It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America to Sarah Palin: Enough!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
You have to be honest with the ideology that you (anyone) embraces.

Which ideology has spent considerable time trying to rewrite the Bill of Rights to further an ideology?

You mean to include Africans and women to the ranks of full citizen???

You can't say that the progressive left has been endorsing MORE freedoms.

Why. yes I can say that.

Progressives endorse the idea that people can marry who they want. MORE freedom

Many want to fully legalize Marijuana nationally. More freedom

Same goes for legalizing prostitution. More freedom

Progressives want every American to be free to go to the doctor regardless of any other consideration, more freedom.

Weasels on the progressive side smarm about more responsible government, but that is just bullspit. Anything that will grow government, they are for. Bush did it with the Patriot Act, Obama has done it with his complete mismanagement of government, and it is the fringe folks, like Palin, who are laughed at and belittled because she actually says what many are thinking.

Obama mismanaged the government?

Bush is guy who tanked the economy due to his gross mismanagement which culminated in september of 2008. You guys just use Bush's massive coattails to pretend that the state of the economy was due to Obama, but the numbers show that the crisis predated Obama

September 2008 – 432,000 jobs lost
October 2008 – 489,000 jobs lost
November 2008 – 803,000 jobs lost
December 2008 – 661,000 jobs lost
January 2009 – 818,000 jobs lost

Fortunately the world knows the truth... I must ask though, isn't it embarrassing saying such off the wall stuff with a straight face? You guys really think people are too stupid to know who flushed the American economy down the toilet???

edit on 10-7-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: neo96

What it boils down to is these progressives are in fear of having to actually earn their way instead of handouts.

Fear is no way to live people.

Yes Progressives are in fact fearful of handouts to corporations and crony capitalism the killing off of true free competition
www.theguardian.com...Why do car dealers and Republicans want to eliminate Tesla?
Instead of adapting to new market demands, car dealerships spend their money to get politicians to help them hurt Tesla

Yeah if is this what is meant to be a conservative today then color me PROGRESSIVE!
Rolling Coal: America's Political Divide Reaches

Victims aren't usually chosen at random. Rather, coal rollers take particular delight in targeting drivers of green-friendly cars like the Toyota Prius, because rolling coal isn't always mere indiscriminate harassment, but a form of grassroots political protest against President Obama and perceived burdensome federal regulations.

www.autoblog.com...

edit on 10-7-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I guess the supreme court and congress is progressive?

And your point?

We can nitpick about the Supreme Court all day long. Their recent decisions or even the Citizens United decision. They are just as ideologically driven. Their ideology colours their interpretation of the Constitution.

As for congress?

the collective IQ of Congress couldn't match the small smelly thing my cat yarked up yesterday.

The point is, those in DC don't represent what we are thinking anymore.

Instead, we're supposed to alter our thinking to conform to WHAT THEY WANT TO DO AND THINK.

Then we get outspoken people like Palin, who doesn't sound like a rehearsed lawyer weanie in DC.

And the media and the progressive pundits mock her. SO many think they can mock her because they are being told that it's okay to mock her. Sheep.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

You had to go back to slavery? Goody for you. Just proves my point since that was a democrat-owned ideology.

Where is pot in the Bill of Rights?
Where is gay marriage in the Bill of Rights?

Nice you omit the 2nd Amendment that progressives want to rewrite.
Nice that you omit the 1st Amendment that the progressives want to rewrite.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Where can I get one of those trucks?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Lov u bro lol had to star you

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

What it boils down to is these progressives are in fear of having to actually earn their way instead of handouts.

Fear is no way to live people.

Do you really believe that horse crap?

The GOP bases their entire political strategy on fear. Last decade it was fear of the terrorists. What did the GOP do after they cultivated fear???

(besides creating a color coded terror/fear chart)

Invaded the wrong country, created several new FEDERAL agencies, suspended habius corpus, sanctioned warrent-less wiretaps, established FISA protocol, built a two hundred billion dollar boarder fence with 150 mile wide holes in it just for a start....

ALL of it was possible because the GOP steeped the entire conservative machine in abject terror.

Now, this decade you have been taught to fear the black president, who is an illegal immigrant, a communist, homosexual and muslim. Once again the GOP hones in and invest heavily in fear which shuts of the conservative brain. This is exactly why so many conservatives did not question Bush's un conservative approach to governing, you guys were too wrapped up in fear to pay attention to reality.
edit on 10-7-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have one but it doesn't smoke, I even run additive for cleaner burning and more power. Nothing like 4X4 F250 Diesel with 4 doors. The pooch gets the back seat.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If it is just a GOP driven movement, this fear. . . then why hasn't he progressive president, the progressive congress gotten rid of these agencies and made government smaller?

Easy answer, because the progressives want bigger government, more control and less freedom.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Is it just me or does Sarah Palin look more nuttier (crazy) each time I see her on the news?
edit on 10-7-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes I absolutely believe it just look at the scotus ruling the other day the progressives cried like a little girl who scraped her knee all because they have to pay for their own b.c.

link   

You had to go back to slavery? Goody for you. Just proves my point since that was a democrat-owned ideology.

Where is pot in the Bill of Rights?
Where is gay marriage in the Bill of Rights?

Nice you omit the 2nd Amendment that progressives want to rewrite.

LOL slavery and blame Bush !

wow

Guess they haven't notice that freedoms have NOT grown in the past 6 years.

I think this thread deserves that Mencken quote:

Liberty and democracy are eternal enemies, and every one knows it who has ever given any sober reflection to the matter. A democratic state may profess to venerate the name, and even pass laws making it officially sacred, but it simply cannot tolerate the thing. In order to keep any coherence in the governmental process, to prevent the wildest anarchy in thought and act, the government must put limits upon the free play of opinion. In part, it can reach that end by mere propaganda, by the bald force of its authority — that is, by making certain doctrines officially infamous. But in part it must resort to force, i.e., to law. One of the main purposes of laws in a democratic society is to put burdens upon intelligence and reduce it to impotence. Ostensibly, their aim is to penalize anti-social acts; actually their aim is to penalize heretical opinions. At least ninety-five Americans out of every 100 believe that this process is honest and even laudable; it is practically impossible to convince them that there is anything evil in it. In other words, they cannot grasp the concept of liberty. Always they condition it with the doctrine that the state, i.e., the majority, has a sort of right of eminent domain in acts, and even in ideas — that it is perfectly free, whenever it is so disposed, to forbid a man to say what he honestly believes. Whenever his notions show signs of becoming "dangerous," ie, of being heard and attended to, it exercises that prerogative. And the overwhelming majority of citizens believe in supporting it in the outrage. Including especially the Liberals, who pretend — and often quite honestly believe — that they are hot for liberty. They never really are. Deep down in their hearts they know, as good democrats, that liberty would be fatal to democracy — that a government based upon shifting and irrational opinion must keep it within bounds or run a constant risk of disaster. They themselves, as a practical matter, advocate only certain narrow kinds of liberty — liberty, that is, for the persons they happen to favor. The rights of other persons do not seem to interest them. If a law were passed tomorrow taking away the property of a large group of presumably well-to-do persons — say, bondholders of the railroads — without compensation and without even colorable reason, they would not oppose it; they would be in favor of it. The liberty to have and hold property is not one they recognize. They believe only in the liberty to envy, hate and loot the man who has it. "Liberty and Democracy" in the Baltimore Evening Sun (13 April 1925), also in A Second Mencken Chrestomathy : New Selections from the Writings of America's Legendary Editor, Critic, and Wit (1994) edited by Terry Teachout, p. 35

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Why can't we all agree that both sides have their pros and cons?

I'm honestly sick of seeing this left vs. right bull# on ATS...

link   

The GOP bases their entire political strategy on fear. L

What a load of horse snip.

Dare I say ?

Gun violence !

Them evil corporations !

Them evil bankers !

Oh God Oh God we all gonna die if we don't let the US government regulate us in to oblivion to 'save the planet'.

The Right could learn a thing from the LEFT about FEAR mongering.
edit on 10-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I guess the supreme court and congress is progressive?

Could be.

Courts usually have little choice but to follow precedents and existing laws, and the Constitution.

Courts can't Legislate.

They can only focus on what's being argued with little latitude determined usually by precedent.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If it is just a GOP driven movement, this fear. . . then why hasn't he progressive president, the progressive congress gotten rid of these agencies and made government smaller?

Why do you expect progressives to execute a conservative agenda? You seem to think that proves something, but it is not logical... Why should progressives want to embody conservative policies and why would you expect that?

Easy answer, because the progressives want bigger government, more control and less freedom.

Yet conservatives DO the exact same thing.

GW Bush created the Department Of Homeland Security which merged over 20 government agencies and was the largest expansion of federal powers since FDR. Yet you guys point the finger and forget that YOU guys want the small government yet you keep voting for people who DO differently.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Who said Obama is progressive truth be told he is more of a Blue dog democrat than a progressive,he sided with Republicans at close to 90% of their issues,and I am not talking out of my anus here

Obama have been consistent the only thing progressive he even remotely fought hard for is the watered down Affordable care act.AkA Obamacare which should have been single payer he was dragged or shamed into Gay rights by Biden so I guess better late than never,everything else he either roll back or watered down,and yet most of you guys still hate his guts.
Give me Alan Grayston and Elizabeth Warren next election there is real progressive for ya, retire Hilary plueeze.!!

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I guess pay no attention to the largest expansion of government by the left

Like the federal reserve.

Social security.

Medicare

Medicaid.

Fanny and Freddy that backs ALL US MORTGAGES in this country so presidents can come along where 'everyone gets a home' regardless if they could afford it or not !

Then add in all the GUN control LAWS since 1934 banning things. That the law against murder already covered.

The consumer protection bureau thanks to the Frank Dodd act that picks up where the Federal Reserve leaves off.

Then pay no attention to the ACA with it's data hub that picks up where the NSA leaves off.

And the LATEST POWER GRABS by the EPA.

And the GREEN AGENDA that is grabbing power the likes this country has never seen!

Just convientently IGNORE all those.

The left claims they are for 'small' government.

WHAT A GD JOKE.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
She's a MILF, but not the brightest bulb when it comes to strategy.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yet slavery was a conservative institution of the south that was held in place by states rights advocates who claimed the Federal government was infringing on their right to own slaves. Last I checked conservatives are the ones concerned with states rights and low and behold so were the slaver states.

Kentucky

Whereas, the Federal Constitution, which created the Government of the United States, was declared by the framers thereof to be the supreme law of the land, and was intended to limit and did expressly limit the powers of said Government to certain general specified purposes, and did expressly reserve to the States and people all other powers whatever, and the President and Congress have treated this supreme law of the Union with contempt and usurped to themselves the power to interfere with the rights and liberties of the States and the people against the expressed provisions of the Constitution, and have thus substituted for the highest forms of national liberty and constitutional government a central despotism founded upon the ignorant prejudices of the masses of Northern society, and instead of giving protection with the Constitution to the people of fifteen States of this Union have turned loose upon them the unrestrained and raging passions of mobs and fanatics, and because we now seek to hold our liberties, our property, our homes, and our families under the protection of the reserved powers of the States, have blockaded our ports, invaded our soil, and waged war upon our people for the purpose of subjugating us to their will; and

You mean like the way the conservative SCOTUS decided that fictitious entities are "people" and that their money is equivalent to speech?

Sorry but conservatives already handle that, don't let your hypocrisy give you pause or a second of thought though...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join