It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Cat Lady Club - CCLC - Open for new membership

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sanssouci

Hello and welcome!

How did he make the cats stand like that!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
thank you Timely and Zazzafrazz for your welcome to this very special thread

to answer a good question, i imagine he must have used some kind of display frames under the costumes which his housekeeper helped him to sew. I couldn’t find definitive details, it would have been part of his professional secret.

Apparently he spent more time setting up the props than actually shooting photographs. He says it was very nerve-wracking, he had to work very fast to capture the pose due to his models inability to stay sill. It must have been that difficult to make silly cat pictures in those days that many of his successors resorted to the use of taxidermied subjects.

some scenes show a more static pose of the animals, but for some of them he must have been so extremely fast and patient. i make dozens of pictures of animals and hardly ever capture anything to my satisfaction.

edit on 16-11-2014 by Sanssouci because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Sounds like hard work !

Have to ask - are you next to Brighton/Ramsgate ? lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

lol I was wandering the same thing with the username!
God I miss Sydney.....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
to answer your burning questions, Timely and Zazzafrazz, i would have to say that it depends from how far away you are looking and i could say yes i’m from nearby Sans Souci in beautiful Sydney.

but i did not have the locality of mentioned SansSouci in mind, nor Schloss Sans Souci near Berlin in Germany nor Wang Klai Kangwon in Hua Hin,Thailand, which translates to ‘remote from worries’. or ‘no worries’ as aussies would say.

when i choose ‘sanssouci’ i had more a characteristic in mind. not that i fully own it, but I’m getting there.
something this cat is good at, not quite without worries but taking a best possible position to look into the future.

and Timely, that last clip you posted is just stunning. there are such masters around!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Thank you for clearing that up.

I am in beautiful Port Stephens, and as far as i know - zazz can be anywhere at any time, ie; Iceland / USA / Oz...
could be more , but I maybe causing undue risk to the secret nature of certain things, so I'll leave it at that.

Obviously both ex-Sydneysiders though -

What would you call the offspring of your posted union ?

Clatypus ? lol...

edit on 19-11-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Australia is blessed with so many alluring bays, one of which you have the joy (i'm sure) to live in. and yes, we have to respect the secrecy in the nature of certain things but you may also box me as an ex-Sydneysider.

amongst many great great memories i remember with never ending love Sydney Harbour with its many cats.

and then there is this cat.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Excellent !

As per the welcome in the funny pics thread; it would be unfair to withhold such Feline elegance
from the cat afficionado's in this thread.

We are all cat people here ...

Admit it ...

You watched it for an innapropriate amount of time !!

ED: Cats don't suck !! LOL !!

edit on 20-11-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ha Ha Ha

i’ve seen my cat do that but i would never embarrass a cat by taking a picture while having to deal with snot. i reckon even cats need privacy at times and they do have feelings too.

our previous conversation about Sydney reminded me of my cat Sydney and a few stories i would like to share with the cat lovers community

it was a while ago, when i first had moved to Sydney, (Manley, that is where i was acquainted with the harbor city cats). i had a colleague whit a cat who just had kittens. eager to have them find nice homes she had started to advertise them early to whoever came in her vicinity.

i was also approached and after discussing it at home agreed to take one of the little kittens. my friend especially was overjoyed, prepared with all necessary equipment and named the kitten already in advance with the for us appropriate and gorgeous name of “Sydney”.

The kitten was still very little and would have had to stay with its mother for another few weeks. Then a catastrophe happened. Incredible rain and wind stormed over Sydney and devastated the tin shed where the litter was housed and my colleague came to work next day with very grave news. little Sydney had not survived.

a little while passed and we moved closer to the inner city. to start with we were looking to rent in share accommodation. our decision was mainly made on the fact that our future flat-mate had a cat named Sydney. Sydney was an enormous cat. Still young, but enormous. he was all black but for a bit of white under his four legs. and he was wild. used to fight a lot. while i lived there, the flat-mate had to get Sydney to the vet a few times, the worst cost her an $800 operation.

again a little while passed and i had moved on into my own inner city townhouse. by chance, i ran into my ex flat-mate's boyfriend and inquired about Sydney. “oh,” he said “Sydney is half dead. X had enough of him and dumped him into my backyard where nobody cares for him. you can have him if you want.”

i picked up Sydney a few days later. literally. this once glorious cat was as skinny as a hungry rat and could not stand on his feet anymore. i had to carry him all the way. i carried him in through the front door of my home. it took him 3 weeks to recover so he could make his way out into the backyard. And even when he was his mighty self again, he would freak out, if i would carry him towards the front door.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

edit on 20/11/2014 by 74Templar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sometimes things just look better this way...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

haha EWW! lol I come here for the first time in a little bit and the first thing I see is a cat snotting everywhere hahaha.

here is something cute to balance it out just a little lol.

edit on 24-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

That was just a curve ball - for balance.

As I said - we are all cat people here.
So grossness should be part of your daily routine. ( not quite - but you know )

We have kewts we have loves and we haz snot stuff too .....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is there anybody out there ?

Haha - sounds like a song !

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Brace yourselves, Christmas is coming...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I love that grumpy cat

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think it's actually called a clowder... I like this better though....

ETA: Turns out both are correct.

Today I found out hat the correct term for referring to a group of cats is ‘clowder’. Interestingly, there are also two other valid ways to refer to a group of cats, other than just saying “group of cats” or “cats”. Those other two terms are ‘clutter’ and ‘glaring’.
In addition to this, if one wants to refer to a group of wild cats, the correct terms are ‘dowt’ and ‘destruction’. A male cat, when neutered, is called a “gib”, when not, is called a “tom”. Female cats are known as “molly”.

Group of cats
edit on 27/11/2014 by 74Templar because: ETA

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ok... so now that i finally figured out how to post pics, here are some of my babies!!!

just look at those mitties!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: miss_sky

Thank goodness you worked out how for our thread!
Beautiful.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
dp
edit on 27-11-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join