It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS, NBC reject tv commercial of gay, minority, and disabled parishioners..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"Because this commercial touches on the exclusion of gay couples and other minority groups by other individuals and organizations," reads an explanation from CBS, "and the fact the Executive Branch has recently proposed a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman, this spot is unacceptable for broadcast on the [CBS and UPN] networks."

Does anybody have a pitchfork or torch?

Click here to watch the ad!

Here are those good moral values that we so despretely need over the next four years. The less we see of those horrible gay and minority groups the better off our airwaves are? (scarcasim). I believe their justification is, until there are changes made to the Constitutional Amendment it's unacceptable to broadcast this dirty commercial?

Press release

I mean come on! We're talking about the United Church of Christ putting out a message that all human beings are welcomed in the eyes of god.

What gives CBS & NBC?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Oddly enough, the Viacom aired it on BET and Nick-at-Nite, but not on their CBS.

Unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and as long as the neo-cons and the radical Christians whine and complain about those different from them, corporations (who get their money from groups that the radicals and neo-cons belong to) who control what we see and hear, will push their agenda of demonizing anyone different from them.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I heard about this shocking story on the Neil Rogers Show. I can't believe that someone finally promotes tolerance and these idiotic nutjobs at the big 3 refused to air it.

i'm going to avoid watching the big 3 or 4, this is just ridiculous.

We can have hundreds of ads for sex drugs, beer and other crap, but a message of tolerance gets denied.. unbelievable

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You guys can't see thru this commercial? It is nothing more than an attack on Christian churches and Christian beliefs. I'm not aware of any Christian church that turns away black people, handicapped people, other minorities or even GAY people and that�s what the commercial is promoting � that other churches turn away people. All people are welcome in churches but those churches don�t have to try to pretend that they are accepting of the gay lifestyle. If this church wanted to promote the LOVING message that they are more accepting of the gay lifestyle they could of done it in a better way that doesn't suggest the LIE that other dominations are barring minorities, the handicapped or gay people from entering their church. The commercial in its current form is nothing more than an attempted PC attack against fundamental Christian beliefs using false information. Most people are smart enough to see right thru this kind of propaganda.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I agree with zerotime.

If you have a message of love and inclusion, why the negative ad?

Could it be that controversy = attention?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Isn't this supposed to be the liberal biased media?

Can anyone say mercenary and shallow media?

new topics

top topics

join