It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK here goes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My actual name is Tony. I'm 30 years old. Work at a University as an academic counselor for undergraduate students wanting to pursue a degree in the Liberal Arts. I am a graduate student who will, hopefully, one day finish with a Masters degree in History, concentration in Northern Antebellum Politics, specifically the life of Salmon Portland Chase (American History). VERY EXCITING STUFF I can tell you! I mention it and my wife is asleep before I even begin.
My avatar is Chase, FYI.
Oh yeah, been married for 6 years (7 on June 8th) but we have been together since 1992 when we met at a political function (Clinton/Gore rally, yes I'm a horrible Dem
).
Expecting my first child at the beginning of August, absolutely thrilled and petrified all at the same time.
Found ATS about 2 years ago. Lurked for about a year or so before I ever got the gumption to post (hence the reason I am "observer"). I find the debate here wonderful (most of the time) and the varied topics are great. My wife thinks I'm a loon because I spend so much time here.
I live in Louisville, Kentucky, USA. Home of bourbon and horseracing.

There ya go, fairly dull overall but I can be a funny when I wanna be.

[Edited on 28-5-2003 by observer]

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i looove louisville. my boyfriend goes there from time to time for lan parties, and i go with him to look at all of the old houses and stuff. I can walk around the historic district for hours..

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
There ya go, fairly dull overall but I can be a funny when I wanna be.
[Edited on 28-5-2003 by observer]

Do not let this man fool you..he will have you in stitches!
Observer you know you aren't dull..you have a great personality(so if your wife goes over due) then just charm her with your humour and she'll surely go into labor then

*Ya know it's always the quiet ones that have a silly bone in their closet*
Very glad you told us about yourself. And congrats ahead of time for the new life

I also hope you go to birthing classes with her-if not I would highly recommend it..
Mag

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Birthing class is a must from what I understand. We have signed up for a one weekend blitz style class since we are so darn busy all the time. I will be there, with bells on and a solid steel glove so she does not crush my hand.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
congrats on having a child, you horrible dem, you

I must say, for us anyway, that everthing we read (about birth), every class we took, etc, sort of all went out the window when it was 'go time'. You're right on w/ the glove though - I think I still have scars! Above all, I hope everything goes smoothly and good luck, Tony.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually, the birthing bits ain't so bad -- it's the AFTERMATH... all... (glug) 25 or so years of it.

Serious recommendation -- read some parenting books if you haven't already. National Parent Information Network npin.org... has a good library online (and it's free.) You'll need to hammer out things like "who disciplines and for what." And frankly, reading up on the developmental stages can turn the "terrible twos" into the "terrific twos." In spite of all the shrieks and screams about certain ages, we never had much trouble with our kids -- no temper tantrums at two, no fights with teenagers.

We used Transactional Analysis tactics (the famous "I'm okay, You're okay" book) and I can say they work well -- and were a much kinder way of raising kids than I had learned from my parents (both of whom had abusive or neglectful families.)

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the info Bryd. I was not familiar with the site but will check it out.
This is how I feel about all this at the moment ----->

I guess I'll muddle through thou.

top topics

join