if you thought it was some thing that you couldn't have gotten much closer to determine what it was.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
In both images the shape is a little different. So something fluttering with the breeze? Maybe a bit of paper, or a piece off of a cat-tail plant.....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
An escaped mylar B-day balloon finally coming back down to earth.

That's my guess...

Des

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Why only 2 pics and why didn't she take one when it looked much bigger? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I havent seen the pictures (photobucket dis-agrees with my phone), but I believe you. What you drescribed is exactly what my grandparents saw when driving on a dark rode in central Florida at night. Since that night, my grandmother often sees demons at night. I believe these anomilies are fallen angels in their transdimensional vehicles. My grandparents go back and forth between central Florida and south Florida, and the super natural stuff only happens on their land in central Florida.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Why didnt your friends just go down to it?
They were pretty close so surely they could've walked a few more feet?
Now they dont and will never know what it was....

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hhott
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

I asked my friend about it and she said she had rolled the window down before taking the picture, so it shouldn't be a reflection. Thank you for the reply.

Looking at the shadow direction it could be a lens flare it would help if the pictures had exif data attached.

2nd picture zoomed in position is the same so looks like a flare
edit on 11-7-2014 by wmd_2008 because: info added

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The sun is not in the image but may be within the view of the lens ...
wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

A luminescence analysis of the first image finds that red, green, and blue channels are all saturated at 255 (maximum for an 8 bit image) within the object as shown below.

The identical result is found in the second image at a closer separation.

An Emboss transform performed on the second image shows that every pixel of every color is saturated within the object.

It is NOT a reflection artifact from the camera flash. The EXIF data for both images indicates that the camera flash did not fire.

It is NOT an insect. The object shape is very similar in both images and remains at the same location in both images. The first image is shot at a shutter speed of 1/800 sec and the second at 1/250 sec 54 seconds later from a different camera position. If it was a bug, surely it would have moved or changed shape between frames with "stop-action" shutter speeds.

IMO, it is most likely NOT a diffuse reflection from some unknown white material. The object area is 3 times smaller in the first image compared to the second yet even with similar exposure settings (f/5.9 1/800 @ ISO-400 v.s. f/5.9 1/250 @ ISO-100) the object is 100% saturated in both images. Possible, but not likely, that a modern camera auto-exposure algorithm could be in error by 1.5 f-stops.

It is my experience that this is not a new phenomena. Over the years others experiencing atypical events sometimes post photographs to ATS that contain similar highly saturated objects.

Unfortunately, without more data, we can only speculate on true nature of this object.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
First of all, thank you everyone for the interest and replies. Most especially, Z, your time and effort is much appreciated. Thank you.

The location is a high bridge over a river ( I called it a creek but it has a boat ramp and a river name, so..). When they were able to return to the bridge after traffic passed, they saw what they thought was the same object on the riverbank at the bottom of a steep embankment. The pictures were taken from the bridge and my friends weren't able to get any closer to it.

To answer another question, my friend had put her camera away after they visited the frog rock, so she didn't have it ready to take pictures when they first saw it. While they were turning around to go back, she got the camera out. My friend has no experience with (and, as far as I can tell, no interest in) this type of phenomena, so since the object wasn't moving she thought 2 pictures would be plenty. I deeply regret that I didn't go with them that day, but what's done is done and I couldn't have known...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrZrD

A luminescence analysis of the first image finds that red, green, and blue channels are all saturated at 255 (maximum for an 8 bit image) within the object as shown below.

The identical result is found in the second image at a closer separation.

An Emboss transform performed on the second image shows that every pixel of every color is saturated within the object.

It is NOT a reflection artifact from the camera flash. The EXIF data for both images indicates that the camera flash did not fire.

It is NOT an insect. The object shape is very similar in both images and remains at the same location in both images. The first image is shot at a shutter speed of 1/800 sec and the second at 1/250 sec 54 seconds later from a different camera position. If it was a bug, surely it would have moved or changed shape between frames with "stop-action" shutter speeds.

IMO, it is most likely NOT a diffuse reflection from some unknown white material. The object area is 3 times smaller in the first image compared to the second yet even with similar exposure settings (f/5.9 1/800 @ ISO-400 v.s. f/5.9 1/250 @ ISO-100) the object is 100% saturated in both images. Possible, but not likely, that a modern camera auto-exposure algorithm could be in error by 1.5 f-stops.

It is my experience that this is not a new phenomena. Over the years others experiencing atypical events sometimes post photographs to ATS that contain similar highly saturated objects.

Unfortunately, without more data, we can only speculate on true nature of this object.

Best regards,
Z

ANY blown out highlight would return guess what a value of 255,255,255 on the colour channels.

The emboss filter shows NOTHING why do people posting re possible ufo pics use this filter is it to try and look like you know something lets do a little test.

An image of a black squiggle on a white background.

Now lets run the emboss filter.

The OP says the pictures were taken from a bridge so the second image is most likely zoomed and not from a different camera position.

I think it's an internal reflection or a blown out highlight from a reflection would the OP know if there is any water in that area

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Cross-eyed stereo pair. It appears to be stationary in the grass.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Looks to me like an overexposed photo with an overblown highlight. If you look at the picture as a whole, you'll see that there are highlights all over the place. The grass, the bush behind it. The "UFO" just happen to be a particularly bright spot, possibly something on the ground reflecting light just right for the camera viewpoint.

But of course, there is a possibility that the bush is actually an alien base and those are the smaller fighter crafts defending it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join