It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think entities feed on negative energy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
To me it seems illogical to think that a negative being would feed on negative energy. Speaking in eletrical terms it does not add up. It seems more likely that a being in a negative state would feed on positive energy. It also makes sense that most attachments end up draining someone of positive energy leaving the person feeling drained and full of negativity. This seems to counter the belief that they feed on negative energy. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I believe that a person who feeds on others usually goes for the positive ones yes. They will attempt to make the positive person feel bad, so that they can feed on his energy and feel better themselves.

It is often so that the most kind people have it the toughest. Good people have to work hard to not be affected by the energy vampires that need their energy. They need to build a strong mind to resist these "energy vampires".
edit on 10-7-2014 by Odyssevs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I do not believe there are entities period. If I see one then I will believe.

Negative energy / positive energy? I believe there is just energy it is neither negative or positive. It just is.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Energy is Energy - positive, negative or otherwise.
I don't think it makes a difference...except 'the amplitude' of the energy... Or - that is the understanding I've gained through experience.
Could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

IDK...I think that negative entities tend to remain in negative places, not so much that they seek out positive people.

A positive person just happens to be in a negative place where the negative entity hangs out.

I experienced this several times when I was in residential real estate.

I could always tell if the energy was negative or positive from any given property, and most positive people would pick-up on those feelings as well and shy away from those particular places.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
All that say energy is just energy may be right but not on all planes of existance. It is kinda like saying that a paper bag is just a bag. Which is true but the contents of that bag can differ.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think it more accurate to say they feed on ENERGY period. Both positive and negative. And I agree with the other poster that energy is energy whether negative or positive.

That being said...I do think that if there are such things as entities (could be none or a variety of different kinds)...if they absorb or consume large amounts of each, they increase in that way.

ie: with large amounts of negative energy, its increases the negative factor, and with large amount of positives...it make the total larger...or, more positive.*

*(And I think thats true...POSITIVELY! Sorry ...could not resist that!)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I can honestly say that I hate being around Debbie Downies and the male version also (have no quippy name for them, yet...Donald Downers?).

There is something about the constant negative vibes that I tend to begin to dislike the people very quickly.

Makes me wonder if they are sucking the life out of those around them...

Don't get me wrong...I am not one of those cheerleader types who are gushingly positive about everything. When i am shown a glass with water the way I determine if it is half empty or half full is to ask if it was full in it's previous state or if it was empty.

edit on 10-7-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

There is something about the constant negative vibes that I tend to begin to dislike the people very quickly.

Makes me wonder if they are sucking the life out of those around them...

Although I don't take them ('the negatives') seriously, I agree with you.
I realize they can also 'disguise' themselves by appearing 'positive'.

And I agree with OP too, that they like hanging around with 'the positives'

imho... being silent and non-judgmental to their actions is the best move that balances both sides.

peace

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well, they are attracted to the Light, like moths to the flame or light. And need real soul to grow theirs bigger as they are cut off from source, but they can't access anyone who is good, cannot eat your soul or soul light or energy, have no power over the white pieces in the chess board, metaphorically speaking, not racially speaking. You have to fall into their permissions.

So they lay seige to your mind and consciousness over time, lowering your idea of love, from helping others to tough love, to I don't care and you approve long 20-60 year prison sentences for non violent offenses or one off violent offenses, and as they twist your loving soul you came in with as a pretzel, they gain access to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I like to wait till the negative people are in a good mood before I crash their parade and feed off that .... does that make me bad to make the bad people feel bad . Sometimes karma is fun lol
edit on 10/7/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think if you stand back a bit, and are willing to think in metaphorical terms, you will find a whole lot of entities that feed on negative energies: corporations and poltical groups that use fear to sell their products and ideas for instance. But on seeing this, we can realize that the power is ours to choose to feed these entities with our fear, or to choose not to, and to instead empower other, more positive groups with our love and hope.

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I have recently found myself unable to sleep at night, multiple nights, because I dwell on people at work who seem intractable in their opinions and refusal to adjust, and the rest of us all have to manage to work around them.  I am SO sick of the sleepless nights!  You are so exhausted in the morning!

It finally caught my attention that maybe these couple of people who attract all the focus at work are what people mean when they talk about these "psychic vampires" and suddenly that term moved from being labeled "DRAMA" in my mind, to reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
To me it seems illogical to think that a negative being would feed on negative energy. Speaking in eletrical terms it does not add up. It seems more likely that a being in a negative state would feed on positive energy. It also makes sense that most attachments end up draining someone of positive energy leaving the person feeling drained and full of negativity. This seems to counter the belief that they feed on negative energy. What do you think?

Specifically with "entities", then yes. It's only energy, and it's the person who flavours it with their perceptions of positive or negative that they then experience as such. Once it is tinged with negative emotional content (most human BS is emotional content) it attracts the things that desire that flavour of energy.

What makes it especially tasty for those types is that it usually has a large component of hatred, whether that be self-loathing or targeted focused hatred at another person. This tends to 'supercharge' the flavour, or enhance the desirable effect might be a better way to describe it.

Energy dynamics between people is very interesting to observe as they struggle to gather as much of it to themselves as they can. There is a recognisable set of behaviour patterns used to elicit such results with the ones most people will readily see being the Poor Me style and another would be the performer/limelight-lover types, with each being a ploy to garner the energy flowing through the people who are around them.

And here's the thing about it all; it is only energy. It is not 'ours', yet it flows through us, is all around us, all the time. Some of it we can see as matter and light, most of it we don't see. And it's a bit like water in that it flows from where there is plenty to where there is little, quite naturally.

When energy is drained from a person, by another person or something we don't see, the target will feel the same result, as if their batteries are being drained. This leaves them on the negative side of their energy account, we could say, rather than only leaving them with negative energy. How they perceive it is what makes it a negative or positive experience.

Their energy levels will recover via a number of means, again, quite naturally.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Negative energy can be relative when speaking about it. What they do feed off is the life force. For example, if they can get into your psyche and create fear in you it will make it easier for them to suck the force out of you. Another way is to basically put a dark cloud around you. This can also be seen as webs or vortices that appear darkish that are basically sucking the light out of you. So I think the negative feelings, actions are more so a by product of sucking the essence or light out of an individual.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think all humans to a degree reciprocate or absorb negativity and that it comes out in a variety of ways. I think we do it all the time no matter if we realize it or not. Take a look at any political thread for one example - humans feeding on negative output. There's no need to look for other 'entities' doing it when we've got plenty doing it in the flesh here.

Sometimes I like to catch my own negativity in thought (if and when I can) just to feel that strange pang of discomfort when I choose NOT to express it outwardly in some way - like complaining. A very odd feeling - seeing a thought before it turns into behavior. It's a pretty eye opening experience. Humans are social creatures and tend to, naturally, reflect what they experience to others. Even human media is tailored to evoke a variety of emotions - we absolutely feed on them.

A news example I saw this morning on cannabis legalization (headline) Free pot for the poor (headline) and the photograph on the rollover had a number of jars of product - the one in the foreground crisp and clear and the others unreadable. The jar in the foreground read "Obama Kush". The reason for this headline and photograph is obvious IMO: To attract mouse clicks from humans like moths to a flame in the form of emotional response to generate ad revenue. It works and we like it because we like to eat it no matter what the flavor.

It's an ego thing and it's normal to an extent but there are times when it can affect your mental/emotional state for the worst.
edit on 11-7-2014 by Floydshayvious because: boop

edit on 11-7-2014 by Floydshayvious because: one more boop for good measure

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
from personal experience with "negative entities" i have learned that it seems to go like this...

there is negative emotion and positive emotion. and these can be directly associated or related to energy.

a person who is in a positive emotional state, on the higher end of the spectrum, say in a state of joy, happiness, love, serenity aren't really accessible to "negative" spirits who exist in a states at the lower end of the emotional spectrum, "anger, hate, sadness, grief".

but, a negative entity could potentially influence a person or their environment in ways that can bring said person from a higher(positive) emotional state to a lower (negative) emotional state. a person can likewise make themselves more vulnerable and open to negative influence by taking drugs.

say for example someone is hanging out at their home, content and happy. a negative entity is in the space and is able to influence the surrounding environment enough or make it's presence known enough in a way that starts to produce fear in that person. because that person is now afraid and in a state of fear or panic they are now more physically susceptible to the direct influence/suggestions of that negative entity. further influence produces further negative emotion, which in a sense provides a feeding ground for that negative entity allowing it to grow stronger. and in a way it can develop into a viscous cycle. a cycle of creating negative emotion and feeding off negative emotion or feeding off their energy in general while they are in that lower emotional state.

i'm not sure if i would call it "positive energy" & "negative energy" but energy certainly can have different vibrational rates which directly correspond to emotion. it's like the spectrum of light. the lower end of the spectrum is dark, dense and vibrates at a slower rate, lower frequency. and as you move up the spectrum from say red to violet the vibrational rate increases with the frequency and becomes less dense.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some very meaningful responses here. However i am hard headed and still say that the lack of positivity in persons being affected is a direct sign of positive emotional drain and the more secure the connection then the more negative the subject will appear. Everyone is at risk of this if they have no protection or have open emotional doorways. That does not negate that there could be also the opposite and people appearing positive could be having their negative energy drained by something positive. we see this everyday around us by people that seem goood and positive but their actions seem to fall short of reasoning. All this fits in nicely in my earth reflection theory where everything we percieve is backwards from the universe around us.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What I have noticed throughout my life is the sheer power people derive from inflicting fear, torture and pain on others. It seems to 'energize' them.

Maybe it causes a massive release of adrenaline, or some other brain chemical. Targeting children and the vulnerable seems to be a favorite of these types of people.

"Like attracts like', so it may be possible that negative energy tends to congregate....kind of like quicksilver, or how negative-minded thinkers tend to seek out familiar souls.
edit on 5u22America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Negative, Positive & Neutrals

Negatives feed off negatives or weakened positives

Positives may if requested feed off negatives

Neutrals balance but may feed on negatives or strengthen positives getting weakened

Personal subjective analysis...

So a Strong negative feeds of those lower and attempts to weaken Positives for future feeds... The positives respond but if weakened are assisted by the neutrals.

Consider a negative realm-
in circles or rings further out rings or locations are weak negatives
closer to center the stronger negatives guards of the strongest negative
weak negatives remain in outer rings to avoid prana like attacks from stronger negatives as well as await "entering new" weak negatives to feed off (from where?)
stronger negatives closer to center go feed on far out negatives
when strongest feeds absorbs from stronger negatives or feeds on them entirely

(not an attractive place to exist) hypothetically

top topics

<<   2 >>

join