It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thursday's Dog Assassinated By Cop Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Another poorly trained cop roving American streets too scared to do his job correctly. Police training is turning these people into trigger happy paranoid killers. I mean really if police had to go under a psychological test to determine if they have been brainwashed into a paranoid freak by their training. Police excuse their paranoia as "part of the job" but the FACTS are that this training is turning them into mentally ill people .....

a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This sad incident only highlights the mentality of the police force.

When an officer feels that he or she has to draw a weapon let alone fire one, that's disheartening . It's gotten to a point where they have to perceive everything as a potential threat and the usual response is to shoot first, and unfortunately this black lab was caught in the crossfire. And honestly I don't believe that this cop had intended to kill this animal- It was a series of unfortunate events that lead to Arfees death.

But It's not only cops who are guilty of these actions-dealers treat their dogs terribly as well. They breed pitbulls, flog them mercilessly until they are conditioned to attack on sight, and when the 'breeder' can't give another litter they put a bullet in them. And you wouldn't want these pups anywhere near your children and in some cases they have even killed children, but it's not the poor pooches fault.

At the end of the day I read about a cop shooting a dog, which is sad, and this cop will regret this for the rest of his life. And yet there are crims out there who do the same thing to their dogs day after day but we never hear about it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Thank you for the kind words. Admittedly this is a hot and volatile topic for me.

With all the evil running rampant in the US today this is the one that stands out as a stark in our face direct attack by TPTB. Cops murdering people left and right, throwing grenades into children's bedrooms (or crib) and adding final injury by killing peoples pets. In some cases the persons best friend.

In essence this is my red line.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Wellllll, it's certainly a reasonable hot-button, imho.

Am glad you are passionate about it.

Blessings,

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think your assessment is spot on. However, I'd wager that this LEO was a bit too trigger happy. Also, to call bulls#!t I'd examine whether or not there have been any reports in that city/area for "sexual predators."

Could be this cop has an over-active imagination and his own trigger happy or skittishness got the best of him.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Owner Says He May Sue

Craig Jones of Colorado said he hired an attorney on Thursday for a potential lawsuit.

Continued...

If he does go forth with it or anyone else in a similar situation, here's in hopes the lawsuit can bring about change to PDs if not only locally but nationally about how to appropriately deal with dogs during calls and investigations.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Very irresponsible use of a fire arm. What need was there to shot a dog inside a vehicle, through the w indow. People are fearful that mentally unstable people have firearms well here is one on the force.

Unbelievable...
edit on 7/12/2014 by roadgravel because: the w indow bug

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Beautiful dog. This happens a lot and really there is no need for it. Are police trying to get the public enraged? Animals are property, like a stereo, even though they can be our most beloved companions, lifesavers and protectors, police think nothing of putting a bullet in them. The only way to stop it is to raise the status of dogs just enough so they are not considered the same as an inanimate object. They are so much more. As evidenced by a recent case where a young man was sentenced to 27 years in jail for shooting a Policeman's dog.

<< 1   >>

join