It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politician Runs Honest Commercial...Actually Tells The Truth.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Gil is a satirical Senate candidate — an "honest politician" who will openly take any position on any issue... for the right price. We're running Gil for Senate in Kentucky during the most expensive Senate Race in American history between Senator Mitch McConnell and challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes.
www.indiegogo.com...

Of course it's satire if you were wondering. These people are attempting to bring the crap of elections and politicians to the front lines.

I just love this stuff. America needs more of this type of intelligent protest against the corruption in politics. We actually could use this in Canada as well because we are not so different in our position here.

How is this even allowed to happen?

Why Kentucky? The race between McConnell and Grimes is on pace to cost an unprecedented $100 million. Over three quarters of both candidate’s money is coming from outside of Kentucky, including a who's who of big money special interests. When it costs that much to win an election, the candidates become dependent on their funders, not on the people they're supposed to represent. As a result, the issues that matter to the people go unsolved.

So what's the plan?

We're going to use Gil's presence in the Kentucky race as a launchpad into a major national campaign. He'll crash campaign events, run “honest political ads” on TV and the radio, and do whatever it takes to get the whole country talking about money in politics corruption. We’re renting a campaign bus, slapping Gil’s beautiful face on it, and hitting the campaign trail to bring some much-needed honesty to one of the most expensive Senate campaigns in American history.

I can't wait to see what happens because if this actually takes off it's gonna be fun.

So who are they?

We’re Represent.Us — a non-partisan, nonprofit, grassroots campaign working to end the culture of legalized corruption that has come to define modern politics.

I don't know about you folks but I like it!

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fill up my mouth with farts! lolol was this released on April 1st ?

a reply to: jude11

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I just love this stuff. America needs more of this type of intelligent protest against the corruption in politics.

That is only part of the equation.

The bigger government gets, the more power it takes the more money politicians make.

Compound that with the people themselves are for sale.

Most just sell their votes too cheaply.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Love it! What a great idea! Maybe this will force the candidates to address these issues and force the media's hand to help push for campaign reform. I would like to see this done all over the country. Maybe it will help wake up America and cause citizens everywhere to demand changes.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I just love this stuff. America needs more of this type of intelligent protest against the corruption in politics.

The bigger government gets, the more power it takes the more money politicians make.

Agree completely.

This one isn't cheap tho:

How is this even allowed?

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Fools and their money are soon parted !!!!

I have never given money to a politician never will.

Too many fools not enough like me.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Fools and their money are soon parted !!!!

I have never given money to a politician never will.

Too many fools not enough like me.

I got taken by Ron Paul ... never again!!

Great OP. S&F

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I seldom S&F. I S&F'd. I'm voting for this guy. Wherever he runs.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Excellent! Im donating and doing whatever else I can. Pretty intelligent stuff here.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
And then theres Ron Paul.

At 5:00 minutes:

And to imagine, we could have had this man as our President. Even one term, one year, would have been like hitting a giant reset button (and man do we need one).

Ron Paul came out against the the Fed, wanted to bring our troops home and get rid of all foreign welfare.

He openly challenged the three most powerful groups in D.C.: the banksters, the Military Industrial Complex and our unchallenged support for Israel.

To top it all off, he couldnt be bought...

No wonder he "lost"...

edit on 11-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Agree completely.

This one isn't cheap tho:

Peace

The irony of having the states rights party funded at a national level

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Misleading title. Politicians would endanger national security if they told the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Politics in the US has been run this way for over 200 years.

Nobody is bringing anything to light that isnt already painfully obvious.

You either know it's all bull# or you're willfully ignorant that it is all bull#.

Not one person on this planet with an IQ over 40 honestly believes there is any honesty, sincerity or integrity in politics anywhere.

Political satire is therefore dead. The jokes are old, the point is obvious, and nobody cares. They didnt care 50 years ago, 100 years ago, 200 years ago and they wont care 100 or 200 years from now.

In the year 3000 some comedian who thinks he's being smart will make a little holo commercial or whatever highlighting what has always been as obvious as fire being hot and the politicians will still be lying thieves and the public will still be ignoring it.

Politicians are scum. Water is wet. Fire is hot.

Wake me up when they start dragging their corpses though the streets of Washington. At least that would be different. Oh wait, no it wouldn't. Might be fun though.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere
Politics in the US has been run this way for over 200 years.

Nobody is bringing anything to light that isnt already painfully obvious.

You either know it's all bull# or you're willfully ignorant that it is all bull#.

Not one person on this planet with an IQ over 40 honestly believes there is any honesty, sincerity or integrity in politics anywhere.

Political satire is therefore dead. The jokes are old, the point is obvious, and nobody cares. They didnt care 50 years ago, 100 years ago, 200 years ago and they wont care 100 or 200 years from now.

In the year 3000 some comedian who thinks he's being smart will make a little holo commercial or whatever highlighting what has always been as obvious as fire being hot and the politicians will still be lying thieves and the public will still be ignoring it.

Politicians are scum. Water is wet. Fire is hot.

Wake me up when they start dragging their corpses though the streets of Washington. At least that would be different. Oh wait, no it wouldn't. Might be fun though.

The difference now vs 50 years ago is they are in your face about it. 50 years ago it wasn't discussed, but kept in the closet. I also don't think it was to the level that it is now.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: haarvik

The difference now vs 50 years ago is they are in your face about it. 50 years ago it wasn't discussed, but kept in the closet. I also don't think it was to the level that it is now.

Nah. It has always been like this. Information is just easier to come by now so they get caught more often, we hear about it more often and nonsense like blind patriotism fed by propaganda ala WWI+II is no longer possible.

Like violence and crime. The public thinks there's more of it or that it's different because of access to information (24/7 news cycle) when the reality is exactly the opposite.

The politicians have always been cheats and scumbags. We just hear about it more and we are less likely than ever before to close our eyes, plug our ears and sing the national anthem.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well, you do a point there. Media has really done a fantastic job of sensationalizing just about anything that will sell commercials and get them ratings bumps. We are constantly bombarded by news about gun deaths, yet the latest report showed gun murders are down. How can that be? The media keeps showing us all of these gun killings, so it must be true, right (sarcasm)?

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
SO SO SO EPIC!!! ON SO MANY LEVELS....

But seriously this is a major problem....But nobody cares honestly. As long as there party wins they could care less what the guy does or stands for.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I will say that this "campaign" definitely could not hurt America in general. Political campaign reform and the elimination of taking money from any interest group needs to happen. People talk about how politics can corrupt even an honest politician, but it is extremely difficult to even get elected without that money. Playing fairly in this instance hurts you if you're a politician, since you will not have the same amount of money to get your face and your message out there.

So the only solution is top down reform. Start big. It needs to get to the point where ONLY honest people are running. And there also needs to be a system to check up on what politicians are doing. They work for us and as such should be on a short leash. If you make being a politician about solely what it was intended to be about, then less and less dishonest people will run. Ron Paul is a different breed. He truly is honest, and I cannot think of any other politician with his integrity. Many interest groups and other politicians did not want him to win, and you saw how the GOP had to change the rules on the spot to keep him from getting the nomination. Corruption at its finest.
edit on 7/11/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
He has my vote.Let's see how the 2 factions of our 2 party dictatorship will react.We will get several weeks of whining I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Hopefully Gil will get to make a few remarks about 'career politicians'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join