It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Smiled After His Limbs Were Blown Off Pushes Medical Science

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I take my hat off to any of those guys that defuse bombs and devices. Used to know a few of those guys here before they went off to Iraq. They had a great attitude. One said to me "I know it's dangerous but its what we're trained to do. Let me at 'em".
I have had to put up with lots of "suspect items" over the years and luckily none went off. Most of them were made by crazy people or amateurs but you never know. But the army disposal guys are the real deal and putting their lives on the line. All the best.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Soldiers are heroes because they got their limbs blown off instead of some terrorist loading up a truck full of explosives and blowing off all of yours, or worse yet, your friends and families.

Of course everyone knows that this War on Terrorâ„¢ is all about the terrorists and it has nothing to do with oil reserves, the hegemony of the petrodollar or the final assault on what remained of the US Constitution.
Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. We had to go.
Wait a minute?!?!?!
No they didn't!?!?!
Anyways...
We went there to protect my family and friends from terrorists-
That didn't even exist prior to our involvement in the Middle East.

You do know about how we armed the Mujahideen during their fight against the USSR with the CIA 's Operation Cyclone.
Am I wrong?
Anyways...

I am so glad that we are now protecting ourselves against these terrorists.
Terrorists that our country both armed and educated and now continue to create by fighting a supposed war under false pretenses.

Who cares. This soldier is a hero because he got his limbs blown off while doing his job.
Maybe my kid can grow up to be just like him.

AND... Critical thinking skills are no longer taught in public schools.
I haven't noticed.
Have you?
edit on 11/7/2014 by kyviecaldges because: why not?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join