It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Cat Lady Club - CCLC - Open for new membership

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Love the pinups. I'm fine, thanks. 'Just never had to put Neosporin on my boob before.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

That made me lol!! And welcome to the club!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen ...

heheh !

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Case of Cat Nip a reply to: graceunderpressure

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Oh Grace, Holy cow. I'm so sorry I forgot to mention don't reach across and protect the breasts at all costs. Seriously though, you really captured the imagery so perfectly.

I know this won't make it hurt any less but I once had a huge feral boy wake up in the middle of the N part of a Trap Neuter and Release. He proceeded to get me back by attaching himself to parts that cannot be mentioned here and much to the horror of us both needed four grown men to pry him loose. Lesson #47 : wear thicker pants.

Perhaps a camera with zoom would work.

Penny

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh, I love this thread.
Thanks, Jenny.

Nice try, Timely. Heeheehee.

Zazz, not a bad idea but Ivan's calm catnip moment lasts only about 5 seconds and then he gets crazy eyes (I know all you other cat owners know what that is) -- so I'll have to work quickly. 'Also considering one of those huge tranquilizer darts like they use on lion tagging expeditions.

Penny, no worries. It was my own lack of foresight. I should have known that dangling *anything* above Ivan would be disastrous.

Next time, I'm getting the boyfriend involved, much like Jim the assistant on Wild Kingdom. I see many positive aspects to this nefarious plot. Muahahahaha.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Dog paddle ? ...

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Izzy says hi to all the crazy cats lady's and crazy cat gents on ATS!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I am a new inductee to the CCLC....my cat says so:]

Her name is Sweetie [me] or Bill[hub.] She came with the house we are renting. She was malnourished, loaded with fleas and we started to take care of her. She pretty much owns this place and our 2 mutts know it :]

She is an orange tabby with white paws and is amazing that she has lived here for 5 years. [we met her last year]
She protects our yard from most predators and is the sweetest cat on 4 paws. [and I'm not a cat person]
And God help the person who goes near us when we are sick or injured including the dogs....she is THE PROTECTOR!

Just wanted to say hi on behalf of me, the family and our 'landlord'-Sweetie

Cheers and Paws!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Izzy says hi to all the crazy cats lady's and crazy cat gents on ATS!

Hi Izzy!! Cool digs!! My kid has curtains like your pillow.

Wish I knew how to make an anima. mouse to run around the screen for you.

Happy Nappies!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Awwww Izzy, what a cutie. I love the pink nosed babies.

How's Matilda doing ? I hope she's beginning to feel a little better.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

She is doing so much better! Thanks for asking

She's almost back to her old self, except for her voice. My husband calls her his squealer (her meows sound like squeals it's so darn cute) but she hasn't been squealing like she did before the quake.

Last night her and Izzy were acting a little bizarre, both were walking around the hues down low, as if they were hunting something. The last time they did that we had a 3.4 then at 3am this morning we had a 3.0. Pretty wild!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hope all the crazy cat people have a lovely weekend!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Friday night at the crazy cat lady club, Jenny, Grace, Penny dancing.

Semper at the Pizza Oven

hmmm who is this???

edit on 5-9-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm so glad to hear she's feeling better Jenny. I've learned over the years to pay close attention when my guys start acting strange. They always seem to look at me like they are wondering why I'm not feeling it too.

a reply to: palmalBlue2

Welcome to the CCLC palmal and Sweetie.

Penny

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Jenny,

Hope your kitty is doing much better!!

I have so many questions...I really care for this cat that was here before we moved in. The neighbors gave me her history and all I can say is she should be able to enjoy a pampered, retired life.

When the weather is nice, she loves being in her element [outside]. She acts more like a dog when it comes to protecting us and has no issues doing the official butt-sniff dog greet with my corgi. She does it almost daily with him.

What to do with a neighborhood 'bully' cat that chases her off the porch, won't let her eat or come inside?

I don't know but Sweetie lived life outside and meows VERY LOUDLY if she can't be let out. I think it would be cruel to her if I kept her insde all the time. She has spent 5 years being an 'outdoor cat, I wouldn't want to break her spirit.

She is sooo sweet! She walks with my kid to the bus stop, 'helps' me with yard work and also lets me know when strange animals or people come into the yard.

The bully cat chases her out of the yard and attacks her at night for 'sleeping spots.

She doesn't seem to be near as confident as she was.

She knows she can trust me but its soo different at night in the animal world.

Im not sure what to do. Keep her inside, only go out when I do?

I was raised around dogs and could write a novel on dog psychology, but cats???......I am clueless and TG for the net because we rescued a momma cat and her babies during a winter storm.....learned alot but not enough to 'know' cats like I 'know' dogs.

For example a half benedryl will calm a dog down and prednisone works for dogs.
I don't have a clue when it comes to cats as far as medical.

I guess I am asking for help on a wonderful cat who deserves so much better than what she has had.
Keeping her inside is not an option for her. I tried to last winter and she got 'depressed' .

So all you inductees who know cats.....please educate me

Thanks.... and P.S.====I may not be a nice poster when it comes to other threads, but for animals....I love the ones in my life better than most humans. Thanks

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: palmalBlue2

Poor kitty
Even bullying is a problem in the animal population!

When the weather is nice, she loves being in her element [outside]. She acts more like a dog when it comes to protecting us and has no issues doing the official butt-sniff dog greet with my corgi. She does it almost daily with him.

One of my cats sounds super similar to yours, she loves being outside so much but also enjoys being inside too. Our outside is a rooftop, we live in a loft above businesses and have a flat rooftop "backyard." Lol.

I don't know but Sweetie lived life outside and meows VERY LOUDLY if she can't be let out. I think it would be cruel to her if I kept her insde all the time. She has spent 5 years being an 'outdoor cat, I wouldn't want to break her spirit.

Have you thought about installing a "cat door?" We have one in the door that leads out to the rooftop so Matilda can come in and out as she pleases. (The door is a little beat up from the earthquake.)

When Matilda can't go outside (we closed the door for a few days after the quake) she was at the door screaming and trying with all her might to get that door open. It was so hard to watch but it was best for her to be inside. So, we gave her lots of extra love, affection and attention. She loves chasing her balls and strings around so we used play to tire her out so shed forget about wanting to go outside.

I know it's super sad and so annoying to listen to Sweetie screaming, but that comes with the territory of having a cat. Use playtime to get her all worn out.

One of these could give your cat the freedom to come and go. I'm not sure how that would work out with the bully cat. I would also keep my cat inside at night as well as the food inside. This other cat is probably coming to your yard for food. It sounds like his people don't take the best care of him.

Have you tried talking to your neighbors about their cat? I know cats are next to impossible to keep in the yard, but it can be done. Google: cat barrier for fence. When we move to a new house with a yard, these will be the first things we install so Matilda can enjoy going outside safely in the confines of our own yard.

If this cat is constantly coming in to your cats territory and attacking your cat, that's not acceptable. If it was me, I'd talk to my neighbors about the concerns. Do they live next door? Maybe you could split the cost of a cat fence.

If you're thinking about medicating your sweet kitty cat, talk to a vet. I'd be apprehensive about going that route before all other options were explored first.

I guess I am asking for help on a wonderful cat who deserves so much better than what she has had.
Keeping her inside is not an option for her. I tried to last winter and she got 'depressed' .

Poor baby, it's so sad to see depressed kitty cats

I wholeheartedly recommend the cat door, one that you can lock. That and keeping the food inside should help the problem. Talk to your neighbors and consider a cat fence.

I hope your kitty gets past their blues. Sounds like your kitty was very lucky to be adopted by you! I wish you both the best! I would love know what happens and if any of those options helped

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pennylemon

Thanks! If only we were as sensitive as our beautiful pets are. Every time my girls have been behaving oddly this last week, we've had a small aftershock a few hours later. Wonder what they're hearing?

a reply to: zazzafrazz

Party time, excellent!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hope all are well and your moggies spoilt rotten !

After hearing Jennies earthquake/aftershock problems, I could not help but feel for those in Christchurch N.Z.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join