It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thursday's Dog Assassinated By Cop Thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Arfee, 2 year-old black lab.

An Idaho police officer shot what he thought was a lunging pit bull, but the owner says it was a black Lab named Arfee.

The owner, Craig Jones, was eating lunch at a nearby restaurant in Coeur d'Alene when the shooting happened and can't believe his best buddy is gone.

source - NY Daily News

Local news reports said there had been a call to the police about a suspicious parked van. The responding officer claims he approached the van with his weapon drawn because he was worried there might be a sexual predator sitting in the vehicle. Arfee, not realizing that sitting in a parked van was tantamount to being a child molester, barked at the cop and was shot in the chest through the driver's side window and died shortly thereafter.

The officer was reported to be distraught afterward and I don't have any reason to doubt this. From what I've read, this incident doesn't have the appearance of depravity that has been far too common in recent stories of cops shooting beloved pets for no acceptable reason. However, imagine this officer had been startled by a contractor who'd decided to take a snooze after lunch and popped up when he heard him approaching? Maybe not a vicious execution but certainly malfeasance.

Very sad.

edit on 2014-7-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It's too bad dogs don't have the ability to use firearms as well. Maybe then they could protect themselves for maniac cops.

Don't care if the cop was "distraught" or not. I hope the SOB never gets a good nights sleep ever again. Saw an article today that German police fired around 90 rounds for the entire year of 2013. We have plenty of cases where US cops have put that many rounds into one suspect. Not sure about how many rounds they've put into families pets just this year. Pretty sure it's more than 90 rounds.

All I have to say is kill my dog and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Omg poor pup!!!
what did this cop thing that the "sexual predator" was just waiting to kill him any second?
Ridiculous

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Saw an article today that German police fired around 90 rounds for the entire year of 2013. We have plenty of cases where US cops have put that many rounds into one suspect.

Yes! Wtf is it ever required to shoot somebody 6, 7, 20 times?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Omg, looks exactly like my little buddy I lost awhile back.
I really hope this cop feels as bad as he says, but sadly I find it hard do believe he does.
But either way, kill my dog and I wont bother asking how you feel about it first. I know its not any better but thats the bond I had with my dog.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It's too bad animals are still being used for entertainment. If you don't live on a ranch or a farm what legitimate need is there to be keeping a dog locked up?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

It's too bad animals are still being used for entertainment. If you don't live on a ranch or a farm what legitimate need is there to be keeping a dog locked up?

I have no idea what that even means. For myself since there are no people around my dog is my friend and companion. Maybe you city folks (excuse the assumption) don't understand everyone doesn't live among hordes of slavering humans. Some of us chose a different life.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Holy hell. If it had been a man i guess he wouldve shot him too. I mean.. Inside a car?!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sure I'm near a city now, but I have resided for periods in the mountain wilderness, observing animals living life as they see fit. Some of them choose to see me as a companion, others see me as a potential threat and keep their distance respectively. But in no case have I purchased with money a living creature, had one passed onto me by another human, or brainwashed a creature to depend on me for food or affection. Animals can enter or leave my life just as fellow humans do.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Ehwah?! My dogs arent used for entertainment (well i did force gizmo to do a little vaudeville. He had a heart attack on stage. Rip gizmo).
They are very happy dogs.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Like the cop he recently shot the kid with.the airsoft rifle and was cleared. Yelled to the kid and in instinct he turned around and the cop shot him 6 times. He was justifies.because he felt he was really in danger.. I find that hard to really believe. We need to demand drug testing these cops that are quick to fear and shooting kids.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Ever have friends over and show them your dog sitting, rolling over, or playing dead for treats? Do you have to keep your dogs in a fenced yard to prevent them dashing off?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Ever have friends over and show them your dog sitting, rolling over, or playing dead for treats? Do you have to keep your dogs in a fenced yard to prevent them dashing off?

Quit trying to derail this thread. It's about cops killing peoples pets. Nothing else Grizzly Adams. Surprised the mods haven't removed your posts yet.

Cops killing peoples pets = horrible. Get it?
Probably not.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Rest in peace Arfee. You were only scared, didn't know better. This crosses over into Breed Specific legislation, black dogs and Lab mixes are often mistaken as Pitt Bulls and in the case as such treated more harsh. Wishing that PDs would address concerns, possible education added in,over dogs because these cases seem ever growing. Local news states that the officer thought of using pepper spray but didn't "because each dog reacts differently". That needs to be addressed as well. CDA PD is going to investigate.

Since it's gone viral, it's getting heated,
"Threats pour into Coeur d’Alene for officer who fatally shot lab"

COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho— An officer fatally shooting a black lab has resulted in the Coeur d’Alene Police Department receiving threatening calls and emails.

On Thursday, authorities said they would not release the name of the officer who claimed he shot a “vicious” pit bull during a call on Wednesday. Coeur d’Alene PD leaders said they have received voicemails and emails threatening the officer.

Source- Krem2 Video included

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I hope the heat continues to increase. From your link.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Ron Clark said the shooting would be investigated and reviewed for policy and legal compliance.

Not good enough. These psycho cops are shooting anything that moves. I hope the people of Coeur d’Alene do not let up on this and hunt this lunatic to the end of the earth.

Sorry if that seems extreme but I love my dog. Don't even want to think of something like this happening to her.

"All in all, it's just a tragic situation and we need to understand that we will do everything we need to do to make sure that it's properly investigated,” said Clark.

Nope, doesn't cut it. You murdered a family member. Hopefully these murdering cops get what they deserve.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
a reply to: dreamingawake

I hope the heat continues to increase. From your link.

Coeur d’Alene Police Chief Ron Clark said the shooting would be investigated and reviewed for policy and legal compliance.

Not good enough. These psycho cops are shooting anything that moves. I hope the people of Coeur d’Alene do not let up on this and hunt this lunatic to the end of the earth.

Sorry if that seems extreme but I love my dog. Don't even want to think of something like this happening to her.

"All in all, it's just a tragic situation and we need to understand that we will do everything we need to do to make sure that it's properly investigated,” said Clark.

Nope, doesn't cut it. You murdered a family member. Hopefully these murdering cops get what they deserve.

As these cases seem to more often than not end in "paid leaves", brining attention to it might help action besides a slap on the wrist. At least hope so and will do what ever I can. Minus violence or what ever but damn are they really shocked as the threats being made? They need to see these actions will be met with disgust, possible even hurt more lives and that people are fed up.

It hits home to me not just locally but because of owning a Lab mix that can easily be mistaken for another breed-not PB though. He goes with me, protects me so I am not alone broken down on a long country road and in general a deterrent from robbery but more so because he enjoys being with me going out places. Now their ridiculous actions are going to bring fear to people? It's not right. Needless to say not going to bring him near CDA now.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm sure this is just an accident as most cops are good according to some apologists here...
T$C here on ATS prohibit me from expressing in full just what I would do.
My dogs are more than just pets, they are valued family members to me.
Take what is precious to me and I will take what is precious to you, think "Kaiser Sozeh" and you'd have my response.
I wouldn't go after the cop, sometimes it is best to make your enemy live.
My condolences to the person who just lost their best buddy.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Is it police policy to approach all vehicles with guns drawn and finger on the trigger, ready to shoot at the slightest movement? This stuff really beggars belief and it just seems to be getting worse all the time. It seems many are on a hair trigger and unleash a hail of bullets at anything that moves. Perhaps not ideal people to be in the job at all.

I spend a lot of my free time wearing camo gear, hidden away and watching / photographing wildlife. There have been many occasions where someone has walked close to where I am located with a dog that has not seen me. Inevitably my movement has often startled the dog and I have been barked at, understandably, but I don't see a need to bludgeon the dog to death with my tripod, fearing for my life / safety. Usually a calming voice is all that is needed to stop the dog barking at me and I've even then had them come up for an ear scratch. It's simply the way you approach an animal that determines the way it will act. The excuses I see for police officers shooting dogs is just complete BS.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It's a partnership with pets. It's not really about entertainment, it's about a cat or dog being your best friend for life. Sure you provide for them, but they also provide for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I understand your feelings re your dog if killed.

However, Please, Dear Heart . . . some of us believe you are far too needed in this disintegrating world for the people in it. Please consider your priorities.

You are probably one of the few in your social network as awake as you are. Dozens of people may end up looking to you for leadership in coming traumatic situations. Please stay safe with as many options as possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join