It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Tense Movie Scene

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Not scary but the speech from Independence Day always puts me on the edge of my seat.

We will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish without a fight.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A few scenes in 'Blue Velvet.' Dennis Hopper's character, Frank, is one of the best psychos ever put to film. It's probably my favorite Lynch film.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Kill bill vol 2 where Uma's character is buried alive in a coffin.

Was watching it lying in bed in the dark I had to finally sit up and turn on the lights to calm down.

Also American History X where he had the kid bite down on the curb, I still have to turn away at that part.
edit on 11-7-2014 by thesaneone because: Add

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Also American History X where he had the kid bite down on the curb, I still have to turn away at that part.

Ugh, you made me involuntarily bite my lips. That sound of teeth on concrete...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Stop lalalalala

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Interesting post ! There are many...but my favourite moment is in the film " Signs " when Mel Gibsons character sees an alien ( Which is behind him.) reflected on the screen of a t.v. in front of him ( Which is switched off, at the time.)

Truly creepy..

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The first ten minutes of Behind Enemy Lines. Watching Owen Wilson pilot an F-14 as it's torn apart by a heat-seeking missile just about made me toss my popcorn. Still my second-favorite movie, because nothing is better than Jaws. If you haven't seen it, it's about Milosevic's reign and how one American reconnaissance mission goes wildly wrong. Certainly Wilson's best performance - had no idea he was so effective with dramatic roles.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: thesaneone

Ugh, you made me involuntarily bite my lips. That sound of teeth on concrete...

That's the one scene I wish I could un-see. If it's possible for a film to leave a psychological scar, that about did it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
if you want to see tense scenes i recommend you to see

v/h/s 2 safe haven part

Oculus

The raid 2

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chasingbrahman

I know which scene you're talking about. It was a really cool scene. As a former USAF member, I recall laughing at many of those scenes because they were completely unrealistic, but cool to watch nonetheless. Unfortunately, there are a lot of movies that Hollywood makes where they use "creative license" to portray scenes, that in real life, would never happen - but that's Hollywood!

If you're interested, take a look at the shootdown of Scott O'Grady, who was shot down over Bosnia in 1995. The movie was loosely based on that event. While the press made him out to be a hero, most folks in the USAF looked at his actions as unheroic and rather stupid. While the shootdown could have been avoided, his evasion actions were ignorant and not how things work in the real world. He got lucky!

Anywho, I totally agree with the Jaws thing!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah...I kind wanna go see my dentist right now...

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"It" written by Stephen King.
All of the scenes but for me mostly the bathroom sink drain scene.

I couldn't look down a drain in my home for weeks after that.
After reading the book in my teens before , it had already given me a life-long fear of clowns too.

That book/movie was too much for me. I never want to read/ watch it again.

Ps: I sometimes still catch myself holding my breath when looking down a sink drain.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

That was a great piece by Stephen King. Unfortunately, after I read the book (all 6000 pages of "It"), I lost interest in Stephen King. He is great at character development, which is paramount to a good story, but I think he went a little over the top on that one! ...but he does have some really cool original stories!

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

That was a great piece by Stephen King. Unfortunately, after I read the book (all 6000 pages of "It"), I lost interest in Stephen King. He is great at character development, which is paramount to a good story, but I think he went a little over the top on that one! ...but he does have some really cool original stories!

I agree.

I did read a couple more of his books after that, but it got too tense.
I switched to Dean Koontz instead.

Paranormal mysteries/ thrillers are more my thing. I'll leave horror to those brave people who have the stomach for it.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

I hear what you're saying. There is certainly an element of disbelief to the whole sequence, but nonetheless, it leaves me all sweaty-palmed and anxious, and I suppose it subconsciously echoes that captivating moment one realizes they're the object of a deadly pursuit as Jaws did so eloquently. Although Jaws takes the cake, both as a cinematic feat and a fine, fine piece of writing. I've absorbed everything Peter Benchley has written (and he weaves some military history into some of his stories if that gets your interest).

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The flagellation scene from The Passion of the Christ.
Gene Hackman's execution in The Chamber
The final scene of The Last of the Mohicans
Baptisim scene from There will be Blood
and finaly this scene from Seven Psychopaths that I find amazing.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Then there is Hickcock's "The Birds"

And if we're talking books.

There is an old one called "The Keep" by F. Paul Wilson not the film based on it.

And the "Christopher Snow" books of Dean Koontz:

"Fear Nothing" 1998
"Seize the Night" 1999

a new one is supposed to be coming out.

Anything with alternative universes so different then ours - is suspenseful and spooky for me.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Pretty much the entire last half of this movie:

My stomach was in knots imagining what it would be like to wake up and find yourself buried alive in a wooden coffin and unable to get out, in a foreign country, not having a clue where you are, and a cell phone with only minutes left on the battery...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The first time I watched Reservoir Dogs I do not think I even took a breath during the final shootout scene, was pretty tense imo.

Twin Peaks.... pretty much every scene with Bob, heebie jeebies for sure.

edit on 12-7-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
The first time I watched Reservoir Dogs I do not think I even took a breath during the final shootout scene, was pretty tense imo.

No idea how I didnt think of that considering Reservoir Dogs is my all time number 1 movie..

Here is the sequence and it is 100% NSFW due to language.

****************** SPOILERS ******************

While these are not from movies I think they qualify.
Their are many people that will agree that Breaking Bad was the best show ever and that show had a few tense scenes.

Starting at :50 for this classic sequence:

This whole sequence is amazing..the slow burn and delivery..from 3:25 on it goes to a place that few show have achieved...

edit on 12-7-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join